The Falkirk FC Thread

At the Roman Bar fans event the manager was asked about the possibility of Jakubiak & Nelson coming back. He said we'd be keen to make that happen if it were possible. 

I read from the point Dennon made that we’ve requested that Jak comes back.
I’d guess we are waiting for confirmation either from Watford or the player who could be weighing up or waiting for other options before committing.
Still a positive development though....

JAKUUUBIAK..... WHOA OH OH OH

The Jak and Dirty Den upfront are going to give centre halfs throughout this league the absolute empty tracksuit treatment. 

Genuinely going to have to knock out a tactical prior to matchday one otherwise the Sexy South is going to look like Spidermans been trianing in it.

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Good to see that united look like signing championship jobbers like clark and aird from the pars. Theyve obviously hit a brick wall on the wages front.

Yes but still offering more than the Fife Sevco by the looks of it.

40 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I read from the point Dennon made that we’ve requested that Jak comes back.
I’d guess we are waiting for confirmation either from Watford or the player who could be weighing up or waiting for other options before committing.
Still a positive development though....

Hartley was asked at Elliots night about Jak and said it maybe a last minute signing.

16 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Livi just beaten Thistle 2-1 at Pasta Park.
Really fancy Thistle to come down and end all this negativity re Championship sides not being good enough to gain promotion via the play-offs....

Livi were Livi, a very good performance.

Thistle on the other hand. f**k me, that's an absolute horror show from them. One shot on target, and pummeled the entire second half. They were truly disgusting for a team trying to stay up.

At least when we beat Kilmarnock 1-0 (getting a bit moist here thinking about Big Will slotting it between MacDonald's legs) they made a good fist of it and had several chances.

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

19 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Livi just beaten Thistle 2-1 at Pasta Park.
Really fancy Thistle to come down and end all this negativity re Championship sides not being good enough to gain promotion via the play-offs....

The negativity is doing it from finishing 3rd or 4th where bookings, injuries etc will make a hell of difference never mind the pressure of even finishing 2nd.

I said it way back from the start that I dont think I will ever see a team finish 3rd or 4th gain promotion

Livi were Livi, a very good performance.
Thistle on the other hand. f**k me, that's an absolute horror show from them. One shot on target, and pummeled the entire second half. They were truly disgusting for a team trying to stay up.
At least when we beat Kilmarnock 1-0 (getting a bit moist here thinking about Big Will slotting it between MacDonald's legs) they made a good fist of it and had several chances.

For me it helps to show that the gap between second top and second bottom is not so large every season. Particularly as the second top has effectively played the same number of league games.
If you finish third or fourth you should expect it to be tougher to get promotion and the gap in quality is likely to be bigger anyway.
Very much depends on how good Thistle are at Firhill but we really need to commend Livi for their efforts this season. ...and that’s not something I ever expected to say.
If they do make it up and we finish second behind big spending County next season, we should be a bit more optimistic re our chances....

Difference is thistle have struggled to score goals all season and utterly punchless up front bar doolan who is often benched thus hindering themselves further. Defence isnt great either. Versus a livi side who would run through brick walls regardless of opponent and have giants at the back. Only one winner. Unless there is a miracle its trips to firhill next season for us.