The Falkirk FC Thread

ICT or dunfermline to pick them up

could be a long list of ex forward players looking for revenge against us as a club and fans who gave them a hard time next season a la aird and Higginbotham this season. longridge craigen miller Austin Baird and possibly loy and Harris! prefer if they went to another league!

frightening though of the 6 midfielders and strikers we have I wouldn't want to start a game with any of them. I know we've a lot still to come in but we've definitely kept poorer than we've let go so far. I'm hoping these guys are on lower wages (earlier contracts aside) and are fringe players or still to be moved on

Was just thinking the same thing.
At this point I’d rather have the majority of the 10 that have gone over the vast majority of the 14 we now have. Lots of work to be done....

22 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:
33 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:
Can see Shepps going out on loan if we can’t get him off the wage bill fully.

You would think Loy’s agent would have him something sorted can’t say the same for Harris.

A right back is needed and wouldn’t want us going for Tumilty tbh, Tyler Reid from Swansea has a season left so you never know.

Anything that stops us having McGhee as a right/left back.

I'm struggling to see who would touch loy now. he scored 1 league goal all season and it was against Brechin I think. when he came on he looked really out of sorts.

Loy has a goalscoring record in this division unmatched by many. There were clearly personal/health issues in play last season and if he can get rid of those, he'll be an asset to someone next season.

Loy has a goalscoring record in this division unmatched by many. There were clearly personal/health issues in play last season and if he can get rid of those, he'll be an asset to someone next season.
you could be right but a massive risk and if a club takes that risk it's very likely it will be on a lower wage on the back of being a year older a very poor season and health fitness issues and he may not be prepared to take that pay cut if indeed ever offered it

1 minute ago, bridge of allan bairn said:
4 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

you could be right but a massive risk and if a club takes that risk it's very likely it will be on a lower wage on the back of being a year older a very poor season and health fitness issues and he may not be prepared to take that pay cut if indeed ever offered it

Absolutely, I think we'd have to pick up a lot of his wages if he goes elsewhere which then begs the question of whether we'd be better keeping him in the hope he can recapture his form.

Absolutely, I think we'd have to pick up a lot of his wages if he goes elsewhere which then begs the question of whether we'd be better keeping him in the hope he can recapture his form.

Hope we hunt him

5 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Hope we hunt him

I hope he's gone too, but there's no point in us paying £1000+ a week  in wages to another team when he could contribute something here.

Edited by EdiBairn

I hope he's gone too, but there's no point in us paying £1000+ a week  in wages to another team when he could contribute something here.

You have to size up if he is causing bother in the background I guess. Not that I know he is TBF.

Longridge was good in stages, there’s about 5 games I saw him when he was superb. I would definitely kept him, without a doubt.

On the other hand I saw welsh have a decent 20 minutes once.

3 minutes ago, ka202 said:

Longridge was good in stages, there’s about 5 games I saw him when he was superb. I would definitely kept him, without a doubt.

On the other hand I saw welsh have a decent 20 minutes once.

If Sibbald signs iv no qualms at all about Louis leaving. Shoehorning him in behind the strikers and dropping Sibbald back annoyed me. 

If Sibbald signs iv no qualms at all about Louis leaving. Shoehorning him in behind the strikers and dropping Sibbald back annoyed me. 
Aye this. For me last season two of the best performances I witnessed had a midfield three of Taiwo Sibbs and Kidd. LL and Nelson up front. Morton away and Dundee Utd at home. When Jak came into the side one of LL or Nelson should have been dropped. We lost so much in our midfield when we put Louis there.

32 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

You have to size up if he is causing bother in the background I guess. Not that I know he is TBF.

I would agree that if he is a troublemaker get him away asap, but if ,as I suspect, he is a decent character coming off the back of a difficult spell he would be worth keeping in the squad.

Pretty sure he will be gone though.