The Falkirk FC Thread

Not at all bothered about Welsh but would certainly have kept Longridge as a good standard squad player.

Cant blame him for leaving if the terms offered to him were less than those he had been promised by the club as has been rumoured.

Still it opens the door for another couple of new faces.

5 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Not at all bothered about Welsh but would certainly have kept Longridge as a good standard squad player.

Cant blame him for leaving if the terms offered to him were less than those he had been promised by the club as has been rumoured.

Still it opens the door for another couple of new faces.

yeah, agree Reg... Welsh was a complete non-event; Louis 14 looked like he understood what link-up play was about, with some decent assists as well as his handful of goals. Looked like he cared as well. Sorry to see him go; but as you say, if we’re to assume that Hartley thinks he’s got better lined up, then bring it on... 

so if I'm right current squad looks like...

goalkeepers

Mitchell

mutch

defence

Muirhead

McGhee

Robson

brough

dallison

midfield

kidd

Dunne

Harris

mckee

strikers

loy

shepherd

ohara

unknown?

Sibbald

gone

Watson

Grant

taiwo

Thomson

Blair

Nelson

jakubiak

tumilty

longridge

Welsh

the defence looks like it's taking shape with the addition of a good right back. however still a lot if work to be done elsewhere. a lot of excess fat still in there imo in loy Harris Kidd ohara and shepherd. appreciate some are contracted but some were given new ones and we've let go better players than kept. needs a whole new midfield and strike force. exciting times and signings incoming!

so if I'm right current squad looks like...

goalkeepers

Mitchell

defence

Muirhead
McGhee
Robson
brough
dallison

midfield

kidd
Dunne
Harris

strikers

loy
shepherd
ohara

unknown?

Sibbald
McKee?

gone

Watson
Grant
taiwo
Thomson
Blair
Nelson
jakubiak
tumilty
longridge
Welsh

the defence looks like it's taking shape with the addition of a good right back. however still a lot if work to be done elsewhere. a lot of excess fat still in there imo in loy Harris Kidd ohara and shepherd. appreciate some are contracted but some were given new ones and we've let go better players than kept. needs a whole new midfield and strike force. exciting times and signings incoming!

McKee is here for another year I’m sure. I also think Sibbs will be (piggy)back.

If they don't want to be here then time to say cheerio.  Longridge had some decent games and some extremely pish ones. Cant remember Welsh having any decent games to be honest.  I'll be surprised if either of them are at any higher level than the championship next season. Hopefully this means more new signings from the don.

McKee is here for another year I’m sure. I also think Sibbs will be (piggy)back.
frightening though of the 6 midfielders and strikers we have I wouldn't want to start a game with any of them. I know we've a lot still to come in but we've definitely kept poorer than we've let go so far. I'm hoping these guys are on lower wages (earlier contracts aside) and are fringe players or still to be moved on

frightening though of the 6 midfielders and strikers we have I wouldn't want to start a game with any of them. I know we've a lot still to come in but we've definitely kept poorer than we've let go so far. I'm hoping these guys are on lower wages (earlier contracts aside) and are fringe players or still to be moved on

Dont think Kidd or Ohara would’ve been on much anyway. Shepherd and McKee are completely down to Houston shelling out 2 year contracts for fun so they’ll be on whatever they were on last year. I can imagine Harris and especially Loy will be on a fair whack. We need to find them somewhere to f**k off to.

Can see Shepps going out on loan if we can’t get him off the wage bill fully.

You would think Loy’s agent would have him something sorted can’t say the same for Harris.

A right back is needed and wouldn’t want us going for Tumilty tbh, Tyler Reid from Swansea has a season left so you never know.

Anything that stops us having McGhee as a right/left back.

Can see Shepps going out on loan if we can’t get him off the wage bill fully.

You would think Loy’s agent would have him something sorted can’t say the same for Harris.

A right back is needed and wouldn’t want us going for Tumilty tbh, Tyler Reid from Swansea has a season left so you never know.

Anything that stops us having McGhee as a right/left back.
I'm struggling to see who would touch loy now. he scored 1 league goal all season and it was against Brechin I think. when he came on he looked really out of sorts.

I'm struggling to see who would touch loy now. he scored 1 league goal all season and it was against Brechin I think. when he came on he looked really out of sorts.
as such I think Harris might find it easier to find another club than loy at least he looks fit and will be on a much lower wage