The Falkirk FC Thread

14 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

David Templeton has left Hamilton. Probably out of our price range but would be a great flair signing to go with the big beasts we are collecting.

Heard this is close. Jason Naismith from County, Ali Crawford from Hamilton, and Kenny Miller also to be done tomorrow.

MARQUEE

4 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

Just seen a rumour page saying we’re looking at Danny Redmond and Tam Scobbie. First one would be a decent singing. Not wanting Scobbie back though after watching Nelson tear him a new arsehole this season, guy looks done.

Tam was great for us first time around. He plateaued with us, and has been in steady decline ever since. I wish the guy well, but come on, he is yesterday’s news.

14 hours ago, tubbybairn said:

Scott Fraser or Sam Stanton would walk into our team.

Fraser has had a half decent half season in a Dundee United team that couldn't get past Livi and Stanton barely touched the ball the other night in a must win game that was crying out for a creative player to show up. I'll grant you that Fraser looked a lot better when Fyvie was fit but I still don't think he'd do a job for us.  United have a lot of players who are capable of turning up but who don't regularly (Fraser, Stanton, McMullen), which is very reminiscent of our midfield under Houston. I think you could have substituted either of them for James Craigen and not seen much of a difference over the course of the season. Fraser Aird played the last half of the season like a man possessed for the Pars but there's no way i'd take him back on the basis of just those performances either as I've also see him plod around doing an Alex Harris impression when things aren't going well.

Edited by PipoIsABairn

Stanton and Fraser are good players but Fraser would have a lot better offers than us and Stanton is still under contract and was probably there must consistant player last season so won't be going anywhere.  Plus the way our team played last season most of us would walk in to it never mind those two.

8 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Tam was great for us first time around. He plateaued with us, and has been in steady decline ever since. I wish the guy well, but come on, he is yesterday’s news.

Nah.

I'd go with 'acceptable'. 

9 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Heard this is close. Jason Naismith from County, Ali Crawford from Hamilton, and Kenny Miller also to be done tomorrow.

MARQUEE

Is that what's classed as Marquee in the big league with St Johnstone...

Another bottom 6 beckons

11 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Stokes was at the Livi-Utd play off 2nd leg

Maybe via Ralston with comps was my thinking.

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

Is that what's classed as Marquee in the big league with St Johnstone...

Another bottom 6 beckons

You've missed the point, somewhat.