The Falkirk FC Thread

16 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Tumilty was nowhere near good enough for us if we're looking to go  up . Had the odd decent game but couldnt even make the right back spot his own with very little decent competition.

This seems to be the general consensus.  Doesn't matter anyway, because County have released him.

12 hours ago, Johnny van Axeldongen said:

There are big rumours going around of a MARQUEE SIGNING this week.

Return of the gazebo IMO

2 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Plea for help here

Stuck in my office wading through a Local Government Tender submission and fast losing the will to live, really could use some tasty signing news or even rumours to keep me sane.

Help a Bairn in need!

Are you happy to accept rumours that are laughably ridiculous, or do you need something that might have some sort of basis in fact? Have three of the former and none of the latter.

16 hours ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

Two big units signed the type we've been sadly lacking. Utterly convinced wel finish above Alloa now I just know it.

E0FEB92D-5D8D-4B55-8386-61FB7055D8CD.jpeg

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Are you happy to accept rumours that are laughably ridiculous, or do you need something that might have some sort of basis in fact? Have three of the former and none of the latter.

Anything to distract me from this turgid pish that I'm working on.

9 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Vigurs away to Ross County on a 3yr deal after all the rumours. Chairman got his chequebook out again I see...

No brainer for Vigurs, 3yrs for a 30yr old and as rumoured a signing on fee and £500 more than ICT offered.

They have just weakened one of our rivals for this coming season and we probably couldnt compete with what ICT offered never mind County.

There are younger and with more sell on value available on free transfers down south PH has used that pool of players to great effect before.

Indeed he has....although the general view from the Manager and most on here are that the ones we brought in at Christmas were not good enough for our campaign this coming season.
We need a mix of good quality experienced players up here and new recruits from South. Not exclusively cheap options from south of the border imo.

I wonder if Durnan will be on our radar now he has been freed from Utd along with 13 including loans going back to parent club. A decent centre half and a better right back than Muirhead at this level if we are playing what I am guessing is either a 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 throughout the season as Hartley suggested at the meeting we will probably go between two formations.  We will need more centre halves than we currently have and having the option he can play right back too is a bonus.

I wonder if Durnan will be on our radar now he has been freed from Utd along with 13 including loans going back to parent club. A decent centre half and a better right back than Muirhead at this level if we are playing what I am guessing is either a 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 throughout the season as Hartley suggested at the meeting we will probably go between two formations.  We will need more centre halves than we currently have and having the option he can play right back too is a bonus.
Durnan is fucking gash. Certainly not better than Aero or McGhee and presumably Dallinson because sexy.

Would be a very PH* signing, certainly not a PH** type of signing IMO

*Peter Houston

**Paul Hartley

Durnan is fucking gash. Certainly not better than Aero or McGhee and presumably Dallinson because sexy.

*Peter Houston

**Paul Hartley

I agree. I wouldn't touch any of the Dundee utd defensive rejects to be honest. Not after how crap they have been at the back for the last few seasons.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

*Peter Houston

**Paul Hartley

We will be signing some players this side of the border, I'm not his biggest fan but he has had decent performances at this level, a few against us this season which goes for nothing I suppose but also whilst at Queens, we will be signing players on 1 yr contracts to get us out this league, not every player will be 2yr deals as our last signing has shown and his adaptability to more than one position

He is a better right back than Muirhead as far as I'm concerned

We will be signing some players this side of the border, I'm not his biggest fan but he has had decent performances at this level, a few against us this season which goes for nothing I suppose but also whilst at Queens, we will be signing players on 1 yr contracts to get us out this league, not every player will be 2yr deals as our last signing has shown and his adaptability to more than one position
He is a better right back than Muirhead as far as I'm concerned
I will give you that he's better than Aero at RB.

I dont see us playing 4 4 2 though.

Part of my negativity towards the thought of a signing like that stems from the fact that I'm gagging for us to sign a couple of players with known quality. My impatience is growing by the day which I understand is completely ridiculous at this early stage.

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I will give you that he's better than Aero at RB.

I dont see us playing 4 4 2 though.

We used 4 at the back the last three games and have done previously altho favoured more of the 3-5-2 albeit one in behind up top in both formations, both generally stretch out to two up top.

I am only going with Hartleys view on the upcoming season at the meeting in that he sees us using two formations and having players who are adaptable will be more suited if we are using 3 at the back and having probably 5 centre halves in the squad, its far more productive if they can cover more than one position than having a Grant and a Watson on the bench as we have done in the past, I dont want to see Muirhead at right back unless its a major emergency