The Falkirk FC Thread

Also: Burgess had been signed from two or three levels down, as we were in the PD at that time. And Hearts were a top 2 or 3 team, so regularly dished out pumpings.

Safe to say our levels of opposition will be significantly lower this coming season, and the lad's inexperienced, but hopefully got a good grounding. It might be a Lyle Taylor, it might be a Rakish Bingham. Wait and see, that's all we can do.

I can mind the same sort of furore surrounding the signing of Stuart Burgess.
It lasted about 5 mins into a league cup tie at Tyncastle, with Colquhoun, Robertson & Clark tearing him a new arsehole.
You could swear he was almost running in reverse gear, he was that slow.
Was the furore around Burgess about his chiselled good looks? Because other than that I have not seen anything more than folk pleased that a) we have looked outside the normal wee box of players, b) hes a bit of a unit, and c) we have commenced our business nice and early.

No one is expecting the second coming of Franco Baresi here.

18 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Was the furore around Burgess about his chiselled good looks? Because other than that I have not seen anything more than folk pleased that a) we have looked outside the normal wee box of players, b) hes a bit of a unit, and c) we have commenced our business nice and early.

No one is expecting the second coming of Franco Baresi here.

I would be quite happy with Franco Baresi as he is now.

58 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Also: Burgess had been signed from two or three levels down, as we were in the PD at that time. And Hearts were a top 2 or 3 team, so regularly dished out pumpings.

Safe to say our levels of opposition will be significantly lower this coming season, and the lad's inexperienced, but hopefully got a good grounding. It might be a Lyle Taylor, it might be a Rakish Bingham. Wait and see, that's all we can do.

If I remember this right, Dave Clarke signed Stuart Burgess in our first season in the Premier?  He may well have had the runaround at Tynecastle that particular game, probably a few more during that season against the top teams, but to be fair to him I remember him as dependable and good enough at First Division level under Duffy.  Did like a night in BTW with the ladies right enough, and wore some pretty howling shiny grey suits.   

55 minutes ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

If I remember this right, Dave Clarke signed Stuart Burgess in our first season in the Premier?  He may well have had the runaround at Tynecastle that particular game, probably a few more during that season against the top teams, but to be fair to him I remember him as dependable and good enough at First Division level under Duffy.  Did like a night in BTW with the ladies right enough, and wore some pretty howling shiny grey suits.   

He was signed during the summer before our second season up.

I was a big fan, he was tremendous in the first division under Duffy, and actually settled in well in a ropy PD team the year he arrived.

13 hours ago, kiddy said:

I can mind the same sort of furore surrounding the signing of Stuart Burgess.
It lasted about 5 mins into a league cup tie at Tyncastle, with Colquhoun, Robertson & Clark tearing him a new arsehole.
You could swear he was almost running in reverse gear, he was that slow.

I always used to think that Burgess ran like Fred Flinstone; legs seemed to move for a few seconds before anything happened! Decent player though.