The Falkirk FC Thread

18 minutes ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

Anyone know what is happening with Longridge and Welsh? 

Been offered terms but both stalling. I hope to f**k the door hits both their arses on the way out especially Welsh he's contributed nowt.

I can't tear myself away from that COYB Facebook page, it's like crack.

This evening we have a guy claiming that our most successful periods came at times we had some 'old heads' in, like Stainrod, Latapy (fair enough)... and McNamara and McCann.

We were utter horseshit the season when McNamara and McCann came in.

Been offered terms but both stalling. I hope to f**k the door hits both their arses on the way out especially Welsh he's contributed nowt.

Absolutely at it, Longridge has contributed plenty. Can appreciate some may not want him next season but surely he'd be leaving with a wee peck on the cheek? x

Never quite understood the GTF attitude of some if players don’t commit to the club within a couple of weeks of the season ending.
I understand that Hartley wants to make plans for the season ahead so wants early clarity, but from the players perspective they also want the best financially for themselves and families. I’d expect them to want to test the market before finally committing. Particularly players who have only been with the club for a few months and are dropping out of contract. They don’t really owe the club that much tbh....

This evening we have a guy claiming that our most successful periods came at times we had some 'old heads' in, like Stainrod, Latapy (fair enough)... and McNamara and McCann.
It can be a fun read at times

Just now, ajwffc said:
49 minutes ago, Gaz said:

It can be a fun read at times

I get so wound up by it. I want to tear myself away from it, but I just can't.

I've literally pointed out to the boy that we were worse because we went from finishing 7th to finishing 10th, and he just says that he sees it differently. I'm not sure how you can see that differently.

I get so wound up by it. I want to tear myself away from it, but I just can't.
I've literally pointed out to the boy that we were worse because we went from finishing 7th to finishing 10th, and he just says that he sees it differently. I'm not sure how you can see that differently.
He has decided that a cup final makes up from just avoiding relegation.

Here's a slightly higher one then. He's a big lad. 5af8aca969748_TomDallinson(1).thumb.jpg.5b0307e37faf9d5e2631e76d9112e873.jpg
I can mind the same sort of furore surrounding the signing of Stuart Burgess.
It lasted about 5 mins into a league cup tie at Tyncastle, with Colquhoun, Robertson & Clark tearing him a new arsehole.
You could swear he was almost running in reverse gear, he was that slow.

Ah, for the days of McCann, McNamara, Presley, BoB, McHide & Bullen.
The only episode of Dads Army you tuned into hoping somebody had passed away.

Never quite understood the GTF attitude of some if players don’t commit to the club within a couple of weeks of the season ending.
I understand that Hartley wants to make plans for the season ahead so wants early clarity, but from the players perspective they also want the best financially for themselves and families. I’d expect them to want to test the market before finally committing. Particularly players who have only been with the club for a few months and are dropping out of contract. They don’t really owe the club that much tbh....

Lots of rumours doing the rounds that certain players were promised one thing yet getting offered something else.

Still think there is more to the largest budget - no it's not - story.

Ah, for the days of McCann, McNamara, Presley, BoB, McHide & Bullen.
The only episode of Dads Army you tuned into hoping somebody had passed away.

Tbf I thought Pressley coming in that season saved us from relegation, he was decent at the back!

McCann cost us the final mind you...

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Lots of rumours doing the rounds that certain players were promised one thing yet getting offered something else.

Still think there is more to the largest budget - no it's not - story.

To be honest few deserve still to be here anyway after the season we've just had.  Apart from Sibbald I wouldnt miss any of those we're still waiting on and if they can get better elsewhere then good luck to them.  Welsh and Longridge are squad fillers at best and we need as much cash as possible available to fund our first 11.  If The players we target are looking for more money then its going to filter down to the boot cleaners who in turn will then be offered less.  

To be honest few deserve still to be here anyway after the season we've just had.  Apart from Sibbald I wouldnt miss any of those we're still waiting on and if they can get better elsewhere then good luck to them.  Welsh and Longridge are squad fillers at best and we need as much cash as possible available to fund our first 11.  If The players we target are looking for more money then its going to filter down to the boot cleaners who in turn will then be offered less.  

That’s two different arguments though?

The debate on whether we should offer a deal or not is one. The other is breaking a promise, if the rumours are true.

The debate on whether we should offer a deal or not is one. The other is breaking a promise, if the rumours are true.

Go on, give us a but more to chew on please. What have you heard?

Go on, give us a but more to chew on please. What have you heard?

It is only rumours that those stalling have not got what was promised. It is only rumours however nothing concrete. May well be a load of shite.

47 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

People going back on deals is part and parcel of football these days I'm afraid whether its the club shafting the players or the players shafting the club. Its not something I'd lose sleep over or I'm surprised to hear may be happening at Falkirk. Lets face it Longridge or Welsh would soon be looking for a move if a top flight club came in for them offering more cash whether they'd signed a contract with us or not.  Question should be to our CEO why we are promising medicore squad fillers anything anyway.

8 hours ago, kiddy said:

I can mind the same sort of furore surrounding the signing of Stuart Burgess.
It lasted about 5 mins into a league cup tie at Tyncastle, with Colquhoun, Robertson & Clark tearing him a new arsehole.
You could swear he was almost running in reverse gear, he was that slow.

Burgess was an international class boozer.

Quite hard to sprint with a gallon of Tennents sloshing about inside you.