The Falkirk FC Thread

I wouldve thought we were about the best option the likes of longridge and welsh would have. Longridge couldnt get a game for accies and i cant see many other top flight clubs being after him. Welsh was struggling to find a club before we picked him up and he did little to impress really whilst here. God knows what they want if theyve knocked us back.

16 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
24 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:
This is all just a piss take isn't it. Well done I guess. Mentioned kev one too many times now I think to be considered serious. 
If sibbs signs I'm not bothered at all about Longridge. 

See the more I think about it, I am choking for Sibbs to sign up. If we get the type of midfield we all think we will, then it should allow Sibbs to move up the park, and take burden of creation rather than having to be both that, and midfield lynchpin. But given what he was doing last season and what he will have learned and added to his game, he wont be some sort of luxury, off the strikers type player. He will still be getting stuck in to tackles. It will be good for us defending from the front if Sibbald gets moved up where he should be because he doesnt shy out from anyone.

The 3-5-2 with Sibbs in the middle and two runners either side of him is his best position. Masks his weaknesses and maximises his creative potential.

The 3-5-2 with Sibbs in the middle and two runners either side of him is his best position. Masks his weaknesses and maximises his creative potential.
Aye. Last season he improved on his weaknesses though (he had to) and didnt really get a chance to improve too much on where his game really should be. Would be great to see him being allowed to take the creative position without worrying too much about having to defend, or having to go away back and get the ball off the keeper. I was just meaning that for all he would be the one doing the clever stuff, he wouldnt be a passenger in there either.

47 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

See the more I think about it, I am choking for Sibbs to sign up. If we get the type of midfield we all think we will, then it should allow Sibbs to move up the park, and take burden of creation rather than having to be both that, and midfield lynchpin. But given what he was doing last season and what he will have learned and added to his game, he wont be some sort of luxury, off the strikers type player. He will still be getting stuck in to tackles. It will be good for us defending from the front if Sibbald gets moved up where he should be because he doesnt shy out from anyone.

Agreed Bairnardo, and I think Hartley said that's where he wants to play Sibbald, central behind a front two.  (Like at Tynecastle, when we won 3-2 and he scored that fantastic winner). Yes please.  

8 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Fingers crossed Sibbs signs on today.

Interesting that his mum was apparently part of the audience at the Elliot’s Roadshow last night.

I certainly hope that the boy signs on again but I got the impression at Elliots last night that Hartley was preparing us for news of Sibbalds departure.

Obviously I would be delighted to be wrong.

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

I wouldve thought we were about the best option the likes of longridge and welsh would have. Longridge couldnt get a game for accies and i cant see many other top flight clubs being after him. Welsh was struggling to find a club before we picked him up and he did little to impress really whilst here. God knows what they want if theyve knocked us back.

Friday is an early deadline with clubs still playing, I wouldn't be surprised to see that deadline extended with some, tho Hartley does seem to be a bit head strong, I just hope we offered Welsh a pay as you play deal and he maybe seeking a normal contract, like yourself I can't see anyone being after Welsh with his history in recent years and even performances in the last 5 month

It's perhaps more the thought that if they sign they know it would be as backup as opposed to playing every week. Potentially other clubs offering first team football for slightly less money. You can see why it is a difficult call for those guys if that is the case.

5 minutes ago, tubbybairn said:

It's perhaps more the thought that if they sign they know it would be as backup as opposed to playing every week. Potentially other clubs offering first team football for slightly less money. You can see why it is a difficult call for those guys if that is the case.

I reckon its more likely we've offered them a bit less as they won't be seen as starters for us next season.  If neither sign its no disaster as there is definitely better players out there.

At least we know that if Sibbs doesn't sign its because he doesn't want to and not because the club are fannying about this time.

Edited by Shodwall cat

1 hour ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

I'm glad Muirhead is staying for next year.

pioGE4L.gif

For one reason or another..

A perfect example of the sneaky cnut he is.  A typical give it out but can't take it type of player.  Well placed with the worst full time team in the Championship 2017-2018.

I reckon its more likely we've offered them a bit less as they won't be seen as starters for us next season.  If neither sign its no disaster as there is definitely better players out there.
At least we know that if Sibbs doesn't sign its because he doesn't want to and not because the club are fannying about this time.

Either way. I won't be upset if longridge and Welsh don't sign. I'd take longridge as a squad player but Welsh would be a mistake.
Big decision for sibbs but he has a real chance to be our linchpin next season and get a decent move of the back of a successful season. If he goes just now I suspect he won't be in a great position in terms of contract negotiations at a new club.

4 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

A perfect example of the sneaky cnut he is.  A typical give it out but can't take it type of player.  Well placed with the worst full time team in the Championship 2017-2018.

Big team found.

6 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

From the worst full time team 17/18, to the best full time team 18/19.

It's going to be beautiful seeing you gradually become more of a seething mess as we continually roll you over this year.

kaixfXl.gif

Edited by Chinatoon Bairn

Aaron says get it up ye, all the way tae the makers mark
images-1.jpg

29 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

I got the impression at Elliots last night that Hartley was preparing us for news of Sibbalds departure.

As of last night the club didn't know what his decision would be. If today is the deadline then we may get an announcement this evening, but I suspect it's more likely to be next week before we know for certain. 

22 minutes ago, tubbybairn said:

Either way. I won't be upset if longridge and Welsh don't sign. I'd take longridge as a squad player but Welsh would be a mistake.
Big decision for sibbs but he has a real chance to be our linchpin next season and get a decent move of the back of a successful season. If he goes just now I suspect he won't be in a great position in terms of contract negotiations at a new club.

I would think his agent will have got other options sorted out for him already if he knocks us back.

39 minutes ago, tubbybairn said:

Id have thought Longridge would be in the starting 11 going by last season, both Hartley and Longridge were joined at the hip in regard to little conversations during game etc

Not the first time I called Longridge son of Hartley......usually when he was having a poor game

As of last night the club didn't know what his decision would be. If today is the deadline then we may get an announcement this evening, but I suspect it's more likely to be next week before we know for certain. 

Rumours been going around for at least a couple of weeks that the club didn’t offer Sibbald his deal in time for us to take the option up. This true or not?

16 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Rumours been going around for at least a couple of weeks that the club didn’t offer Sibbald his deal in time for us to take the option up. This true or not?

At BTW Hartley stated that although the club could force Sibbald to sign as they have an option he only wants players committed to FFC and so doesnt want anyone signing who doesnt really want to be there.