The Falkirk FC Thread

Barring a couple of the backline, isn't that roughly what we started with as our first choice 11 at the start of last season? Jesus. Christ. 

What are you wetting yourself about?
We are not even halfway through May and have a dozen new signings still to come.
A wee bit of patience please.

Oh well. The early signature of Muirhead gives us our weakest link. Good to know the other ten starters will be of a higher standard.

48 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Hope you're right. 

He is right.

There is still time for Sibbs to decide to return, or I suppose for Hartley to decide to force him to. Though the latter is unlikely, at least judging from PH's comments last night. 

It was just a case of getting the news out quickly. The club rarely sit on things when it comes to signings.

26 minutes ago, Stuperman01 said:

There must be better defenders out there than Muirhead, Kidd also doesn't make me automatically renew my ST (which I will do anyway).

Hopefully they are using Sibbs extension announcement to launch the new kit. 

I think kidd has been kept on as back up, no qualms about that really. 

17 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Oh well. The early signature of Muirhead gives us our weakest link. Good to know the other ten starters will be of a higher standard.

tenor.gif.48574bc7fb268dfabcbed657d89b673d.gif

That will definitely be our starting 11 for the majority of next season IMO. Thanks for pointing it out so early, so we can all adjust to it in time for the first league game.

Only another 5 signings from down south to come but let’s post what the team could be right now.

Good plan.

35 minutes ago, Trump said:

That will definitely be our starting 11 for the majority of next season IMO. Thanks for pointing it out so early, so we can all adjust to it in time for the first league game.

I just wanted to see for myself where we will be concentrating on, a brand new midfield looks like a possibility and hopefully 2,3 or 4 of that 11 not being there come the start of the league season, then we could make an 11 of the ones that have gone.

I wouldve loved for the Jak or Nelson to comeback on a season loan, although Hartley kinda ruled it out, the January window maybe a different thought and where they are 6 or so month on.

The amount of points/important goals muirhead got Falkirk last season, and he gets talked about like that. What the f**k man?

And that goal against Brechin, that goal against Brechin! Worth a contract on hat alone.

I just wanted to see for myself where we will be concentrating on, a brand new midfield looks like a possibility and hopefully 2,3 or 4 of that 11 not being there come the start of the league season, then we could make an 11 of the ones that have gone.
I wouldve loved for the Jak or Nelson to comeback on a season loan, although Hartley kinda ruled it out, the January window maybe a different thought and where they are 6 or so month on.

Only another 5 signings from down south to come but let’s post what the team could be right now.

Good plan.

I'm happy with a centre 3 of McGhee Muirhead and dallison with Robson at left back. if he plays a back 5 it's just right back we need. all 3 centres big units quick and good in air. happy enough with the defence shaping up if we get a great right back.

hopefully sibbald will 're sign. the big one is the strikers we get in.

How accurate this is or not, I’m not entirely sure. However, thought it was a good base to explain this. IMG_1525967176.561917.thumb.jpg.966b9e9ed5a5e5188b67c8e1bdb00e99.jpgIMG_1525967186.943755.thumb.jpg.e02658e51bcef549fdcfecf280bd8046.jpg

This is a comparison between the 2001/2002 season (where we finished 9th and effectively should have been relegated), and the following season where we won the league. Hoping to see a like for like with last season and this coming season.

There are 10 players who featured in both seasons for us. Steven Craig and Kevin Christie barely featured, and Andy Lawrie had that horrific leg break early on, otherwise 7 of them played a minimum of 14 games or more in season 02/03 (including sub appearances). Not all of them were key players (Rodgers for one, who never started) but highlighted that you could still do well in the league with good quality starters and these players as squad players. This is where I see Kidd and O’Hara next season.

In terms of number of players, we used a lot of players in the 01/02 season, perhaps like last season, and less in the following season, and this is what Hartley has outlined his intentions as. A smaller squad with more quality, but having able back ups who can maybe play in more than one position.

The key thing will be making sure we get the quality players in, hoping Dallison is the start of many more to come.

Edited to add. 6 out of the 10, not 7. Felt Darren Hill had more games than he did that second season.

Aero signing on means so much.

Heartstopping moments in defence, 100% penalty conversion, epic dickshots, Van Basten-esque goals, heart on the sleeve, GIRFUY celebrations in front of the North Stand even if it contains about 15 Ayr fans and always that tiny wee glimmer of hope that he breaks out the Aero-Smash trademark headbutt.

What a fucking box office signing. Touted by big time outfits like Carlisle but decides to keep his captains armband. SUM FUCKING BOI.