The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Bairnardo said:
4 minutes ago, superandy_07 said:
Tommy Robson, Jordan McGhee, Aaron Muirhead, Lewis Kidd and Kevin O’Hara all signed up 
http://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/five-players-sign-for-season-201819/

It need a wee bit more Sibbald

Starting to feel a bit concerned now. If he was going to still be here, wouldn't they have held off on this article until tomorrow when the deadline passes? 

Starting to feel a bit concerned now. If he was going to still be here, wouldn't they have held off on this article until tomorrow when the deadline passes? 
It is a bit odd that we are going down the route of giving Sibbald a choice. Perhaps the Don has told the board to offer him a new deal rather than exercise an option on the basis that he only wants players who want to be here. Would be truly shite to lose Sibbald for no money, and after a season like last. What a damp squib.

Not sure I would read anything into it personally.

I am ITK and the reason Sibbs wasnt announced with the others is because his contract signing is being made into a feature length announcement video in which Sibbald abseils into the Stadium from a helicopter, boots seven shades of shite out of Joe McKee, launches Rory Loy off the top of a Kelpie then signs his name right along the length of the shuttle bus in the blood of Alex Harris.

Mitchell

Muirhead McGhee Dallison Robson

Shepherd     McKee Kidd        Harris

Loy O'Hara

Sorry for making eyes bleed but we are obviously needing a shitload of midfielders in and 3 strikers in at least, 10-12 was the number Hartley gave last night, perhaps the 2 on the figure I was given will depend on horsing Loy, Harris, and not so much Shepherd out the door(also maybe McKee)

Ps the good news for me is Welsh wasnt on that list, would've gave Longridge chance to prove me wrong like some that have re-signed on again but his losing the ball, choosing the wrong option far to much for my liking, if anything he overshadowed Sibbs and would rather we signed one of Sibbs or Longridge

Edited by MrDust

9 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Mitchell

Loy O'Hara

Sorry for making eyes bleed but we are obviously needing a shitload of midfielders in and 3 strikers in at least, 10-12 was the number Hartley gave last night, perhaps the 2 on the figure I was given will depend on horsing Loy, Harris, and not so much Shepherd out the door(also maybe McKee)

Ps the good news for me is Welsh wasnt on that list, would've gave Longridge chance to prove me wrong like some that have re-signed on again but his losing the ball, choosing the wrong option far to much for my liking, if anything he overshadowed Sibbs and would rather we signed one of Sibbs or Longridge

Barring a couple of the backline, isn't that roughly what we started with as our first choice 11 at the start of last season? Jesus. Christ. 

I like the idea of a signing deadline for current players being offered contracts.

If players, no matter who they are don't buy into what Hartley is trying to do then get them to f**k early doors and get folk in who want to be here.

Mitchell
                      Loy O'Hara

That will definitely be our starting 11 for the majority of next season IMO. Thanks for pointing it out so early, so we can all adjust to it in time for the first league game.

Just now, Harry Kinnear said:

I like the idea of a signing deadline for current players being offered contracts.

If players, no matter who they are don't buy into what Hartley is trying to do then get them to f**k early doors and get folk in who want to be here.

Agreed, I felt the Sibbald/Luton trial hung over us all through last summer. This way, everyone will have made up their minds early and everyone can focus on the season ahead.

There must be better defenders out there than Muirhead, Kidd also doesn't make me automatically renew my ST (which I will do anyway).

Hopefully they are using Sibbs extension announcement to launch the new kit. 

Also I note this years sales pitch being 'your player, your club'. At least this year they aren't commiting to any form of promotion through marketing.