The Falkirk FC Thread

Didn't agree that we were basing our Academy decision on the Brentford model, he thought the recruitment policy had to change and try to and think out of the box. So we have someone based in England, who is covering 40 games a month. 

I was hoping for us to become MoneyBall Falkirk but not to be sadly. Still think that with use of statistics, especially in the market we are looking in would be invaluable. Exciting project called ‘modern fitba’ starting up which could be one to watch.

30 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

I was hoping for us to become MoneyBall Falkirk but not to be sadly. Still think that with use of statistics, especially in the market we are looking in would be invaluable. Exciting project called ‘modern fitba’ starting up which could be one to watch.

I dont think Brentford follow the so called moneyball project after spending millions on a player whose stats added up but was shite when he came. 

I dont think you can fully judge football on stats

11 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Steve Watson behind him too (Shudders)

Isnt it Andy Rodgers ?

Watson was a Totten signing the season afore and gone after 2 or so months

***quick check and I forgot it took us a season to sign Samuel

Edited by MrDust

Isnt it Andy Rodgers ?
Watson was a Totten signing the season afore and gone after 2 or so months

Nah Watson played that game. Remember the Trinidad boys played in Totts last pre season & Sammy signed on the following pre season.

1 minute ago, RC55 FFC said:

Nah Watson played that game. Remember the Trinidad boys played in Totts last pre season & Sammy signed on the following pre season.

Altho a pre season game was a majestic day winning so late, tho I always remember it with one our own boys in the pub passing away. I found it strange that day he wasnt in for opening time like I was then news filtered through at night.

One of Sammy or Mitchell may have made all the difference to our season that year instead of Paul Wright and depending on a 37 or so year old Crunchie

Enjoyable evening and a real optimism building from what Hartley has said. However, some fans don’t have ask some ridiculous questions. For example,
Do you coach the players not to shoot outside the box? Good answers from him and he has clearly put the time and effort into making us better.

Did someone actually ask that? FFS.
Hartley seems like a really hard-working guy and a good coach. Have absolutely no doubts you'll be at least top four next season.

Aye, it was cringe worthy stuff. It’s promising how much effort and time he’s clearly put in along with his backroom staff. Hope it pays off.

I feel the club owes O’hara, it must have been hard for a teenager to deal with all that Dene Shiels Pish! 

I think club should backed the players a lot better and protected them, even if that meant saying absolutely nothing. O’hara deserves another chance.

Enjoyable evening and a real optimism building from what Hartley has said. However, some fans don’t have ask some ridiculous questions. For example,
Do you coach the players not to shoot outside the box? Good answers from him and he has clearly put the time and effort into making us better.

Yeah that was a belter.

Also had;

Do we have any injuries just now? “Eh no thankfully, they are all on holiday”

Also;

So have we signed this Dallison lad? “Erm yeah, that’s why his picture was on the screen with the scarf for the last 10mins” [emoji23]

Yeah that was a belter.

Also had;

Do we have any injuries just now? “Eh no thankfully, they are all on holiday”

Also;

So have we signed this Dallison lad? “Erm yeah, that’s why his picture was on the screen with the scarf for the last 10mins” [emoji23]

Aye, the injury one was a belter but I’m sure (might be wrong) that was from a younger fan. Paul Hartley certainly gave a few sarcastic answers but no wonder when he’s getting asked nonsense like that.