The Falkirk FC Thread

Odds on now that it’s Ross County who will be coming down automatically.

Should that prove the case it means another team who will invest heavily to get up again immediately. It could also spur on ICT next season who also finished this season strongly.

I suspect we have a real battle on our hands again next session....

We had that anyway. What a chance was thrown away last summer.

I go back to the Holt season. Went top 12th January. Sevco were coming up, Hearts were coming down. If we had any ambition at all we had a free hit at boosting the squad as we would have got our money back going up and staying down. What did we do? Signed a 6'6" striker who took till March to get it and Joe Chalmers, a LB, when we had the best one in the league.

That two weeks in January should have told everyone what they wanted to know about the ambitions of those holding the purse strings. They still hold those today.

I really hope Hartley gets enough cash to get us up. Just not convinced he will unfortunately. Be interesting is the "biggest budget" debate gets cleared up tonight or tomorrow. It certainly should.

And 86 days longer than your title challenge lasted this season.

Aye f**k off and look forward to your 2nd relegation battle in three years. ????

9 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I felt sorry for Kev when he got his eight game ban at the start of November. Sheps had just gone out on loan to Edinburgh, Rory  hadn't started since the end of September and Hippo & Fash hadn't scored for a month & two months respectively. We were crying out for a goalscorer. That was his chance to get game time, impress the new manager and show what he could do.  Instead he got an unjustified OTT ban and by the time he was able to play again the transfer window had opened and Nelson/Jakubiak had arrived.

Nope and nope. He was an idiot and got what he deserved. I think we can move on now but I don't have any sympathy for him or the length of his ban.

O Hara has done nothing in the last two years to suggest he is even good enough as a 4th striker. I know there was/is potential there, but we cant carry that sort of player in a small squad. Cant believe we are still talking about Shepherd too FFS.

Scott Shepherd should be used as a barometer of football knowledge. If you cant see that he will never make it in a team with promotion hopes in this league, you need to find another sport.

Shepherd being player of the year for the 2nd worst team in the SPFL isn't really an indication he can lead the charge for us next year. I don't mind having 1 of Shepherd or O'Hara as a cheap 4th choice providing the other 3 have proper quality but you'd hope we're looking for much better

If I was Shepherd or O'Hara I'd be angling for a loan to a league 1 team or the winner of the Alloa v Dumbarton playoff to help them kick on.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

O Hara has done nothing in the last two years to suggest he is even good enough as a 4th striker. I know there was/is potential there, but we cant carry that sort of player in a small squad. Cant believe we are still talking about Shepherd too FFS.

Scott Shepherd should be used as a barometer of football knowledge. If you cant see that he will never make it in a team with promotion hopes in this league, you need to find another sport.

Tbf O'Hara  was on loan  at East Fife 2yr ago when he was just settling in nicely there, came back Jan 2017 and didnt get anywhere near the first team, even after scoring a hattrick in the development league when we were on a goal drought first team, he didnt even make the bench. If Houston wasnt gonna even feature him on the bench between Jan - end of season that year, he shouldve remained at East Fife for the season.

I'd personally not bother if we got rid of both Shepherd and O'Hara but at 19 O'Hara may still have a slight chance more than Shepherd for me, we may also be protecting our interest by offering O'Hara a contract if rumours are true a few clubs are interested in him.

I did think O'Hara did ok in the sub appearances v St Mirren, his header off the bar was the first goal away and his pass albeit a worldy from Blair was the goal at home, Shepherd in the bottom league, not being an automatic first choice, in a team full of crocks, perverts and rejects and his lightweight appearances for us has him not good enough for me and being 22 in a few week suggests he has found his level as levels above the bottom tier seen Shepherd not even make the squad when previously out on loan.

That two weeks in January should have told everyone what they wanted to know about the ambitions of those holding the purse strings. They still hold those today.

Something in the back of my head remembers you suggesting Holt spent way less then the budget he was given in January, and the board did supply decent funds.

Feck sake how many chances does Shepherd need? The guys played both up front and on the right wing for the first team and done feck all apart from a couple of games when he first appeared under Holt.  He should be punted out on loan back to league 2 until his contracts up and then told cheerio.  O'Hara isn't much better but he's a t least a wee bit younger and hasn't had quite so many chances as Shepherd. I wouldn't want to have to rely on either to be honest.

Edited by Shodwall cat