The Falkirk FC Thread

21 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:
21 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Presley has himself a very nice wee gig in Paphos, Cyprus.

I'm sure I read somewhere today that he's had his contract extended by 2 years for helping them avoid relegation

What's Cypriot for we won't go down

1 hour ago, brokeville said:

Bit unfair McKee broke Connors leg whilst on loan with us whilst a Norwich player. Still playing at a higher level than FFC

Hasn't played for Mk Dons since March I think, dunno if hes injured or out of favour.

A list of players show promise, go south and come back, tho usually a better Scottish gig to what they left.

90 days until the new season, or as Duncan Ferguson would say, the sentence. 

You do realise now that we all absolutely expect and look forward to one of these EVERY DAY until the start of the new season? [emoji3]

Fills the time.

You know that empty, aching sensation? The feeling that something is missing that we all feel every close season? Is that how people who don't like football feel all the time?

1 hour ago, NewBornBairn said:

Fills the time.

You know that empty, aching sensation? The feeling that something is missing that we all feel every close season? Is that how people who don't like football feel all the time?

Even if they don’t realise it, their lives are empty.

Fills the time.

You know what makes it worse, the fact that surely, SURELY we are looking at a better season than the one we just endured. Makes me want it even more. Cannot acheive full deletion of one season (will backup the memory of 6(six)-1) until the next one starts.

You know what makes it worse, the fact that surely, SURELY we are looking at a better season than the one we just endured. Makes me want it even more. Cannot acheive full deletion of one season (will backup the memory of 6(six)-1) until the next one starts.

Anything above 8th is an improvement. As long as the players try their hardest that’ll do for me.

15 hours ago, JinkyBairn said:

Feel sorry for the pars tbh. After all the years they’ve spent in our shadow, they finally had the chance to breakaway and they shit it in the quarters. Grim doesn’t come close.

Appreciate that m8.

Hopefully you lot improve over the summer and make our games a bit more competitive.

51 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Appreciate that m8.

Hopefully you lot improve over the summer and make our games a bit more competitive.

I think the games this season have been overshadowed with other incidents though, please keep Higgy for next season though

I will take Mark Kerr bossing the midfield for 30 mins when we were down to 9 men as a measure of how good Dunfermline were

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 08:25, Back Post Misses said:

We got nothing like 1.25m for McGrandles. It was 500k. We may have got 7 figures if he hadn’t bombed at Norwich and played loads of games, played for his country and had a Christmas number one.

This clubs opportunity was wasted in the aftermath of the 14/15 season. Profit of 1.3m with cash coming out of our ears. All now frittered away

Fair point we made the play offs but were not good enough  and the results don't lie. This season the reserve players were not good enough to make the break through and Loy and Harris did not deliver. Stalwarts were not as good as they were, and going backwards. So it was a perfect storm and Hartley did well to keep us in the division. There is a lot of faith being placed on the scouting system down south, and they will have had there brief of the type of players Hartley wants so they had better deliver.  Just look what Jack Ross did at St Mirren is a similar situation. Failure is not an option !