The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, EdiBairn said:

The position of any Falkirk manager who fails to make the top 4 is going to be under threat even more so when the league is going to be weaker next season and the BoD have made a huge thing about Hartley being the man to take us up, and the closure of the academy etc

We have lost one part time team that never managed a single win all season, and could potentially lose another part time side and replaced with 2 full time sides. Falkirk have had one of the worst seasons in my 25 years following the club coupled with probably the worst Dundee utd side that has ever existed. There is no way this league can be weaker. 

Often listen to podcasts and a lot of ex players say they only have 2/3 real friends from football after leaving it so no time for Hartley to make pals right now.

Let’s get a team of b*****ds who just want to win games of football and get some noise from the stands.

Recommend any decent podcasts?

The thing is we're basically on borrowed time now. We've ditched the academy so there is no longer funds being raised from the sale of  young players we've brought in for hee haw. If we're giving the manager a competitive budget we need to balance the books somehow and without promotion i dont see how we are going to do that. My fear is that if we dont get up in the very near future we may be stuck down here for good.

The club needs investment to get up. Just like 2004.

38 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Because of his off field issues or his ability?

Off field issues I'd say. He obviously has a bit a of talent, but him and Hartley would be an explosion waiting to happen. Rather than address any issue that arises and help him through it, I could see Hartley just shunning him as we have seen with Loy. He has no time for wasters. 

Eta: next!!! 

Edited by Believe The Hype

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

The club needs investment to get up. Just like 2004.

Or a very good manager.  St Mirren managed it last season on what I would expect would be less of a budget than us certainly at the start of the season.  I can't see us having  the biggest busget in the league next season so whatever happens our manager is going to have to overachieve to get us up. Obviously the budget needs to be competitive though or Guardiola couldn't get us promoted.

15 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

I think if you have read this forum over the last few months you will see that a number of posters believe that we need to get automatic promotion due to our failure to come up via the playoffs. There’s a few already threatening not to renew STs.

I rather suspect if we finish second to fourth and don’t come up some of our fans will turn on the manager.

I hasten to add I am not in that club. I want us to come up after so many years in this division but I do understand that the extent of change that’s needed usually needs more time.

Edited to add, that Hartley can come across as a bit arrogant from time to time. That usually ends up with little sympathy from the fans when things don’t go exactly to plan....

Anyone who turns on the manager if we finish second to fourth is an imbecile whose opinion is probably best avoided, to be honest.

That said, there are a number of fans who want Hartley out because of, er, reasons, so I'm not sure why I'm surprised by what you're saying.

39 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Anyone who turns on the manager if we finish second to fourth is an imbecile whose opinion is probably best avoided, to be honest.

That said, there are a number of fans who want Hartley out because of, er, reasons, so I'm not sure why I'm surprised by what you're saying.

I always base my manager pass marks in where you come in the league based on your budget at the end of the day. I reckon we will probably end up with about the 3rd biggest budget next season depending on who comes down so 3rd place would be deemed as our baseline.  Depends then on the manager whether we overachieve and get above that target or underachieve and end up below it.  Last season was a massive underachievement having the second biggest budget as confirmed at the AGM and ending up 8th.

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

I always base my manager pass marks in where you come in the league based on your budget at the end of the day. I reckon we will probably end up with about the 3rd biggest budget next season depending on who comes down so 3rd place would be deemed as our baseline.  Depends then on the manager whether we overachieve and get above that target or underachieve and end up below it.  Last season was a massive underachievement having the second biggest budget as confirmed at the AGM and ending up 8th.

You must have really rated Houston before his last season then?

I’m bored so here is my FFC summer wish list with the type of player I want us to sign.

GK: 22-25 yo(Rogers/Hamilton)

CB: left sided McGhee

RB: Duffie 2011/12 mkII

CM: Vaulks mkII+Kerr 2015/16 mkII

ST: Hardie+unknown quantity

These guys above would be supplemented by current McGhee, Muirhead, Robson and Sibbald in a 3-4-1-2. Then for the bench and reserve league we’d have Longridge, Welsh(could be Kerr 15/16 mkII with a pre-season), Mitchell, Mutch, Dunne + left over youth players and bunch of 16-23 yo players discarded from academies across the UK.

I’m bored so here is my FFC summer wish list with the type of player I want us to sign.
GK: 22-25 yo(Rogers/Hamilton)
CB: left sided McGhee
RB: Duffie 2011/12 mkII
CM: Vaulks mkII+Kerr 2015/16 mkII
ST: Hardie+unknown quantity
These guys above would be supplemented by current McGhee, Muirhead, Robson and Sibbald in a 3-4-1-2. Then for the bench and reserve league we’d have Longridge, Welsh(could be Kerr 15/16 mkII with a pre-season), Mitchell, Mutch, Dunne + left over youth players and bunch of 16-23 yo players discarded from academies across the UK.

We couldn’t afford anything close to what Jack Hamilton is on at Hearts. Many of the Premiership clubs would struggle to pay him.

We couldn’t afford anything close to what Jack Hamilton is on at Hearts. Many of the Premiership clubs would struggle to pay him.

Good he is shit