The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Were the other players all told to stay away as well?

Of the first team players being released, Grant and Watson were playing. Thomson is the only other one, so I can only assume Hartley may have told him similar.

8 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

A small squad based on quality over quantity trying to win this league would have Lewis Kidd nowhere near it. Happy with the others though.

You've got to have back up players of a reasonable standard in any squad. If you look at our starting 11 in 2013/14- McGovern, Kingsley, Vaulks, McCracken, Duffie, Sibbald, McGrandles, Fulton, Alston, Loy, Beck. I think most people would agree that is far better in quality than what we have now yet we failed to get promoted because we had no squad depth whatsoever to cover for injuries- we started a 17 year old Scott Shepherd in the playoffs, and nothing whatsoever on the bench to change a game.

Edited by EdiBairn

21 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

You've got to have back up players of a reasonable standard in any squad. If you look at our starting 11 in 2013/14- McGovern, Kingsley, Vaulks, McCracken, Duffie, Sibbald, McGrandles, Fulton, Alston, Loy, Beck. I think most people would agree that is far better in quality than what we have now yet we failed to get promoted because we had no squad depth whatsoever to cover for injuries- we started a 17 year old Scott Shepherd in the playoffs, and nothing whatsoever on the bench to change a game.

17 isn't too young if you have the quality to back it up. Do you think you were thrown in too early? 

5 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Jeez, it’s like we have spies in every camp on hereemoji38.png

I raced past him and noticed he was with someone else. It could well have been Kidd.

Social media is good for one thing I suppose.

Kidd will stay imo.

I think he'll being seeing Kidd as back up due to his versatility. I wouldn't think he'll consider either Kidd or McKee as 1st picks though and I thought that, as McKee has a year left, that he may have tried him at wing back at some point to see if it was a position he could play. 

2 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Mr Hartley does appear to have a ruthless streak, which is fine.

As long as he understands that our support are equally ruthless when things go wrong. He doesn’t even have the fallback of a playoff spot as deemed acceptable anymore.

Here’s hoping that what looks like a significant risk of bringing in lots of unknowns works out well...

Who doesn't think a playoff spot is acceptable?

I think folk are majorly deluded if they think we're going to storm this league next season.

I'm honestly absolutely bewildered that we are supposed to be offering kidd another contract. I have 3 season tickets hinging on who we sign up for next season and if true that's a poor start. even as back up he's not the answer
If we are signing a RB and midfielders ofbthe quality we all hope, then how good do you really expect the guy on the bench to be? How much better than Kidd could you be and still be happy on a Championship bench?

If we are signing a RB and midfielders ofbthe quality we all hope, then how good do you really expect the guy on the bench to be? How much better than Kidd could you be and still be happy on a Championship bench?
I expect him to be quicker better in the air and better in the tackle than kidd. it's going to be a long season if we are relying purely on a strong first 11 and that is the expected level of the bench. I thought the whole idea of cutting the academy dev team squad etc was that we had a much stronger first 18 or so?

Who doesn't think a playoff spot is acceptable?

I think folk are majorly deluded if they think we're going to storm this league next season.

I think if you have read this forum over the last few months you will see that a number of posters believe that we need to get automatic promotion due to our failure to come up via the playoffs. There’s a few already threatening not to renew STs.

I rather suspect if we finish second to fourth and don’t come up some of our fans will turn on the manager.

I hasten to add I am not in that club. I want us to come up after so many years in this division but I do understand that the extent of change that’s needed usually needs more time.

Edited to add, that Hartley can come across as a bit arrogant from time to time. That usually ends up with little sympathy from the fans when things don’t go exactly to plan....

Mr Hartley does appear to have a ruthless streak, which is fine.
As long as he understands that our support are equally ruthless when things go wrong. He doesn’t even have the fallback of a playoff spot as deemed acceptable anymore.
Here’s hoping that what looks like a significant risk of bringing in lots of unknowns works out well...

Our support are equally ruthless? ????

We have put up with Ritchie’s band of merry men for 20 years and not said a peep.

We are a bunch of pussies

I think it's pretty safe to say that with the BoD seemingly giving Hartley major backing next season and everything being geared up for a promotion push, he'll will be gone at the end of the season if we don't go up or at the very least come close.

Edited by EdiBairn

Jesus, this player did this, Hartley did that. He was in the huff, he deserved this that and the other.

Can we just move on please? It is boring the tits off me

Jesus, this player did this, Hartley did that. He was in the huff, he deserved this that and the other.

Can we just move on please? It is boring the tits off me
Dont worry it cant be long till the next math thread pops up.....

Oh shit, thats right.

Best get some spare tits

Our support are equally ruthless? ????

We have put up with Ritchie’s band of merry men for 20 years and not said a peep.

We are a bunch of pussies

You might be, not everyone else is.
As soon as the signs are that things are not going well on the park and that supporters are threatening not to renew next season, that will be that for Hartley.
Hopefully it won’t come to that.

When Kidd was at Queens he generally played well - good engine, committed and had a good habit of making late runs into the box and scoring/ making a few goals. Defensively he was a bit lax at times but the positives far outweighed the negatives.

He was a player that divided the support - when Falkirk came in for him there was virtually no adverse reaction despite him playing a very positive part in arguably our best league season for several decades when we finished 4th under JamesFowler.

I would take him back in a heartbeat but not sure that there would be a clamour from the majority of our support. Understand you are interested in Jordan Marshall - a strange similarity - he has just delivered a very consistent set of performances probably our second automatic name on team sheet and yet many fans seem quite happy for him to go??

The phrase that springs to mind - be careful what you wish for!!!