The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Reggie Perrin said:

No surprises there, now the real work begins moving on the guys still on contract.

Indeed, that's the simpler part done. Harris and Loy are the main challenges

best wishes to Grant taiwo Watson and Thompson . all good servants and far from the worst in our squad. the main ones I'd like to see moved on are all still there, some still under contract. hopefully they will still to decide to leave.

I think our passing out from the back this year was dire with Grant being the worst culprit unfortunately and he was also pretty slow. taiwo has been injured a fair bit too and in a small squad thats a risk.

I think we were small and slow in midfield and not composed up front so much to fix.

think we need a lot, couple of bigger quicker units that like to get forward in midfield as a starter

This would suggest that Welsh, longridge, sibbs, McGhee and Robson are staying since they could easily have been freed.
Sibbs McGhee and Robson have the quality to play in a promotion side. Longridge has the quality but not the consistency. Decent squad option. Welsh is a bit of ? In terms of ability but his injury record makes me want him punted tbh.

As has been suggested tho, in the Mark Kerr role with energetic midfielders around him he may prove to be good at dictating the tempo. If we (as we all seem to think) end up going more physical and higher intensity, you do need someone who can slow it down and pull the strings.

4 players???? Is that it? Welsh, Kidd and O’Hara escape the exodus. Better be more. There were far more out of contract than them four.
As said, they weren’t the worst four but we need a chance.
Patience man. Rome wasnt torched in a day.

9 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

4 players???? Is that it? Welsh, Kidd and O’Hara escape the exodus. Better be more. There were far more out of contract than them four.
As said, they weren’t the worst four but we need a chance.

I suggest you attend 1 of the Meet a homeless tramp in the boozer events the club have organised for May and ask the man

Sibbs McGhee and Robson have the quality to play in a promotion side. Longridge has the quality but not the consistency. Decent squad option. Welsh is a bit of ? In terms of ability but his injury record makes me want him punted tbh.

As has been suggested tho, in the Mark Kerr role with energetic midfielders around him he may prove to be good at dictating the tempo. If we (as we all seem to think) end up going more physical and higher intensity, you do need someone who can slow it down and pull the strings.

I haven't seen enough of Welsh to be convinced but will just have to trust Hartley on that one, I'm happy enough with the other 4 as long as we are bringing some strength in.

23 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Very disappointed to see Taiwo leaving while Muirhead, McKee, Welsh and O'Hara remain at the club.

I think Taiwo offers more than all 4 together. 

I really like Tommy T but he really doesn't. Unfortunately passion and work rate alone doesn't win you the league. He looks more and more done every comeback he makes from injury and I feel  Welsh, if fully fit, is a far better player. There are obviously questions to be asked if he can remain fit all season but you'd have the same issue with Tom. I'd also keep Muirhead as a squad player. Hartley has made the right call on both TT and Grant for me.

Edited by wee_bairn

1 minute ago, wee_bairn said:

I really like Tommy T but he really doesn't. Unfortunately passion and work rate doesn't win you the league. He looks more and more done every comeback he makes from injury and I feel  Welsh, if fully fit, is a far better player. There are obviously questions to be asked if he can remain fit all season but you'd have the same issue with Tom. I'd also keep Muirhead as a decent squad player. Hartley has made the right call on both TT and Grant for me.

Completely agree with this, there's no room for sentiment if we're going to get out of this league. He's been a decent player for us, but he would have ended up like Kerr towards the end of his time, absolutely past it.