The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, CC52 FFC said:

I don’t get the criticism that Harris gets and the hype some of our fan base has around O’Hara. Both are equally pish. Shepherd has always been played mostly out wide fight recently when given a chance, and there’s no coincidence that when he’s now playing up front for Edinburgh City he’s scoring.
However, this is not me saying he should come back and play for us because he shouldn’t, all I’m saying is when played in his natural position I think I’d rather have Shepherd than O’Hara. If it was up to me both would be gone.

O'Hara came through our academy and looked promising when he came into the first-team squad as a 17 year old three years ago. He has undoubtedly not lived up to the hype that surrounded him at that time, his contract is up - it makes sense to wish him all the best and part ways.

On the other hand, Harris was a totally avoidable signing, and 90% of the fans on here knew he was fucking shite when it happened. We would all have held our hands up if he had proven us wrong, but he has been every bit as bad as people thought he would be when we signed him. The very embodiment of a lazy Houston signing, and the fact it was a two year deal makes it even worse.

1 minute ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

O'Hara came through our academy and looked promising when he came into the first-team squad as a 17 year old three years ago. He has undoubtedly not lived up to the hype that surrounded him at that time, his contract is up - it makes sense to wish him all the best and part ways.

On the other hand, Harris was a totally avoidable signing, and 90% of the fans on here knew he was fucking shite when it happened. We would all have held our hands up if he had proven us wrong, but he has been every bit as bad as people thought he would be when we signed him. The very embodiment of a lazy Houston signing, and the fact it was a two year deal makes it even worse.

He looked "promising" based on one good game 3 seasons ago and has done the sum total of nothing since.

He was in BTW the whole of last night for the unofficial Q&A.
I think we will be keeping more than some of us are predicting

I am not shocked at that

Realistically, I don't see anyone being kept beyond McGhee, Robson, Sibbald, Jakubiak(if we can get him back) and potentially Muirhead and Longridge since Hartley seems to like them. 

I think Blair could be a good player for us but Hartley barely played him so I can't see him wanting to come back.

Realistically, I don't see anyone being kept beyond McGhee, Robson, Sibbald, Jakubiak(if we can get him back) and potentially Muirhead and Longridge since Hartley seems to like them. 
I think Blair could be a good player for us but Hartley barely played him so I can't see him wanting to come back.

I think Welsh will still be with us

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

Shepherd will be 22 in a few weeks, if scoring for Edinburgh city is his highlight of his career at that age, it suggests that's his level.

O'Hara at 19 and turning 20 during next season still has a chance of beating Edinburgh city as his highlight of his career, don't think it will be at Falkirk. 

He was in BTW the whole of last night for the unofficial Q&A.

I think we will be keeping more than some of us are predicting

If he doesnt empty the vast majority of them their wont be many seasons getting sold as we'll basically be fecked unless hes planning on bringing in messi or ronaldo.

When the transfer window opened in Jan we were 27 points behind St Mirren.

We've ended up 27 points behind St Mirren. 

I don't think the squad will be chopped and changed quite as much as some people think

Obviously the loan guys will be away, along with some others like Taiwo, Grant etc but a lot of the ones we're not sure about will be kept imo 

10 minutes ago, MetalWolf said:

I wouldn't expect the release list for at least a week.  presumably all our players are contracted up to the end of the play off period?

They may be contracted - and paid - to the end of the playoffs but if they've been told they're not getting extensions there's nothing to stop that list being announced ASAP.