The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

O'Hara ran about a lot but had zero end product pretty much like every other game he's played. Nowhere near good enough.

He set up the goal did he not? I'd punt him too but yesterday wouldve been an ideal chance to give him a final 90 mins to emphasise that.

Dont see the fascination on kidd on here. He was shit again yesterday and if hartley cant get better in then we're in big  trouble.

Edited by Shodwall cat

9 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Id like to have seen o'hara starting today.

Not getting the sentiment from some on here regarding players that have been shit over a season, they put a decent shift in yesterday and suddenly we want to keep them or we want to give someone a chance in the last game of a season.

All it proves is they perform better when they want a move or their contract is up for renewal.

If we are serious about going up we need to lose the inconsistent performers and the emotional attachment to them.

1 minute ago, Super Tuesday said:

Not getting the sentiment from some on here regarding players that have been shit over a season, they put a decent shift in yesterday and suddenly we want to keep them or we want to give someone a chance in the last game of a season.

All it proves is they perform better when they want a move or their contract is up for renewal.

If we are serious about going up we need to lose the inconsistent performers and the emotional attachment to them.

It all depends on whether he wants to stay or not and whether the jak wants to stay. If the jak is fecking off elsewhere and ohara is keen to stay then if i was his manager i would say ok show me why you think i should keep u.  He may then just put in a performance that wins u the game or he may not. You can still punt him either way.

He shouldn't be a starter but he's still under contract and realistically won't be going anywhere without us paying it off. I'd rather see what he can do in a 3rd/4th choice role in place of O'Hara. 
Shepherd has had more chances than O'Hara ever had in a 3rd/4th choice role. If he is a relative of yours I understand your concerns but he is not and will never be good enough for us. He has found his level and that is where he should remain.

25 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:
1 hour ago, EdiBairn said:
He shouldn't be a starter but he's still under contract and realistically won't be going anywhere without us paying it off. I'd rather see what he can do in a 3rd/4th choice role in place of O'Hara. 

Shepherd has had more chances than O'Hara ever had in a 3rd/4th choice role. If he is a relative of yours I understand your concerns but he is not and will never be good enough for us. He has found his level and that is where he should remain.

He's had nowhere near as many chances as O'Hara in his proper position. I'm not a relative nor do I think he's good enough to start for us, but I do think it's ridiculous we have people desperate for O'Hara to be kept as he 'offers a threat' while a guy who's started 4 games for us gets more abuse than Alex Harris.

It seems some people have learned nothing in recent times.

Peter Houston wasnt ruthless, and allowed too many average jobbers to bloat our squad. It cost us dearly in the end as the decent players were no longer willing or able to carry said jobbers. The players conduct at points this season was deplorable, but for any fan to have not learned that we have no space in this squad for Scott Shepherd or Kevin O'Hara.... f**k me.

In a small squad, everyone needs to produce. Those two unfortunately produce the square root of f**k all and as such represent exactly what we need to replace.

He's had nowhere near as many chances as O'Hara in his proper position. I'm not a relative nor do I think he's good enough to start for us, but I do think it's ridiculous we have people desperate for O'Hara to be kept as he 'offers a threat' while a guy who's started 4 games for us gets more abuse than Alex Harris.
I don't want Shepherd or O'Hara as neither have the quality to get us out of this league.

16 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Really....Shepherd has had about 50 appearances for us, 6 starts and O'Hara with 7 starts and probably under 20 appearances.

Neither are good enough but if I had to pick one that may haunt us, it wouldn't be shepherd

2 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Really....Shepherd has had about 50 appearances for us, 6 starts and O'Hara with 7 starts and probably under 20 appearances.

Neither are good enough but if I had to pick one that may haunt us, it wouldn't be shepherd

O'Hara has had 40 appearances for Falkirk mostly up front and has never scored a goal in his career. Shepherd has had 60 appearances, mostly at right wing and scored 3 goals.

As I said, neither good enough to start for us but why anyone would keep O'Hara is beyond me.

I don’t get the criticism that Harris gets and the hype some of our fan base has around O’Hara. Both are equally pish. Shepherd has always been played mostly out wide fight recently when given a chance, and there’s no coincidence that when he’s now playing up front for Edinburgh City he’s scoring.
However, this is not me saying he should come back and play for us because he shouldn’t, all I’m saying is when played in his natural position I think I’d rather have Shepherd than O’Hara. If it was up to me both would be gone.

I don’t get the criticism that Harris gets and the hype some of our fan base has around O’Hara. Both are equally pish. Shepherd has always been played mostly out wide fight recently when given a chance, and there’s no coincidence that when he’s now playing up front for Edinburgh City he’s scoring.

However, this is not me saying he should come back and play for us because he shouldn’t, all I’m saying is when played in his natural position I think I’d rather have Shepherd than O’Hara. If it was up to me both would be gone.

I agree in that I would have none of the 3 you have mentioned. If we want out this league and the rumours that Hartley want's a smaller squad there is no room for any of them.

As Bairnardo said, no room for passengers or jobbers next season.

2 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

O'Hara has had 40 appearances for Falkirk mostly up front and has never scored a goal in his career. Shepherd has had 60 appearances, mostly at right wing and scored 3 goals.

As I said, neither good enough to start for us but why anyone would keep O'Hara is beyond me.

Neither are good enough for falkirk fc full stop never mind starting. Next time i see either of them they better be asking me if  I want fries with that and not wearing the navy blue.

Edited by Shodwall cat

2 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

Shepherd will be 22 in a few weeks, if scoring for Edinburgh city is his highlight of his career at that age, it suggests that's his level.

O'Hara at 19 and turning 20 during next season still has a chance of beating Edinburgh city as his highlight of his career, don't think it will be at Falkirk. 

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

We will all find out soon enough. He is going to Elliot’s on the 10th of May the night after BTW to do a Q&A

He was in BTW the whole of last night for the unofficial Q&A.

I think we will be keeping more than some of us are predicting