The Falkirk FC Thread

I'll probably get slated for this, but I thought Welsh had a much better game today and didn't look to be blowing out his ass after 30 minutes.  I'd be curious what he could do if properly fit, seemed to be much more physical today than I've seen him.

I'll probably get slated for this, but I thought Welsh had a much better game today and didn't look to be blowing out his ass after 30 minutes.  I'd be curious what he could do if properly fit, seemed to be much more physical today than I've seen him.
I don't think he's as bad as made out on here and have seen something in him however I'm just worried about taking risks on maybes next year we need a step up

I'd keep 
Mitchell 
Mcghee
Kidd
Taiwo
Sibbald
Jakubiak 
Shepherd

Apart from that, I'd be releasing the rest of the squad. 

I think a lot of folks will be thinking harder about season tickets next year and who we keep might influence some. I'll miss a few games and might pay per game next season however if we make decent signings early it might make me buy our 3 seasons again even if it doesn't make financial sense.

the thought of doing this with the likes of kidd and shepherd though and I probably won't.

6 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

Kidd has to go. Nowhere near good enough to be in a team that wants to win the league or promotion. O’Hara (don’t get the hype around him with some folk), Shepherd, Harris and Loy swiftly behind.

Id like to have seen o'hara starting today. Thought he did ok when he came on and it mightve been a chance for him to give hartley something to think about.  Welsh needs a physical runner alongside him a will vaulks type to do all the chasing and let him play. No point having him in with the likes of sibbald and mckee.

Id like to have seen o'hara starting today. Thought he did ok when he came on and it mightve been a chance for him to give hartley something to think about.  Welsh needs a physical runner alongside him a will vaulks type to do all the chasing and let him play. No point having him in with the likes of sibbald and mckee.

I agree re Welsh. Thought he came onto a game today after starting pretty slow. Still think he’ll go but wonder what he would be like if he stayed injury free and with a full pre-season under him.

If we’re going to make wholesale changes we need to get the business done relatively quick.

I’d keep(if possible)

Mitchell
Mutch

Muirhead
McGhee
Grant
Robson

Sibbald
Taiwo
Longridge

Jak
Nelson

The rest should go, I think we want to keep a basic skeleton. I’d be expecting ten new signings hopefully before start of June.

If we’re going to make wholesale changes we need to get the business done relatively quick.

I’d keep(if possible)

Mitchell
Mutch

Muirhead
McGhee
Grant
Robson

Sibbald
Taiwo
Longridge

Jak
Nelson

The rest should go, I think we want to keep a basic skeleton. I’d be expecting ten new signings hopefully before start of June.

At least 4 of them won’t be here next season.

21 minutes ago, BudBairn said:

I’d keep(if possible)

Mitchell
Mutch

Muirhead
McGhee
Grant
Robson

Sibbald
Taiwo
Longridge

Jak
Nelson

Basic skeleton? Loy will defo have to go then. Grants finished and needs to be moved on. Tommy T is too much of an injury risk unfortunately and id probably wait to see who else is available next season before id even sign up the jak or nelson. Not sure theyd get us enough goals to win the league and that has to be the only priority if we're giving hartley decent finances next season. Longridge is a decent backup but nowt more so it depends on how much cash hes on as to whether id give him a slot.

Jakubiak, Nelson and Longridge could give us 40 goals between them over a full season I'm sure. I like them as a three, they all offer something different and I'd be happy to keep them all with another striker brought in who is maybe more of a penalty box player. I don't see us keeping either of Jakubiak or Nelson though. 

Going by Nelsons twitter etc he’s not coming back probably has a role at Sunderland now but if they stayed up never know.

Time for Grant and Taiwo to move on, over 100 games in the league for both of them over 4 seasons but it’s a shame to see Grant a shadow of the player before his injury and as much as i love Sir Tom he could probably get a league 1/2 gig at double the wage no issues at all.

9 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

:lol:

He shouldn't be a starter but he's still under contract and realistically won't be going anywhere without us paying it off. I'd rather see what he can do in a 3rd/4th choice role in place of O'Hara. 

3 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Going by Nelsons twitter etc he’s not coming back probably has a role at Sunderland now but if they stayed up never know.

Time for Grant and Taiwo to move on, over 100 games in the league for both of them over 4 seasons but it’s a shame to see Grant a shadow of the player before his injury and as much as i love Sir Tom he could probably get a league 1/2 gig at double the wage no issues at all.

I reckon it'll be conf at best for tom next season.  Take away his hat trick against united and longridge only has 4 goals. Jak has 5 against mainly the shit teams and nelson has 4 but should have a lot more considering the sitters hes missed. Bit too much of a gamble for me to think that 3 are going to shoot us to glory next season and with a rumoured first team quad of only 18 can we really afford to have 4 strikers on our books? We need a lyle taylor level of scoring from our strikers next season if we are to win the league. Playoffs  arent going to be good enough.

9 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

O'Hara ran about a lot but had zero end product pretty much like every other game he's played. Nowhere near good enough.