The Falkirk FC Thread

33 minutes ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

I think he will keep him as well. With a pre season under his belt could be a different player.

Needs a decent runner alongside him to bring the best out of him if you ask me. Just like vaulks did with mark kerr.

I wouldn't be surprised if Taiwo goes to a bottom 6 premiership club/ league 1 in England. Been probably our most consistent player over 4 seasons and I think he's massively underrated by our support. Yes, he doesn't offer much going forward but that's not his role and there's very few better at what he's in the team to do IMO. While his passing isn't Iniesta-esque, it's also nowhere near as bad as some make out.

Edited by EdiBairn

11 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Whilst I am supportive of significant change I really hope that Hartley keeps a few more than two players.
To build a successful team, you need a decent ‘spine’. So you need to keep players you can rely on and build around them.
Sibbald, Nelson, Robson, and maybe even Muirhead would form a decent spine in my eyes. Jak if we could get him. Longridge if he could be more consistent. Build around them, evaluate at Christmas and make further changes then by all means, but bringing in eleven new players who know nothing of each other and have little by the way of team spirit would probably not work, certainly not in the early part of the season.

Fair point you make, but it depends on who we can get in the closed season, in other words are they better players than what we are thinking of keeping.  With a change of style, players we might be thinking certain to stay might not fit into the system and tactics. One thing is for sure we are in for an interesting few weeks. 

10 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Aye but is he not made of absolute glass?

He was permanently injured at Thistle.

Possibly. Personally I wouldn't keep him especially if we are going with a smaller squad, we can;'t afford to have any injury prone players. I think Taiwo would have been kept on if he wasn't so injury prone. 

1 hour ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

I think he will keep him as well. With a pre season under his belt could be a different player.

One fancy flick in all his games shouldn't be enough to keep him here.

He's probably another player who looks good in training. I'd rather keep Taiwo than him, Id rather keep Kidd than him.

If it wasn't for shepherd and Harris he'd be bottom of who I'd want to keep list.

Far too early to judge anything until we know what Hartley is bringing in. I remember everyone saying WTF did we keep Sam McGivern, in cake Stainrod and the rest is history.