The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

In my prime at 32 (thirty two) years of age.

Paul Hartley is my HBK emoji7.png

Imagine our new side running out to HBK’s intro music for the first game of the season. Showtime. 

Edited by wee_bairn

I preferred sibbald when he first came into the side.  Seemed to have far more energy and buzzed all over the pitch and had a bit more pace over the first few yards. That was his game and i really didnt see the need for him to bulk up. Other players should be doing the physical stuff to let guys with his ability play. To me whilst hes played well in parts this season hes still not the player that we had a few seasons  back.  

I think he is a much more complete player now. He is surrounded by shite at the moment

It should be remembered that he was a young lad when he first broke into the team and still had a fair bit of natural growth to come.

Guranteed there would be moans if sibbs stayed the scrawny wee kid he was 5 years ago. Players need to be more athletic all over the park nowadays. Some people are stuck in the old days of big lumpy centre halves, wee Maradonas and big Duncan Fergusons. This is not the case for the best teams out there now. Especially if you are a flair player in the middle of the park who would be targeted by your 'hatchet man' type. Strength is an evident and important part of Sibbalds game which he has noticeably improved on this season, by bulking up and getting stuck in. 

One day, when I have more time on my hands, possibly years from now, I will learn how to make a gif with Paul Hartleys head on Shawn Michaels body, superkicking the piss out of Alex Harris. On that day, I will return to this thread.

13 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

I preferred sibbald when he first came into the side.  Seemed to have far more energy and buzzed all over the pitch and had a bit more pace over the first few yards. That was his game and i really didnt see the need for him to bulk up. Other players should be doing the physical stuff to let guys with his ability play. To me whilst hes played well in parts this season hes still not the player that we had a few seasons  back.  

He's clearly much better now than he used to be. He's just playing in a poorer side.

34 minutes ago, Gaz said:

He's clearly much better now than he used to be. He's just playing in a poorer side.

There was  a lot more interest in him when he first came into the side than now. If hed improved as much as everyone seems to think he wouldnt still be here .  The fact that noone is willing to pay a couple of 100k for him would say to me that isnt the case. Hes improved some areas of his game but other areas have regressed if u ask me. When he first came into the side he was also surrounded by shite.

When shepherd and o'hara first appeared on the scene they both had electric pace but that has gone for both of them. Something has caused this whether its bulking up or something else. They were both certainly far better when they could burn defenders for fun than they are now.

Edited by Shodwall cat

A testimony to how bad this season has been when the main talking point on this thread over the last day or two has been cantered on whether bulking up slows a player down. God this has been an awful season, I know the older generation amongst us have been through worse but for the young team this must be up there? 

4 minutes ago, Stuperman01 said:

A testimony to how bad this season has been when the main talking point on this thread over the last day or two has been cantered on whether bulking up slows a player down. God this has been an awful season, I know the older generation amongst us have been through worse but for the young team this must be up there? 

Sorry to break it to you mate but when the season finishes, which effectively it has, this is always the kind of chat on here whether we have went all season with only 4 defeats, or finished 8th. Its the Falkirk way. 

17 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Sorry to break it to you mate but when the season finishes, which effectively it has, this is always the kind of chat on here whether we have went all season with only 4 defeats, or finished 8th. Its the Falkirk way. 

I thought we had a game tomorrow?