The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, martin ritchie said:

I've heard that o'hara even if offered a contract won't be taking it, he's leaving and has interest from 3 other clubs one of which is Partick thistle

No great loss. Hasn't really kicked on. Expected more from him when he came back from East Fife. Move could be best all round. Not sure he's good enough for upper championship level never mind prem.  

Must admit that I think this part time stuff is a load of keich, regardless of which set of fans spout it.
Most of us Falkirk fans think Jakubiak is a cracking player.
I doubt that any of us care that of his seven goals, five were scored against part time sides. (2 Brechin, 2 Cove, 1 Dumbarton) The other 2 were against Morton and Livvy.

You may say keich, I would say shite

Can someone put the player's ratings up so I can see exactly what "level" each player is best at. You learn a lot on this forum, I had no idea there was such a huge gap between players and teams such that there is a upper, middle and lower level championship players! Goals against part time teams are somehow less valid, makes you wonder how Dumbarton have got any results over the last few seasons...

4 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Hate to be a pedant but Clark was out for about 6 or 7 weeks through August and September after an ankle operation. In recent weeks he has scored a hattrick against Queens and scored in draws at ICT and Dundee United (and opened the scoring in a defeat to St Mirren when we were in our New Year slump). 8 goals in our last 7 league games is decent going. You guys drew at Brechin earlier in the season - Nicky Clark scored a hattrick in our last visit there. Having a striker who can bury part timers might have come in handy for you guys? 

Missed three league games late July to August and judging a Brechin team that nearly took points of the champions pre January to the Brechin team that threw the towel in post January and when you played them were relegated is just silly.

Maybe he should get a trophy for scoring a hattrick for scoring against a relegated win-less team

3 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Must admit that I think this part time stuff is a load of keich, regardless of which set of fans spout it.

Most of us Falkirk fans think Jakubiak is a cracking player.

I doubt that any of us care that of his seven goals, five were scored against part time sides. (2 Brechin, 2 Cove, 1 Dumbarton) The other 2 were against Morton and Livvy.

Clark tho is a poacher, he doesnt have the skill or pace that Jak, the goal set up v St Mirren was all down to him and has been turning centre halves inside out with skill and strength

6 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Can someone put the player's ratings up so I can see exactly what "level" each player is best at. You learn a lot on this forum, I had no idea there was such a huge gap between players and teams such that there is a upper, middle and lower level championship players! Goals against part time teams are somehow less valid, makes you wonder how Dumbarton have got any results over the last few seasons...

Dumbarton a few years ago had decent players that were available on the part time circuit and a few decent loans, goals against part time teams are not less valid just are a show of your ability if all you can do is score against is part time. The Dumbarton of old and even the Alloa under Hartley had briefly closed the gap but its as wide as it was again, one look at the league table shows it is and ditto the third tier

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Huh uh. 

Not nearly as simple as that no. 

Partick got promoted with Craigan, in his appearances with us Aird has proven to be a very good winger for this level.  It's easily conceivable that both players could play in a title winning side. 

There's an abundance of things that add up to a title winning side. 

He scored 2 goals in 19 appearances for partick when they won the champ which suggests he wasnt crucial to their success.  

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

He scored 2 goals in 19 appearances for partick when they won the champ which suggests he wasnt crucial to their success.  

He scored the most important goal for them that season. 

He's not going to be the main man, however he has played in a side that won the title at this very level, as such to say you can't win a title with Craigen, is utter nonsense. 

Jack currently isn't as good a striker as Clark, he may have potential but it's going to take allot more game time for that to come to fruition. 

7 hours ago, BountyBairn said:

Fifer doesn’t get it shocker :blink:

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

He scored the most important goal for them that season. 

He's not going to be the main man, however he has played in a side that won the title at this very level, as such to say you can't win a title with Craigen, is utter nonsense. 

Jack currently isn't as good a striker as Clark, he may have potential but it's going to take allot more game time for that to come to fruition. 

Can you comment on this please?

11 hours ago, Rugster said:

Found out yesterday Houstie's now running an "executive travel company". Code for being a taxi driver. One review of his company said "Driven to the airport by a LEGEND", another said "Our driver Peter was so polite and friendly".

Just thought that was interesting.

Bet the travel company only covers the central belt of Scotland, despite good opportunities to travel down south and continually drones on about bigger private hire companies stopping his success.

4 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Just sounds like you're overrating Jakubiak tbh.

In fairness he definitely has potential but still looked raw in the couple of times I saw him.

You probably saw him when your defenders were allowed to play wrestling matches with him. He's not the biggest player around, so when defenders are permitted to enfold him in bear hugs he's never going to look good. His close control, finishing and knack for being in the right place at the right time are why we rate him. I don't know where his career will ultimately take him but it'll be at a much higher level than the Scottish Championship.

6 hours ago, MrDust said:

League 1 superstar, championship nearly man

Talking about the second top scorer in the championship this year, amazing. 

Same bloke probably rates Nelson, Jakubiak and Longridge. 

5 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

You probably saw him when your defenders were allowed to play wrestling matches with him. He's not the biggest player around, so when defenders are permitted to enfold him in bear hugs he's never going to look good. His close control, finishing and knack for being in the right place at the right time are why we rate him. I don't know where his career will ultimately take him but it'll be at a much higher level than the Scottish Championship.

^^^still in the huff

18 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Talking about the second top scorer in the championship this year, amazing. 

Same bloke probably rates Nelson, Jakubiak and Longridge. 

The roll call of the top scorers this season is as poor as its been for years, a 35 yr old who may finish 7th in the league topping the list, a midfielder and a striker on the slide who is up there with Clarks record last season scoring 50% of his goals v part timers and Clark. Morgan apart all the mentioned players will either still be championship and one might retire, well go to Australia (same thing)

Boy the fifers are easily pleased

1 minute ago, MrDust said:

The roll call of the top scorers this season is as poor as its been for years, a 35 yr old who may finish 7th in the league topping the list, a midfielder and a striker on the slide who is up there with Clarks record last season scoring 50% of his goals v part timers and Clark. Morgan apart all the mentioned players will either still be championship and one might retire, well go to Australia (same thing)

"Championship nearly man" 

Oaft. 

5 minutes ago, MrDust said:

There there. Hush now. A few more days and the season will be over.

Just seen a Facebook poll by Edinburgh City for their player of the year; Scott Shepherd is getting a lot of votes from their fans. I heard from one of our players recently that he's doing really well there. He still has another year on his Falkirk contract so will be interesting to see what happens with him next season.

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Definitely a poor man's Lee Miller

Just seen a Facebook poll by Edinburgh City for their player of the year; Scott Shepherd is getting a lot of votes from their fans. I heard from one of our players recently that he's doing really well there. He still has another year on his Falkirk contract so will be interesting to see what happens with him next season.

Bet he couldn’t sign that 2 year contract quick enough last year.

Horrendous piece of business from Houston and let’s just hope we don’t have to see him in a Falkirk too again.

Alex Harris - Juniors

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Shepherd has proven that he can score goals when played in his proper position for the under 20s and now Edinburgh City. For some reason our fans have written him off based on a few 5 minute sub appearances at right wing.

O'Hara has had multiple starts and sub appearances upfront over 3 seasons yet has never scored a goal in his career, and hardly touches the ball when he's on the pitch except to give it away. Our fans act as if he's the next Messi.

Edited by EdiBairn