The Falkirk FC Thread

21 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

No our remit is to win the league next season and nothing less. This season was a disaster not because of the players we let go of but because of the players we brought in. Whilst anything from 7th upwards would be an improvement anything less than 1st and promotion shouldnt be seen as acceptable if we're to move forward as a club. Dunfermline might be happy with 4th  but we certainly shouldnt be even though weve been brutal this season. At the end of the day whether weve come 8th or 4th we'll both be in the same league next season and back on zero points again.

This ^

We’ve placed 2nd, 3rd and 4th in the legaue since playoffs introduced. Got to the play off final once. There’s still only been one team to go up via playoffs thanks to the worst Hibs team in history. All the evidence is there to see that if you want out this league you need to win it outright. So you pars guys keep ‘aiming for playoffs’ and we’ll aim to smash the shit out of anything that stands in our way on the way to the title :lol:

And NO this seasons playoffs will not change the valve in the slightest.

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

He hasn't though, he'd quite easily enhance every team in this division. 

If he was to leave us and join another championship/Premiership team it would have nothing to do with his league 1 season, it would have absolutely everything to do with being one of the top scorers over the past two seasons in the championship. 

Who would want him ?

Teams in this league perhaps, risky strategy if so as there should be less or no part time teams next season, I like my strikers scoring against the best opposition and not waiting till December till he does.

League 1 superstar, championship nearly man

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

It’s extreme short sightedness from both clubs and fans alike to pine over Scottish jobbers with half the SPFL on their cv. 

A lot of clubs up here sign players purely based on the fact that they’ve heard of them and once scored against them 7 years ago or something. 

England is a fucking goldmine for Scottish Premiership and  Championship clubs. Boys in League 2 and the Conference are miles better than the likes of Goodwillie and Shankland, and will want the same or less money. 

Absolute no brainer to look down south.

The career path of a high percentage of these players found in England is quite alarming the success rate when they go back to England. The majority end up back in Scotland again after failing, still it gives our clubs the chance to make money on them and raise the position and profile of the club.

The Houston way of signing players, I see is very much in the current Levien school of transfers, tho he adds in a few foreign European players. I feel if we had went up under Houston, the signing policy wouldn't have changed which is foolish with big world out there outside who Hibs, Hearts etc have released

My English club Tranmere currently in the conference made about 14 changes to last nights team, having already achieved 2nd, so its scary what clubs down south are carrying in player numbers, time will tell what we pick up but I'm more excited in delving more down south for players than journeymen or one club players who have had a good season in the last 3-4 yr up here.

I've heard that o'hara even if offered a contract won't be taking it, he's leaving and has interest from 3 other clubs one of which is Partick thistle
I had high hopes for him after he burst onto the scene that rangers game at home, however I don't think he has scored one goal for the first team yet??

7 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Aye you keep talking about titles next season then, for all the good it'll do.

If u want promotion its the only way to go. Coming 2nd twice did hee haw for us. Winning the league has to be the only priority at the start of next season.  

6 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Who would want him ?

Teams in this league perhaps, risky strategy if so as there should be less or no part time teams next season, I like my strikers scoring against the best opposition and not waiting till December till he does.

League 1 superstar, championship nearly man

Hate to be a pedant but Clark was out for about 6 or 7 weeks through August and September after an ankle operation. In recent weeks he has scored a hattrick against Queens and scored in draws at ICT and Dundee United (and opened the scoring in a defeat to St Mirren when we were in our New Year slump). 8 goals in our last 7 league games is decent going. You guys drew at Brechin earlier in the season - Nicky Clark scored a hattrick in our last visit there. Having a striker who can bury part timers might have come in handy for you guys? 

11 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Hate to be a pedant but Clark was out for about 6 or 7 weeks through August and September after an ankle operation. In recent weeks he has scored a hattrick against Queens and scored in draws at ICT and Dundee United (and opened the scoring in a defeat to St Mirren when we were in our New Year slump). 8 goals in our last 7 league games is decent going. You guys drew at Brechin earlier in the season - Nicky Clark scored a hattrick in our last visit there. Having a striker who can bury part timers might have come in handy for you guys? 

He's not a bad player but if we want to challenge next season then we need better.

To be fair I'd have said the exact same about Gavin Reilly so what do I know :lol:

7 minutes ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

He's not a bad player but if we want to challenge next season then we need better.

To be fair I'd have said the exact same about Gavin Reilly so what do I know :lol:

29 goals from 60 games from Clark for us in The Championship. Compares favourably to Reilly's 1 goal for us (though it was against Hibs). 

Aye you keep talking about titles next season then, for all the good it'll do.
Why wouldnt we? Have you learned nothing from St Mirrens last 2 seasons?

You should be looking at the title too, but pishy patter aside, you should be looking for better than Airds, Craigens etc.

Thats what we are doing because as has been said already, jobbers might get you into the playoffa but you wont win them. We are saying these things from experience.

3 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

He's scored seven league goals this season against non part time sides. Falkirk can do miles better.

Must admit that I think this part time stuff is a load of keich, regardless of which set of fans spout it.

Most of us Falkirk fans think Jakubiak is a cracking player.

I doubt that any of us care that of his seven goals, five were scored against part time sides. (2 Brechin, 2 Cove, 1 Dumbarton) The other 2 were against Morton and Livvy.

Why wouldnt we? Have you learned nothing from St Mirrens last 2 seasons?

You should be looking at the title too, but pishy patter aside, you should be looking for better than Airds, Craigens etc.

Thats what we are doing because as has been said already, jobbers might get you into the playoffa but you wont win them. We are saying these things from experience.

We wanted improvement this season. Barring a big misfortune in our last game, we'll have managed that.
Whatever happens, we'll demand improvement next season. Whether that's with Aird and Craigen I've no idea. I'd imagine Aird will be away actually, if Cardle is staying.

31 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

We wanted improvement this season. Barring a big misfortune in our last game, we'll have managed that.
Whatever happens, we'll demand improvement next season. Whether that's with Aird and Craigen I've no idea. I'd imagine Aird will be away actually, if Cardle is staying.

If u want promotion then u like us need better than them its as simple as that. 

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Must admit that I think this part time stuff is a load of keich, regardless of which set of fans spout it.

Most of us Falkirk fans think Jakubiak is a cracking player.

I doubt that any of us care that of his seven goals, five were scored against part time sides. (2 Brechin, 2 Cove, 1 Dumbarton) The other 2 were against Morton and Livvy.

Just sounds like you're overrating Jakubiak tbh.

In fairness he definitely has potential but still looked raw in the couple of times I saw him.

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

If u want promotion its the only way to go. Coming 2nd twice did hee haw for us. Winning the league has to be the only priority at the start of next season.  

Huh uh. 

10 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

If u want promotion then u like us need better than them its as simple as that. 

Not nearly as simple as that no. 

Partick got promoted with Craigan, in his appearances with us Aird has proven to be a very good winger for this level.  It's easily conceivable that both players could play in a title winning side. 

There's an abundance of things that add up to a title winning side.