The Falkirk FC Thread

Give it a rest. You're looking for a problem that doesn't exist. 

You may well be right, you may well be wrong. However the very matter there is some doubt surely is something we could do without.

As the Dundee fan said it all seems pointless.

Why we create a debate when we have had almost universal praise three days prior is beyond me

Having looked at the map, it could well have been. It was somewhere in the vicinity of Wallace Street anyway. I think the flat owner was one of the Steels.

It was king street, well the one I was at was

Wait, do people actually think Arfield singing that song 2 years ago on the Burnley team bus after they'd won the Championship is an indication of Rangers leanings? F*** me :lol:

ETA:  I saw a Rangers fan jokingly Tweet the video with a caption along the lines of 'he's one of our own' and, such is the level of 'journalism' in this country, the Daily Record have run it as a story.

Edited by lanky_ffc

Going by some previous logic shown,  I think we should sign both Shankland and Trouten. Would make us an absolute stick on for the title, they've already had a shot at the higher levels of Scottish football that didn't work out but they're both scoring goals for fun this season. Well worth the punt IMO.

Would bring us the 40 goal partnership that Hartley is said to be looking for.  A grand total of 46 actually.

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

You may well be right, you may well be wrong. However the very matter there is some doubt surely is something we could do without.

As the Dundee fan said it all seems pointless.

Why we create a debate when we have had almost universal praise three days prior is beyond me

I'm speculating here, but I suspect the CEO didn't consider the implications for the manager before including that line. If PH was annoyed, then words will have been said privately and it won't happen again.

I can think of a few instances over the years where our managers have been irked by public statements made by board members or other staff.

56 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

When someone scores 30+ goals in a league it ultimately shows they deserve the chance in the league above. If we sign better, then great.

Not always. Kenny Deuchar and Jordan White were prolific at a lower level. They were honking for us.

You could arguably make a similar case about Nathan Austin too.  

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Having looked at the map, it could well have been. It was somewhere in the vicinity of Wallace Street anyway. I think the flat owner was one of the Steels.

The very one, I couldnt tell you who was there tho.....

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Not always. Kenny Deuchar and Jordan White were prolific at a lower level. They were honking for us.

You could arguably make a similar case about Nathan Austin too.  

I think Kenny was done when he came to us, didnt he have a knee injury pre, needed a certain style of football for him too. His 2nd debut reminded me of Chris McCart playing for us and that wasnt a pretty sight.

Part of the above could be aimed at Jordan White too but I think we gave him the tools to better himself and it paid off a bit later at Livvy where I actually thought he had a few decent games against us on the left which was night and day to what the performances he had with us.

I would say the general tho is that he step up from scoring 20-30 goals in the bottom two tiers is a massive gap from our league, I still consider McManus, Shankland and Clark top league one strikers but have struggled in the championship for goals, all of them scored in the 20+ bracket in league 1, you can add the striker Dunfermline signed for £s from Airdrie.

I'm speculating here, but I suspect the CEO didn't consider the implications for the manager before including that line. If PH was annoyed, then words will have been said privately and it won't happen again.
I can think of a few instances over the years where our managers have been irked by public statements made by board members or other staff.

Probably - but they need to get their acts together.

All it has done is made those who won’t automatically renew ST’s sit and wait and see who Hartley brings in before making their minds up.

Andy Ryan. Did nowt of note at Accies. Went to Airdrie did well. Went to Dunfermline can't get much of a look in. There's a reason guys like him, Shankland, Trouten do well in lower leagues it's their level.  Only forward of note over recent seasons you do wonder could have made the step up would have been Rory Macallister. But he has a great job outside football and by his own admission didnt want to go full time. There are very few in our lower leagues make it to top level of our leagues or better.  Pittman at Livi looks a player and he came from junior football so he is an obvious exception then you have likes of Andy Robertson who started at Queens Park. That said i disagree that Nicky Clark has struggled for goals. He's proved he's a capable championship striker. 

23 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Andy Ryan. Did nowt of note at Accies. Went to Airdrie did well. Went to Dunfermline can't get much of a look in. There's a reason guys like him, Shankland, Trouten do well in lower leagues it's their level.  Only forward of note over recent seasons you do wonder could have made the step up would have been Rory Macallister. But he has a great job outside football and by his own admission didnt want to go full time. There are very few in our lower leagues make it to top level of our leagues or better.  Pittman at Livi looks a player and he came from junior football so he is an obvious exception then you have likes of Andy Robertson who started at Queens Park. That said i disagree that Nicky Clark has struggled for goals. He's proved he's a capable championship striker. 

Id bet 70% or so of Clarks goals have come against part time opposition, they all count obviously but he is an upgrade on Bob McHugh

18 league goals for Clark i think so far. Hartley wants a 40 goal strike partnership next season. I think most of us would take a strike pairing hitting 15-20 each. More pressing issue is keeping the back door shut. I would put that down as a bigger priority.  And goalkeeper. 

On 4/23/2018 at 09:45, Back Post Misses said:

My all time favourite result as a Bairn. When you look at the Celtic squad and look at ours it was utterly unbelievable we beat them, not just in a one off game but to beat them in a replay was incredible.

The last twenty minutes I sat looking at the ground when they were attacking you just expected to hear that big roar at some point.

The lung bursting run by Crunchie with about 5 minutes to go will live long in the memory. The full length of the pitch on a glue pot pitch with Celtic international players not able to get close. Amazing!

After the game and when Elliot’s closed we went back to a mates house to watch the highlights. I remember looking around the room and thinking I don’t know half the punters that were there - it was rammed. A night that will never be forgotten.

I've watched football for about 100 years or so and obviously know how long a game lasts, yet when I looked at the clock at 85 minutes for some reason I thought there was still 15 minutes left. I nearly shit myself when it clicked round to 90 and I realised my mistake! 

5 hours ago, MrDust said:

McManus, Shankland and Clark top league one strikers but have struggled in the championship for goals, 

4 hours ago, MrDust said:

Id bet 70% or so of Clarks goals have come against part time opposition, they all count obviously but he is an upgrade on Bob McHugh

Clark, the second top scorer in the championship this season, who has to date scored only one less in the league this than Stephen Dobbie? The one who also scored 15 league goals last season?  Not bad for a bloke who played in midfield for a chunk. 

If he's struggling I'd genuinely be interested in what you'd say about every other striker in the league. 

Out of Clarks 14 league goals, 6 of them have came against part time sides. 

4 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Andy Ryan. Did nowt of note at Accies. Went to Airdrie did well. Went to Dunfermline can't get much of a look in. 

Due to the previously mentioned Nicky Clark.