The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Believe The Hype said:

It will be because its not millions. He wont have a massive war chest and won't want to be seen buying players of a standard you would question if he had a massive budget. Does not mean it is not the biggest we have had though. 

It still doesnt look good for the club when you get the CEO stating one thing one minute and then the manager disagreeing with him the next and saying he's basically got carried away with things.  It's confusing and embarrassing for the club.

8 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

It still doesnt look good for the club when you get the CEO stating one thing one minute and then the manager disagreeing with him the next and saying he's basically got carried away with things.  It's confusing and embarrassing for the club.

Get a grip.

Think Hartleys just trying to take some pressure off himself with the chat regarding budgets.

Nobody needs to be lying, it might be the biggest budget signed off since we’ve been in the championship, but that doesn’t mean it’s not of a similar size to last years budget.

Bit bizarre that your board have said they've signed off on the biggest budget. Good to boost the fans but increases pressure unnecessarily on the manager tenfold and will be the first thing agents mention when you're in negotiations with any old average player.

Bit of a mistake by your board IMO. Hartley trying to reign it in a little bit but in turn looks like he's having a pop at the board.

All seems a bit unnecessary.

20 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Think Hartleys just trying to take some pressure off himself with the chat regarding budgets.

Nobody needs to be lying, it might be the biggest budget signed off since we’ve been in the championship, but that doesn’t mean it’s not of a similar size to last years budget.

I agree just a bit of communication between bod and manager wouldve prevented us from looking a bit silly.

I know most of our signings will come from England but in terms of strikers I would love to see us replace Loy with Hardie (providing Livingston don’t go up) and Shankland. Also keeping Jak.

Would be decent options for us and all would be more than capable of getting double figures each.

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Give it a rest. You're looking for a problem that doesn't exist. 

I've just been asked to see if I can source a Fergus fox keyring for someone who's kids one has bit the dust.

The shop don't sell them anymore, is there a chance one of you mental cases have a box of them in the attic? One of the wee rubber ones I think.

My two cents on transfers, I don't think we will see anyone signed from other championship clubs as Hartley will be looking further afield and that kind of recruitment was ultimately a large part of Houston's downfall.

45 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

I know most of our signings will come from England but in terms of strikers I would love to see us replace Loy with Hardie (providing Livingston don’t go up) and Shankland. Also keeping Jak.

Would be decent options for us and all would be more than capable of getting double figures each.

Shanklands a league 1 striker at best.

When someone scores 30+ goals in a league it ultimately shows they deserve the chance in the league above. If we sign better, then great.

He’s got 18 league goals in a terrible league 1.

4 goals in 32 championship games last season.

No fucking thanks.

3 hours ago, MrDust said:

King St ?

If so I was there too, neighbour upstairs a Celtic fan, 20-30 of us sing specially for him and watching the highlights on TV twice.

I never made work day after, my manager was a Celtic fan and was glad and understood 

Having looked at the map, it could well have been. It was somewhere in the vicinity of Wallace Street anyway. I think the flat owner was one of the Steels.