The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

Does anyone on here who had a season ticket last season not plan to renew this season?
It’s been a terrible season but we know we will have pretty much a new team next season under Hartley, so it’s a season that could go to either extreme.
I would expect that most of our ST holders will be up for that.

Its no the diehards on here that you need to worry about its the relatively knew season ticket holders. There were a number i spoke to after the pars game who are thinking about not bothering next season. People dont like being told its our time and then having to watch a side fight relegation for most of the season.  Fans are beginning to get scunnered with the boards inability to produce a side on the park that is good enough to go up especially when this season was the best chance in years.

Its no the diehards on here that you need to worry about its the relatively knew season ticket holders. There were a number i spoke to after the pars game who are thinking about not bothering next season. People dont like being told its our time and then having to watch a side fight relegation for most of the season.  Fans are beginning to get scunnered with the boards inability to produce a side on the park that is good enough to go up especially when this season was the best chance in years.
Nae offence here, but I am prepared to bet that the "number" wasnt very big.

After a defeat to the Pars you feel always scunnered for a few days and feel like you’ve had enough. That is, until the next game comes around...
I’d hope most can see what Hartley is trying to do, right or wrong, so would be engaged enough to renew.

Time will tell but i'll be amazed if season ticket sales dont take a hit after this season. The other disappointing thing is that unlike jack ross last season hartley hasnt managed to bring in anyone you can really see being the backbone of our side next season.  Ross brought in the likes of mcginn and davis that he could form his team for this year around. We're going to be starting from scratch it would appear again.

Edited by Shodwall cat

Oh and I'll tell you another thing: will I f**k be renewing next season. I'll go to a few games, but that's it. I only make between 8-10 a year anyway and I think some "tough choices" will have to be made, so I'm afraid FFC have had enough chances from me for a while.

Does anyone on here who had a season ticket last season not plan to renew this season?
It’s been a terrible season but we know we will have pretty much a new team next season under Hartley, so it’s a season that could go to either extreme.
I would expect that most of our ST holders will be up for that.

I had one this season paying it monthly, cancelled it after he QOTS 1-4 in August.

Pretty sure I’ll be getting one next season.

Funnily enough the club didn’t even bother to contact anyone who cancelled the pay monthly option.

I had one this season paying it monthly, cancelled it after he QOTS 1-4 in August.

Pretty sure I’ll be getting one next season.

Funnily enough the club didn’t even bother to contact anyone who cancelled the pay monthly option.

Wouldn’t be surprised if the ST Card still was active for the games since...

Oh and I'll tell you another thing: will I f**k be renewing next season. I'll go to a few games, but that's it. I only make between 8-10 a year anyway and I think some "tough choices" will have to be made, so I'm afraid FFC have had enough chances from me for a while.

If tough choices need to be made and you don’t attend half the games I can understand that.
My point is a lot of people feel that way at this point of the season but come the start of next season when we start to see changes happening in personnel I think most (not all) will renew.
Most of those that don’t will probably be walk ups so I would hope we don’t see a dramatic slump in finances.

31 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

My point is a lot of people feel that way at this point of the season but come the start of next season when we start to see changes happening in personnel I think most (not all) will renew.
Most of those that don’t will probably be walk ups so I would hope we don’t see a dramatic slump in finances.

Last year must have been a hard sell for season tickets, with only three new signings, one of whom was a goalkeeper and the other was Alex Harris. 

I would have thought that if we make the rumoured dozen plus new signings it will be much easier to shift tickets. The current crap season won't matter so much because most of the players who contributed to it would be gone by the time the tickets go on sale.  

Robbie Mutch

Cameron Blues
Luca Gasparotto
Paul Watson
Tony Gallacher

James Craigen
Mark Kerr
Sean Welsh
Alex Harris

Rory Loy
Scott Shepherd

The fucking state of that btw. This season really can’t finish quickly enough. Garbage.

Guest Back Post Misses

Not sure it’s as much as that. We’ll have budgeted for 4th (again) and the difference between 4th & 8th (hopefully worse case) is £118k.

The lad is right though. Budgets are well budgets, actuals are actuals. We lost a shed load last season with 260k extra in the pot and Houston got his budget cut.

Unless we have cut costs completely to the bone (academy cash aside) I fail to see Hartley getting the funds required to build a team that will win the league. I have no doubt we will be more competitive but can't see us winning the league.

There is of course the likely probability of the old guard bankrolling it................ not!

Guest Back Post Misses
Time will tell but i'll be amazed if season ticket sales dont take a hit after this season. The other disappointing thing is that unlike jack ross last season hartley hasnt managed to bring in anyone you can really see being the backbone of our side next season.  Ross brought in the likes of mcginn and davis that he could form his team for this year around. We're going to be starting from scratch it would appear again.

Slogans won't sell ST's signings will.

If he brings in players who the fans think are good they will buy tickets.

If the club are smart they would extend the early bird to the end of the League Cup sections and let the fans see what is on offer. If it is good they will sell more. Having said that we were excellent in the League Cup this season as see where that got us.

12 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Last year must have been a hard sell for season tickets, with only three new signings, one of whom was a goalkeeper and the other was Alex Harris. 

I would have thought that if we make the rumoured dozen plus new signings it will be much easier to shift tickets. The current crap season won't matter so much because most of the players who contributed to it would be gone by the time the tickets go on sale.  

I think the loy signing even though its been a disaster probably boosted season ticket sales. Hartley is going to have to get in a few  dobbie/mcginn type signings next season if we're going to get season ticket sold and challenge for the title. Lets just hope he can do that on the cash available.

Edited by Shodwall cat

28 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Think we should have a whipround and get Shodwell his hole, the miserable cnut. 

To be fair, it's been a shitter of a season. We just about managed to put a team on the park for a couple of months & half our P&Pers spent 2017/18 cupping Fifers' baws.

Can't end soon enough.