The Falkirk FC Thread

44 minutes ago, FFCinthearea said:

So St Mirren at home on the last game of the season.  I'm presuming that we'll be giving them the North Stand and half of the West?  They'll easily sell 4000 tickets.

Only if we're offering free drugs with every ticket.

I cant see it . A meaningless game against us when the majority of their side will already be on the beach.

Agree with this.
Can’t see them filling the South Stand completely although I am sure they will bring a healthy crowd along.

Would it not be better in the main stand down towards where the away supporters are situated?
The South Stand is generally pretty full most weeks and the atmosphere is not really that bad, but it’s a long way from the away support.
Something nearer the away support is likely to generate more banter and possibly a bit more atmosphere across the stadium rather than in isolated areas.

That's a fair point but I don't know how many of that ss crew would want to move to the main stand for it and let's be honest it's the more lively ones that will use it.

Would the pensioners, quiet types or the moaners in the main stand want it or use it?

That's a fair point but I don't know how many of that ss crew would want to move to the main stand for it and let's be honest it's the more lively ones that will use it.

Would the pensioners, quiet types or the moaners in the main stand want it or use it?

I used to have my season ticket down in that area when we were in the SPL and it was quite lively when the opposition brought good numbers.
I just don’t see much value in it being miles away from the opposition support if you want to generate an atmosphere.

Ps. I am neither a pensioner, quiet, nor a moaner (much)...

Guest Back Post Misses
If it’s true that Hartley doesn’t care for Taiwo and won’t renew his contract I hope he’s got someone as hard working and honest lined up. Welsh is OK but nothing more, like to think he’d be a squad player at most if he’s here next season.

Hopefully he replaces him with someone who can actually pass the ball to a team mate. Taiwo may well work hard, he may well love a tackle, he may well be a great guy, however he couldn't pass water

Hopefully he replaces him with someone who can actually pass the ball to a team mate. Taiwo may well work hard, he may well love a tackle, he may well be a great guy, however he couldn't pass water

A bit unfair. He hasn’t been playing much recently and it showed in his passing last night.

Was still one of our better players yesterday

Actually can't beleive there are some on here talking about a safe standing area?? why do we need that someone give me a good reason the stadium is soulless enough without wasting anymore money on it? 

I am far more concerned with the tripe thats on the park at the moment aside from  maybe 2/3 players they can all do one.

We are still in a relegation fight here folks make no mistake about it, I think Dundee will turn us over our only saving grace is that ICT may do us a turn. 

Actually can't beleive there are some on here talking about a safe standing area?? why do we need that someone give me a good reason the stadium is soulless enough without wasting anymore money on it? 
I am far more concerned with the tripe thats on the park at the moment aside from  maybe 2/3 players they can all do one.
We are still in a relegation fight here folks make no mistake about it, I think Dundee will turn us over our only saving grace is that ICT may do us a turn. 

Safe standing might improve the atmosphere a bit and let's be honest we have to spend on that stadium, shite as it is, because we are stuck with it for the next 20 years minimum.