The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Of the starting X1 last night, I’d only keep Robson, McGhee & Sibbald. The loans I’d obviously keep too but that’s unlikely. Robson too may have other suitors. Longridge is worth another deal from the subs last night too I reckon.

Sibbald was mince last night. He'll need to improve his consistency for me to want him to stay.

3 minutes ago, BillyBairn said:

Care to explain why? I provided my thoughts on a player, what's wrong with that?

He wasn't his best but he wasn't mince. Also one of our most consistent players at the top end of the pitch. Longride can look like Messi one week and Fraser Aird the next. Nelson's finishing is either rash or pinpoint. Jakubiak can go missing. Then there's Rory.

Anyone else heard the rumour that muirhead has signed a pca with carlisle united?
I'm in the Muirhead must stay camp. I don't think it's any coincidence that our form has significantly improved since he was made team captain. we have lost only 1 of our last 10 league matches that's promotion form. I know the team has changed too and appreciate he's not perfect but his willingness to win is strong I saw enough in the hibs and rangers seasons to see he was good enough when we went long unbeaten stretches with him in defence. he's also one of the best penalty takers I've seen.

only negatives are his distribution can be poor (however which defender never gives the ball away?) and he is liable to be hot headed and close to a needless red card at times.

keep please

I'm in the Muirhead must stay camp. I don't think it's any coincidence that our form has significantly improved since he was made team captain. we have lost only 1 of our last 10 league matches that's promotion form. I know the team has changed too and appreciate he's not perfect but his willingness to win is strong I saw enough in the hibs and rangers seasons to see he was good enough when we went long unbeaten stretches with him in defence. he's also one of the best penalty takers I've seen.

only negatives are his distribution can be poor (however which defender never gives the ball away?) and he is liable to be hot headed and close to a needless red card at times.

keep please

Kind of agree.

Most central defenders get a lot of stick as any mistakes that lead to a goal are subject of detailed analysis.

Can’t think back to anyone I thought was class in that position since Den Bieman.

His distribution is awful though.

Mind you so is Hazard’s...

54 minutes ago, BendtnerBairn said:

He wasn't his best but he wasn't mince. Also one of our most consistent players at the top end of the pitch. Longride can look like Messi one week and Fraser Aird the next. Nelson's finishing is either rash or pinpoint. Jakubiak can go missing. Then there's Rory.

Not consistent enough for me, I'm afraid. I always like it when he does turn it on as it usually results in someone on their arse!

Agreed though, inconsistency throughout the team is the real problem that has plagued us this season. :-(

Not consistent enough for me, I'm afraid. I always like it when he does turn it on as it usually results in someone on their arse!

Agreed though, inconsistency throughout the team is the real problem that has plagued us this season. :-(
I'm a big fan of sibbald but he's only scored twice this season and for his quality and experience now should be bossing games more. he should be looking for 10 goals a season. he's another definite keeper for me

change of subject folks... Following Ronaldo's amazing effort last night, was trying to think back to when I last saw a Falkirk player score with an overhead kick.  Can't think if even Simon did, he seemed the most likely candidate for me. The only one I can think of at the moment was...Harry Kinnear, at Meadowbank Stadium - so that'll give you an idea how long ago that was.

Can't even find a pic of big Harry in the Navy Blue, so this one of him scoring one of a hat-trick playing for East Fife against The Fife will do suitably well meantime.   

Any overhead kicks, anyone? 

Harry Kinnear.jpg

Edited by Dennistoun Bairn

53 minutes ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

change of subject folks... Following Ronaldo's amazing effort last night, was trying to think back to when I last saw a Falkirk player score with an overhead kick.  

Any overhead kicks, anyone? 

Canny mind any goals from overhead kicks, but here's big Aero demonstrating the technique last night. Albeit the ball subsequently went straight up rather than back the way.   

AAA_9708.jpg

1 minute ago, NewBornBairn said:

Who was the galoot with the big cock that scored a cracking bicycle kick volley 7 or 8 years ago? Think it was his only goal.

Enoch Enoch 

Guest Back Post Misses
Care to explain why? I provided my thoughts on a player, what's wrong with that?

It might be your thoughts but it doesn’t mean you are not talking pish.