The Falkirk FC Thread

On ‎23‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 18:46, gav-ffc said:

IMG_1521830748.056409.jpg
IMG_1521830754.367085.jpg

Sound familiar?

Actually amazed that he didn't start with the three St Mirren players on the right side , three guys who play together every week and recently all three have been at the top of their game ! Obviously the continued theme of Scotland managers being unable to think these things out is on going !

23 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

Saturdays without a game are fucking shite

This!!!

Went along to Camelon v Dundonald Bluebell yesterday as I used to love going to the Juniors and was even an official at Dunipace long, long ago.

Absolute guff I'm afraid, fair play to the die hards who go along week in week out but if that was typical of the Junior scene now its in a bad way.

Alex Totten also at the game.

2 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

This!!!

Went along to Camelon v Dundonald Bluebell yesterday as I used to love going to the Juniors and was even an official at Dunipace long, long ago.

Absolute guff I'm afraid, fair play to the die hards who go along week in week out but if that was typical of the Junior scene now its in a bad way.

You picked the wrong game Reg. 

I take them in also and enjoy them, especially when I remember sitting freezing at Falkirk Stadium witnessing us having Zero shots against Inverness Cal, Crap at three times the cost. Junior football is at least exciting, Championship at the moment, sideways and backwards football = Brutal watching. 

It had to happen, the rubber eyeball saga has made it to the pages of The Fortean Times (tagline: The World's Weirdest News).

The article appears in the Strange Days section of daft happenings around the world, just under a wee story of a woman in England calling out the RSPCA to rescue a cat trapped under her wardrobe.

It was her slippers.

Actually a pretty interesting magazine if you have even a passing interest in the unusual.

FT.jpg

19 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

This!!!

I was at the Camelon on Saturday, usually go to a Junior game if the Bairns are away from home, as usual really enjoyed it. Plenty of hard tackling and the ref just waves play on and the players just get on with it, even a bit of boxing and only one player booked all game. Standing on the terracing in the sunshine  makes a difference from a cold concrete stadium. Good game, good goals, grand day out. Can't complain about the quality of the football after the guff that Houston served up to us this year. Totten's grandson was on the subs bench.

Edited by razamanaz

2 hours ago, razamanaz said:

I was at the Camelon on Saturday, usually go to a Junior game if the Bairns are away from home, as usual really enjoyed it. Plenty of hard tackling and the ref just waves play on and the players just get on with it, even a bit of boxing and only one player booked all game. Standing on the terracing in the sunshine  makes a difference from a cold concrete stadium. Good game, good goals, grand day out. Can't complain about the quality of the football after the guff that Houston served up to us this year. Totten's grandson was on the subs bench.

Glad that you enjoyed it but I genuinely thought that it was a very poor game.

Still as you say it was a nice day for it and the Bovril was good.

My mate takes me to Irvine Meadow, and I must say junior football is a refreshing experience.

Tackles all over the place,dive and cheat and fans are liable to bring back hanging,officials need to be mental to cope with abuse they get.

No snowflakes on or off the park.

Larkhall v Meadow on Saturday as Saints are at Inverness

West cup ,hope it’s dry as it looks like a potential 7 goal thriller

Edited by Young gun

4 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

It had to happen, the rubber eyeball saga has made it to the pages of The Fortean Times (tagline: The World's Weirdest News).

The article appears in the Strange Days section of daft happenings around the world, just under a wee story of a woman in England calling out the RSPCA to rescue a cat trapped under her wardrobe.

It was her slippers.

Actually a pretty interesting magazine if you have even a passing interest in the unusual.

FT.jpg

Next month WTF happened to Dunfermline's Season?

Think that after Dumbarton’s 5-0 thrashing tonight we should now stop worrying re the relegation playoffs. Also it now looks likely that St Mirren will wrap up the title up at Brechin on 7th April so we will have two games against the Paisley mob that will be fairly meaningless to them.

It’s very unlikely that we can catch Morton for fourth but really it’s all that’s left to aim for this season so let’s have a bit of positivity and hope we can finish strongly… then you never know....

13 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Think that after Dumbarton’s 5-0 thrashing tonight we should now stop worrying re the relegation playoffs. Also it now looks likely that St Mirren will wrap up the title up at Brechin on 7th April so we will have two games against the Paisley mob that will be fairly meaningless to them.

It’s very unlikely that we can catch Morton for fourth but really it’s all that’s left to aim for this season so let’s have a bit of positivity and hope we can finish strongly… then you never know....

How Falkirk were even considering that they might get drawn into a battle at the bottom with Dumbarton is beyond me , great St Mirren performance tonight,  10-0  wouldn't have done it justice , but Dumbarton by some distance are the worst team we've played all season on that showing !

How Falkirk were even considering that they might get drawn into a battle at the bottom with Dumbarton is beyond me , great St Mirren performance tonight,  10-0  wouldn't have done it justice , but Dumbarton by some distance are the worst team we've played all season on that showing !

I haven’t believed we’d get drawn in since the end of January but there still a few of us on here exercising caution.
Mind you, I hadn’t quite realised that St Mirren now have seven straight home wins without conceding a goal when I suggested we might have a sniff in the two upcoming games against you.

Yet this Dumbarton side that St Mirren have been able to swat aside with a five goal canter is the same one that we have scored one goal against in three games, and so far, haven’t been able to beat this season (either pre or post Hartley, and one game when our January recruits were part of the side).

While we have undoubtedly improved, it’s not happened when Dumbarton have been the opposition. I think any lingering doubts amongst the Falkirk support is that we still look capable of turning in dire performances (but nothing like pre Christmas). The concern is that a couple of lousy back to back performances, and much of the recent good stuff is undone, and any momentum to push above third bottom fades away.

Having said that, it looks less and less likely that Dumbarton could do anything to take advantage. We’ve now slipped back into 8th place, and ICT still have a game in hand on us.

8 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Yet this Dumbarton side that St Mirren have been able to swat aside with a five goal canter is the same one that we have scored one goal against in three games, and so far, haven’t been able to beat this season (either pre or post Hartley, and one game when our January recruits were part of the side).

While we have undoubtedly improved, it’s not happened when Dumbarton have been the opposition. I think any lingering doubts amongst the Falkirk support is that we still look capable of turning in dire performances (but nothing like pre Christmas). The concern is that a couple of lousy back to back performances, and much of the recent good stuff is undone, and any momentum to push above third bottom fades away.

Having said that, it looks less and less likely that Dumbarton could do anything to take advantage. We’ve now slipped back into 8th place, and ICT still have a game in hand on us.

Jesus, every silver lining has a cloud with you.....

10 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Dumbarton have beaten St Mirren this season.

Dumbarton haven't beaten us. Hand us the title.

I see the club are filling the North Stand on Saturday with free tickets to Emergency Service workers/NHS staff/ Council workers. All who battled to keep the area going during the recent bad weather.

Great gesture by the club and if it means the North Stand isn't empty it has to be a good thing.

I see the club are filling the North Stand on Saturday with free tickets to Emergency Service workers/NHS staff/ Council workers. All who battled to keep the area going during the recent bad weather.

Great gesture by the club and if it means the North Stand isn't empty it has to be a good thing.
What a classy establishment we are.

Well done Box Office Bairns once again.