The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Gaz FFC said:

I imagine Hamilton down is the best case Scenario 

Dundee and Ross C would have more cash than us to try and quickly buy their way out of trouble.

Hamilton I can see being as limp as Inverness are this season

Good idea as that would be Hamilton are 5 clear of second bottom with two games in hand 

I think there’s already clear that a lot of us have concerns about how serious the club owners are about promotion.

I remember Martin Richie saying we couldn’t compete with Hamilton because they had sold McCarthy to Wigan. He was very quick to write us off.

Now, for next season, anyone coming down other than Hamilton is going to be seen as an insurmountable barrier (let alone DUFC if they don’t go up). This has been the Falkirk way for a good while now, and frankly, I will be amazed if FFC taken on a new persona of steely eyed determination to get out of this league. Hell, I will be amazed if we muster a first game of the season win in a dozen years.

Assuming only the Buds go up, then DUFCwill be better (unless admin hits home), the Fifers will probably be better, Livingston will be worse, QotS will be due a bad season. Morton will be much of a muchness (as will most others). The unknown quantity will be Ayr or Raith and the relegated side.

It’ll be an interesting summer for us, that’s for sure.

I think there’s already clear that a lot of us have concerns about how serious the club owners are about promotion.
I remember Martin Richie saying we couldn’t compete with Hamilton because they had sold McCarthy to Wigan. He was very quick to write us off.
Now, for next season, anyone coming down other than Hamilton is going to be seen as an insurmountable barrier (let alone DUFC if they don’t go up). This has been the Falkirk way for a good while now, and frankly, I will be amazed if FFC taken on a new persona of steely eyed determination to get out of this league. Hell, I will be amazed if we muster a first game of the season win in a dozen years.
Assuming only the Buds go up, then DUFCwill be better (unless admin hits home), the Fifers will probably be better, Livingston will be worse, QotS will be due a bad season. Morton will be much of a muchness (as will most others). The unknown quantity will be Ayr or Raith and the relegated side.
It’ll be an interesting summer for us, that’s for sure.
Ayr or Raith.....

FFS.

The Fifers??

Mon tae f**k

Guest Back Post Misses

Lot of speculation on how next season will go. A massive reduction in squad size should help the ability to get better quality in.

I repeat Hartley can’t afford to fail if he is to progress his career. The CEO has stated we are going to try push for promotion and for the first time in many years I actually believe there is ambition in there.

The summer will be interesting for a change.

Lot of speculation on how next season will go. A massive reduction in squad size should help the ability to get better quality in.

I repeat Hartley can’t afford to fail if he is to progress his career. The CEO has stated we are going to try push for promotion and for the first time in many years I actually believe there is ambition in there.

Agreed, Hartley has came in at the same time there's been some reshuffling at the top of the club and a few bold moves have taken place.
This summer will likely be the biggest shake up of our playing squad in a long time. I'd be amazed if we've heard of half of the players that come in, we just need to hope that Hartley and the English scouts can spot a player.

I don't think it's an all or nothing season but it's probably as close as it could be.

reading this gets me all excited about next season already but I've promised myself not to get sucked in again with the #ourtime marketing yet again.

makes me wonder what the marketing angle will be next season?

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Ayr or Raith.....

FFS.

The Fifers??

Mon tae f**k

Think we would have thought much the same this season about Livingston, Morton, QotS and Dumbarton. Every club in this league has taken a good number of points from us this season (aye, even Brechin).

Let’s wait and see what is put in place to prevent the same thing happening next season. It would be nice to have three or four opposition sides that would deliver us 8,9, or 10  points across the season. That would be something a wee bit special.

Guest Back Post Misses
Let’s hope the marketing angle is to keep their collective mouths shut. Daft “come back to haunt you” slogans not required.

“Signings sell tickets”

1 hour ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

reading this gets me all excited about next season already but I've promised myself not to get sucked in again with the #ourtime marketing yet again.

makes me wonder what the marketing angle will be next season?

Various papers with the phrase " Project Premiership" have been seen around the club recently. Though whether that's an internal  strategy aimed at giving the giving the manager as much support as possible,  or a future marketing slogan, I have no idea. I think I saw flyers about it on a hospitality table the other week too.

I'm old enough to still have nightmares about Argentina 78 so I tend to agree with Duncan's point about not shouting out to the world about what we're going to do. Unfortunately that's not how marketing works and it certainly wouldn't sell tickets.

18 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

“Signings sell tickets”

Given the amount of players who're out of contract, I think signings are a given. And certainly more than last season. I imagine most of the players will come from England so if no-one knows who they are you won't get the same sort of negativity as happened with the signing of Harris and the rumoured pursuit of Stanton.

The fact that Hartley seems to have an eye for a player will help too. So far he hasn't signed anyone who can definitely be confirmed as a dud, even if a couple haven't yet had much game time.

3 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Think we would have thought much the same this season about Livingston, Morton, QotS and Dumbarton. Every club in this league has taken a good number of points from us this season (aye, even Brechin).

Let’s wait and see what is put in place to prevent the same thing happening next season. It would be nice to have three or four opposition sides that would deliver us 8,9, or 10  points across the season. That would be something a wee bit special.

Brechin will give us 10 points this season. We've taken 9 off Morton. It's likely we'll get 8 off Dumbarton.  And that's with the worst Falkirk squad of my lifetime.

The conclusion here, once again, is that you talk a power of pish. Easily the biggest gobshite on Pie and Bovril. 

23 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Brechin will give us 10 points this season. We've taken 9 off Morton. It's likely we'll get 8 off Dumbarton.  And that's with the worst Falkirk squad of my lifetime.

The conclusion here, once again, is that you talk a power of pish. Easily the biggest gobshite on Pie and Bovril. 

*koff* max 6 off Dumbarton *koff*

Have you done any work behind these numbers? How many points did we take off each of our opponents in the last two seasons before this one?

How have Brechin took "a good number of points" from us? 1 is not a good number.

Guest Back Post Misses
Various papers with the phrase " Project Premiership" have been seen around the club recently. Though whether that's an internal  strategy aimed at giving the giving the manager as much support as possible,  or a future marketing slogan, I have no idea. I think I saw flyers about it on a hospitality table the other week too.
I'm old enough to still have nightmares about Argentina 78 so I tend to agree with Duncan's point about not shouting out to the world about what we're going to do. Unfortunately that's not how marketing works and it certainly wouldn't sell tickets.

"Project Premiership" has been as embarrassing the "Our Time" pish of last summer.

Just keep you head down, provide the manager with enough cash and freedom to sign players capable of winning this league and the support have shown they will back the club.

Curry clubs, pie and bean nights and Ladies Days wont need selling then they will sell themselves.

We have tried like f**k for years to make everything so complicated. With Community this and charity that to try and get people along to games and generally back the club.

Hopefully the penny has finally dropped. Winning games drives revenue. Being mediocre as we have been since Latapy retired brings f**k all but a product people can take or leave.

52 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

We have tried like f**k for years to make everything so complicated. With Community this and charity that to try and get people along to games and generally back the club.

It could be argued that our quite frankly astonishing attendances with an awful team scrabbling around the bottom of the second tier owe much to the marketing department. 

2 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

It could be argued that our quite frankly astonishing attendances with an awful team scrabbling around the bottom of the second tier owe much to the marketing department. 

I agree with this, can't blame the marketing department for the teams failures.

Even though a lot of it is daft it does seem like they've tried everything they can to add a bit more interest to the games.