The Falkirk FC Thread

14 hours ago, Ryan-FFC said:

If neither exercises the additional years option then the contract is terminated.

For instance if we want to take up the option on McGhee - he stays. If we don’t and he doesn’t want to exercise it either he goes for nothing.

So it would be terminated with mutual consent. Just as it would if it was a 2 year contract and both parties wanted to finish it after a year. 

Keep McGhee punt Muirhead.  although there is always the chance Hartley like Houston before him could do the unthinkable and give some players a contract when everyone else thought they would/should go, Shepherd and Kerr being prime examples previously.

59 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Keep McGhee punt Muirhead.  although there is always the chance Hartley like Houston before him could do the unthinkable and give some players a contract when everyone else thought they would/should go, Shepherd and Kerr being prime examples previously.

I think we'll see a lot of players leaving in the summer, unfortunately those may include some that we would rather keep. I've also got a sneaky suspicion that he may want to keep Muirhead because he can cover two positions.

1 hour ago, Crawford Baptie said:

I suspect he will keep Muirhead but bin Grant and Watson.

Oh I think he'll definitely lose Watson, not because he's particularly bad but as he needs to make room for more quality. I think Grant has the rest of the season to show that he can get back to his pre-injury form. Can't see him doing that though. 

Muirhead may be able to cover two positions but he's not particularly good at either.  Keeping him because he may talk a good game and can take a penalty doesn't merit a new contract. 

I actually think completely the opposite here.

Defensively there’s not a lot between Watson, Muirhead and Grant. They’re all capable of putting together a decent run of games but equally having complete howlers. However because Muirhead can cover at right-back and his fantastic penalties makes him a much better option to keep.

4 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Muirhead may be able to cover two positions but he's not particularly good at either.  Keeping him because he may talk a good game and can take a penalty doesn't merit a new contract. 

I agree, however budget (or lack of it) is likely to play a major part in the standard and number of players that we can sign so the fact that he can play two positions is likely to be a factor IMO. I would hope that he's the first name among the subs next season so the fact that he's brilliant at penalties doesn't really come in to my thinking.

Guest Back Post Misses
I agree, however budget (or lack of it) is likely to play a major part in the standard and number of players that we can sign so the fact that he can play two positions is likely to be a factor IMO. I would hope that he's the first name among the subs next season so the fact that he's brilliant at penalties doesn't really come in to my thinking.

I would guess upwards of 12 players will come in over the summer. The squad size will hopefully be drastically reduced to allow some better quality.

1 minute ago, Senor Bairn said:

How are you?

I am just a tiny wee bit rough owing to a few delicious pints of Tennents and a couple of drams post nightshift this morning. 2 shifts to go though then I shall return home to FK5. Pleasing.

Wot u been up 2?

I am just a tiny wee bit rough owing to a few delicious pints of Tennents and a couple of drams post nightshift this morning. 2 shifts to go though then I shall return home to FK5. Pleasing.
Wot u been up 2?

Slightly rough as well due to one too many pints of vitamin T yesterday in Edinburgh. Life is good.