The Falkirk FC Thread

Ball retention?

No having that
He tackles folk and gives it to someone who can play. Generally playong the simple pass and he makes himself available for the backwards pass if needed. I would give him that.

If we are going to continue to argue about Taiwos contribution to this season though, I am out. I have given my opinion for why I think he is one of, if not the most deserving of recognition this season.

It is an opinion and others are of course entitled to theirs.

13 hours ago, Fitbafollower said:

Rumours that McGhee and Muirhead have got some interest from a few English league clubs with a view to sign pre contracts 

Please let this be true not so much for McGhee but absolutely for Muirhead!! Grant can go as well.

11 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Still having Brechin twice to play will hopefully work in our favour, hopefully. We're a pretty realistic target to aim at though. All you'll have to do is pick up two more wins than us in the remaining 9 games, anytime that manages to finish below us this year are a right gang. 

Brechin away midweek wont be as clear cut as a home game....

Id have that, Dumbarton and maybe QOS for Brechin's chances of winning a game

Our 6 away games in 9 rules us out of anything higher but we can spoil a few parties

55 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Brechin away midweek wont be as clear cut as a home game....

Id have that, Dumbarton and maybe QOS for Brechin's chances of winning a game

Our 6 away games in 9 rules us out of anything higher but we can spoil a few parties

While AJ has many faults, bodying part time teams isn't one of them, he's a flat track bully of the managerial world. 

Lets be honest here, the best chance for any team to get points in this division is a home game against Brechin followed by an away game against Brechin, I'd rather have those two fixtures in the last ten than any other. I'd be looking at those two games and Dumbarton at home as 9 points, the rest could go any way but I won't be expecting much.

2 hours ago, BountyBairn said:

Would really be looking to retain McGhee, he’s the best CB we’ve had for a few years, by some distance IMO. 

2 hours ago, BountyBairn said:

Would really be looking to retain McGhee, he’s the best CB we’ve had for a few years, by some distance IMO. 

As I said less so for McGhee more so for Muirhead.

5 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

St Mirren game rescheduled AGAIN. Now Tuesday, 17th April.

If we have instigated this then it's a great move by the club.

Better playing them when they have nothing to play for than playing them when they are trying to win the title.

If we have instigated this then it's a great move by the club.

Better playing them when they have nothing to play for than playing them when they are trying to win the title.

Yeah, although equally it could be the game they need to win to win the league at home...

St Mirren game rescheduled AGAIN. Now Tuesday, 17th April.
maybe no bad thing if we can get a result against livvi it means our next game is 2 weeks later at home to brechin. 6 points from these two games and watching others play more games means we know what we need to do if still in it by the time we play st mirren twice who in all likelihood may gave wrapped up the league by then

maybe no bad thing if we can get a result against livvi it means our next game is 2 weeks later at home to brechin. 6 points from these two games and watching others play more games means we know what we need to do if still in it by the time we play st mirren twice who in all likelihood may gave wrapped up the league by then

Again see the point, but it also leaves us with 6 games in 18 days including trips to, Inverness, Dumfries, Dundee, Paisley and Dumbarton...

Again see the point, but it also leaves us with 6 games in 18 days including trips to, Inverness, Dumfries, Dundee, Paisley and Dumbarton...
the livvi game Saturday is massive. we beat them our impressive league form co tinues and we go into a break with Brechin at home next. also sends out a message having beaten United Morton and then livvi the 3 play off teams. just keeps us in the mix going into April which given our horrendous start would be a miracle

28 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

While AJ has many faults, bodying part time teams isn't one of them, he's a flat track bully of the managerial world. 

Lets be honest here, the best chance for any team to get points in this division is a home game against Brechin followed by an away game against Brechin, I'd rather have those two fixtures in the last ten than any other. I'd be looking at those two games and Dumbarton at home as 9 points, the rest could go any way but I won't be expecting much.

I've just had a look at the Dunfermline run in, Dumbarton last game where they will play a shadow side like Ayr did against us pre their play offs and having 5 home games will be the best chance you have had for play offs since promotion.

The end of the day, I dont think there is a decent team in the league, a couple of effective teams but not decent

the livvi game Saturday is massive. we beat them our impressive league form co tinues and we go into a break with Brechin at home next. also sends out a message having beaten United Morton and then livvi the 3 play off teams. just keeps us in the mix going into April which given our horrendous start would be a miracle

I do tend to agree, we’re still in this, although only just. We do need the win on Saturday though.
Going to be a tough April irrespective.

Guest Back Post Misses

Just take one game at a time. Try and win then move on to the next game and see where it takes us. About 5% chance of the play offs at this moment. That will improve if we keep winning.

8 hours ago, MrDust said:

I've just had a look at the Dunfermline run in, Dumbarton last game where they will play a shadow side like Ayr did against us pre their play offs and having 5 home games will be the best chance you have had for play offs since promotion.

The end of the day, I dont think there is a decent team in the league, a couple of effective teams but not decent

Agreed, you would struggle to pick a championship select side that would stay in the SPL.

Dobbie, McGinn, Sibbald could step up. Big defender at Livvy (Gallagher?) that's the only players who impressed me so far.

The rest are much the same, there are guys like Cardle who had their chance and failed who still stand out on occasion so that says a lot.

St Mirren and Livvy are very well organised sides but lack the real quality of previous teams.

Dorrans, Griffiths, McCarthy, Snodgrass, Stevie May, Doolan, Hardie, Latapy etc

On 13/03/2018 at 21:59, Bairnardo said:

We have an option to extend McGhees contract so I can't see how he could sign a pre-contract? Surely at worst we would be signing him up to get a fee?

Both sides have to sign the deal. We had an option on Gregory Tade, took up the option, he refused to sign and he moved on for nothing. Players hold the power.