The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Was just thinking about the kind of team we could field if the unthinkable happened and we dropped a league.

Based on the standard of player that the budget would probably allow and those left who's deals extend to next season, we could be looking at something like:

Thomson

Muirhead, McCracken, Watson, Dick

Harris, Blues, McKee, Stowe

Loy, O'Hara

And Scott Shepherd on the bench.

Peter Houston likes this.

Is McGhee under contract for next season? 

Guest Back Post Misses
Don't think so. I read somewhere that both the club and the player have an option though?

We have options on McGhee, Sibbs and Robson I think

4 hours ago, PipoIsABairn said:

Let's not forget that some of his Falkirk career has been spent being played on the right wing, because....Houston?

That doesnt help the fact he is very injury prone both at us and at Hibs.....it also wasnt a large portion of games at right mid

He was effective at right mid under Houston and there for a reason, sometime not so but on the whole mainly effective for a reason

3 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

Not really getting this lol.

Me neither

3 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Yea, I hope to f**k we don't!

If you seriously think we are in danger still, albeit not impossible then fair play, I cant see us being anywhere close to 9th with the current form of Dumbarton, many midweek games and they struggle to score goals and bring in a retired striker to remedy this. 

Ill eat my hat, gloves and pants if we finish 9th......

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

That doesnt help the fact he is very injury prone both at us and at Hibs.....it also wasnt a large portion of games at right mid

He was effective at right mid under Houston and there for a reason, sometime not so but on the whole mainly effective for a reason

Me neither

If you seriously think we are in danger still, albeit not impossible then fair play, I cant see us being anywhere close to 9th with the current form of Dumbarton, many midweek games and they struggle to score goals and bring in a retired striker to remedy this. 

I don't think there's any doubt that we're still in danger. FWIW I also think that we'll survive but, as you say, it's not impossible that we could get sucked back into it and I was (somewhat tongue in cheek) merely trying to share my thoughts on the type of player that we could attract.

You must remember that I'm retired and have feck all else to do all day.

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

You must remember that I'm retired and have feck all else to do all day.

You must be gutted Dumbarton turned to Iain Russell instead if yourself then.

Greenie for not going down the milk, bread and snow way of life

Guest Back Post Misses
All these "what an experience to play at Ibrox!" Instagram posts are an absolute riddy. Almost exclusively from the wee boys who shat themselves on the park for 90 minutes, strangely enough. 

Add “not good enough” to that

11 hours ago, MrDust said:

You must be gutted Dumbarton turned to Iain Russell instead if yourself then.

Greenie for not going down the milk, bread and snow way of life

Far better player than Iain Russell mate! ;)

16 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

All these "what an experience to play at Ibrox!" Instagram posts are an absolute riddy. Almost exclusively from the wee boys who shat themselves on the park for 90 minutes, strangely enough. 

If they were a bit better at their job they would perhaps be playing there a bit more regularly.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

I read an interview with Kari Arnason about his first spell at Aberdeen. The players wore tracksuits to every game, unless they were playing at Ibrox or Celtic Park in which case they got told to wear a suit. If that's your attitude then you're beaten before you get on the pitch. 

If Dumbarton continue to pick up points at the rate they've picked them up in the first 3/4 of the season then they will finish on 32 points. given we are currently on 30 points we'd need only 1 win from our last 10 games to finish above that total.

fwiw I think their form will be better ladt quarter but it's a really big ask for them to catch us or anyone else now with a backlog of games too. of course they've still to play us at home and one of the games in hand is Brechin!

3 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

I read an interview with Kari Arnason about his first spell at Aberdeen. The players wore tracksuits to every game, unless they were playing at Ibrox or Celtic Park in which case they got told to wear a suit. If that's your attitude then you're beaten before you get on the pitch. 

Even thinking about us doing that gave me ebola.

Just seen Craig Campbell tweeting about how he was visiting Parkhead to look at their safe standing arrangements to see if it could be worked into the Falkirk Stadium.

Bring on the TIFO displays, bring on the pyro. The scenes.

Imagine it would look something like this:

Image result for football pyro blue high quality

2 hours ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

I’d fire a low terracing along the east stand.

Seen a few folk say this. I think a low terracing along the east would look fucking stupid next to the height of our other stands.

Edited by Gaz