The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

That team you mention has pretty much dragged us clear of relegation this season. Thomson has cost us vital points as part of that, although overall he was good today.

Sorry Roman I've also been at games Thompson has  gained us points, I suppose you could say that about any player, as for dragging us clear of relegation I'll wait until that's mathematically impossible, although I think we'll be OK.  Glad Brechin are in the Championship or it would be shit creek without a paddle. 

At no stage did I say it was based on the Rangers game. If it was then Robson would be working in Greggs in Sunderland. 

To be fair, my comment was based on a number of comments, not just yours Marshy. Appreciate that was not clear.
Robson had a real mixed bag to me but still think there’s potential, so I’d give him a few more games before final judgement.

Sorry Roman I've also been at games Thompson has  gained us points, I suppose you could say that about any player, as for dragging us clear of relegation I'll wait until that's mathematically impossible, although I think we'll be OK.  Glad Brechin are in the Championship or it would be shit creek without a paddle. 

Think it’s hard to argue against 8 wins from 12.
I love how deep Thomson can kick the ball and he can be a really good shot stopper. However he has also blundered more than once. Despite that, based on today, I’d start him next week too.

Oh well. At least we can now concertante on league.

The gap between the teams was clear and our best players didn’t turn up at all. Was pleased to see Longridge, Nelson and Jakubiak when heard the lineup but there’s absolutely no connection between Jak and Nelson. Nelson I thought in particular could have released the ball earlier on a couple of occasions when he ended up running into too many defenders. I remain to be convinced that Nelson and Jakubiak can play together as a front two. 

Sibbs and Taiwo were not at the races at all and Tumilty and Robson were both ineffective.

On a bright note did Harris actually tackle?Maybe he knows his times running out.

25 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

*December

Apologies.....

I think we are 6pts from 8th place in worst case scenario, having Brechin at home, it's 3pts for me from 9 games

4 hours ago, wullie robb said:

In his interview Hartley said he was pleased with the performance? 

Why not be honest and say we need to be better all over the park, that could easily have been six or seven if Rangers had played a Striker in place of Moralas. 

Morelos is a striker. And the highest scorer in the Premiership for that matter.

I didn't enjoy any of that today, but we could be top of the league and would still have been bodied.  That's the difference in class between the top 3 in the Premiership and any team in the Championship.

Edited by lanky_ffc

4 hours ago, lanky_ffc said:

Morelos is a striker. And the highest scorer in the Premiership for that matter.

I didn't enjoy any of that today, but we could be top of the league and would still have been bodied.  That's the difference in class between the top 3 in the Premiership and any team in the Championship.

Oh Dear, Morelos is a striker and I didn't know that, Jeezo

Said 4-1 before the game. My heart stopped me from putting a wager on it.  Would gladly never have to watch Cummings against us again. Almost guaranteed a goal every time against us. Cummings and Kilmarnock, pair of fanny's. I don't think nelson is good enough to be a striker. Or at least a starting striker. Hopefully get safety in the league guaranteed as soon as and get this season over with.

The likelihood is that any team you pick from the last 4 or 5 years would get dicked at Ibrox by the current Rangers team. Thats life. Most teams in the Premiership are currently getting dicked by them. Such is life.

16 hours ago, lanky_ffc said:

Usually agree with your posts, but this needs a bit of perspective. St Mirren and Dundee Utd both had similar scorelines away to Aberdeen this season and they're the champions elect and play-off candidates. Today shouldn't have any bearing on the rest of our season or who we recruit next season. Like it or not, Rangers a level or two above what we need to be next season. 

yeah thats probably a fair comment, I am just sick of this pishy division and the pishy football that accompanies it. Would love to see us playing some good football again.

10 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

yeah thats probably a fair comment, I am just sick of this pishy division and the pishy football that accompanies it. Would love to see us playing some good football again.

I thought against DU at home, we looked hungry. Played with the ball to feet and had a pace to our game we’ve not yet emulated since. That may have been a one off, maybe due to woeful opponents but that’s the style I’d like to see us play. Was reminiscent of the good Yogi days before it got to 100 passes sideways. 

I wonder if Hartley will stick with 3 centre half’s next season, its the clear system this season but I wonder if that’s more down to the personell the Don has now rather than it being his preference.

If we can get back to business in the league we can get a measure of where we really are with Morton, Livi and St Mirren all being tough games against teams we’ve had little joy this season.

Not too fussed about yesterday, expected to be beaten comfortably. Got to laugh at the ***s for 90 minute and pocketed some sweet pound for next season, it’s fairly obvious there’s going to be a gap in quality between a team second in the top tier to a team 8th in the 2nd tier, some fans are getting annoyed over nothing.

Don't understand some of the wailing and whining about yesterday.

We were away to the best Queens Eleven in the Zombie era who had the human midgie Cummings playing for them.

Take the money and move on, we are a vastly better side than we were pre Hartley and its reasonable to think that he will continue his ruthless rebuilding in the close season.

Next season is what its all about now.