The Falkirk FC Thread

10 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Bet365 offering:

Sevco 1/7

Draw 7/1

Falkirk 14/1

Sevco must have improved exponentially in the last year or so. We’re definitely underdogs but 7/1 just to get a draw?

Think 7/1 is quite mean actually. Yes, I would say Sevco are much better than a year ago. We have the second worst defensive record in the Championship. They have scored twice as many goals as us. That all points to a mauling.

7/1 might be enough to catch a few emotional backers, but I don’t think the cold hard logic punters will go near it.

Think we all know it can easily get that bad (thinking the Aberdeen shambles of three years ago in particular, or even the away result to ICT this season), but I reckon Hartley will have a damage limitation line up from the get go. Either a 3-5-1-1, or an old school 4-5-1.

Really don’t see us getting overly adventurous for this one, as I actually reckon Sevco actually go for the jugular more so than even Celtic do.

If we somehow get away from there with a draw, I would reckon it would top the 6-1 DU game by quite a margin. I really don’t see a set of circumstances (or referee) that would permit us to leave there with a win. Too many interested parties choking for an SC OF final.

Rory to score the winner and dump his former employers out of the cup seconds after Morelos blasts high over the crossbar and far off into the Govan sky.

Or more realistically, ill be happy as long as Cummings stays clear of the score sheet and we don't get utterly turned over.

Guest Back Post Misses

Some knicker wetters on here. Sibbs will relish this game like he did the time we drew 2-2 there.

We have lost 3 times in 12 games.

You would think Sevco were fucking Barcelona the way they are talking.

Just go and play. Be organised and don’t give the ball away is daft areas and we will do ok. 100% think we will score, probably lose but not get battered.

My team would be

Hazard

Tumilty Muirhead McGhee Grant Robson

Taiwo Sibbs Kidd/Longridge

Jak Nelson

Shitfesting our way to a draw wouldn't even come close to topping that day against utd.

Actually, if we hit the level of performance we did that day and got in about their faces the way we did Utd, I’d fancy us to win.

Problem is we have not hit those levels since....

Hazard

Tumilty
Muirhead
McGhee
Grant
Robson

Taiwo
Kidd
Sibbs

Longridge
Nelson

Aye that’s how I’d go as well.

Harsh to drop Jakubiak however Nelsons work-rate will be needed up top and as poor as he’s been recently you can’t drop Longridge his ability to take the ball under pressure could be vital at times. Also really fancy that midfield 3 to do the business and go and dominate.

However Morelos and Cummings especially against our defence does give me the fear.

3 hours ago, Russ said:

Aye that’s how I’d go as well.

Harsh to drop Jakubiak however Nelsons work-rate will be needed up top and as poor as he’s been recently you can’t drop Longridge his ability to take the ball under pressure could be vital at times. Also really fancy that midfield 3 to do the business and go and dominate.

However Morelos and Cummings especially against our defence does give me the fear.

Sounds like a fucking nightmare. Will just need to make sure they don’t get supply. 

I suspect Taiwo will be given a man marking job on one of them on Saturday.
I was hoping more for Taiwo to be given the seldom used, defensive free role, when he just gets to run around bodyimg whoever he feels is on danger of becoming effective.

We need Tommy Robson to be on top form too. The **** lose a lot of Tavernier can be kept quiet.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I was hoping more for Taiwo to be given the seldom used, defensive free role, when he just gets to run around bodyimg whoever he feels is on danger of becoming effective.

We need Tommy Robson to be on top form too. The **** lose a lot of Tavernier can be kept quiet.

Tavernier is also an area we should be targeting  defensively. I for one would play the Jak. Pace always gives the currant buns defence nightmares.  The last time we played them O'hara and Hippo had a field day.