The Falkirk FC Thread

11 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Tbh, I don’t think he’s a terrible defender. I just don’t think he’s a great one either.
My main concern about him is his appalling distribution more than anything else. I guess you could argue that that’s led to the opposition picking up the ball in midfield leading to losing goals, but I’d need to track back through a lot of games to confirm that...

...and that’s my biggest issue with the guy. In terms of making life difficult for opposing forwards around him, yes he does that to a level that’s as good as most in the division. It’s when he has the ball at his feet, and not really when he’s under pressure that he seems to mentally freeze, and just give the opposition the ball back.

Like you, I couldn’t quote specific goals, but I know there’s been too many times this season (and I haven’t seen anything like every game) where after conceding, I could link it to Muirhead not having the composure or ability to play a straightforward pass to a Falkirk player.

There’s loads of stuff where I agree with BPM, but wishing to see Muirhead as part of next season’s defence isn’t one of them.

There you go, another stat. A pretty narrow band, but if you think it makes some kind of point, fine.

How about Houston winning manager of the month multiple times meaning him leaving was wrong?

16 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

There you go, another stat. A pretty narrow band, but if you think it makes some kind of point, fine.

How about Houston winning manager of the month multiple times meaning him leaving was wrong?

Well now you are just  talking shite to make your point. 

Did Houston win manager of the month in the season he left ?

I wasn't spouting a stat I was stating a fact. You said Muirheads contribution to those games were as little as could be. I pointed out the fact he had a man of the match performance and scored 2 goals within these games. Now don't go thinking I am muirheads biggest fan,  I just think you are looking to stir the pot for the sake of it and using him as your scapegoat so to speak.

Edited by Believe The Hype

12 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Well now you are just  talking shite to make your point. 

Did Houston win manager of the month in the season he left ?

I wasn't spouting a stat I was stating a fact. You said Muirheads contribution to those games were as little as could be. I pointed out the fact he had a man of the match performance and scored 2 goals within these games. Now don't go thinking I am muirheads biggest fan,  I just think you are looking to stir the pot for the sake of it and using him as your scapegoat so to speak.

He's part of a "disease" don't forget. :rolleyes:

Guest Back Post Misses
Just a heads up that the club aren't imposing a limit on the number of tickets that season tickets holders can buy today, so give them a ring sooner rather than later if you're looking to buy today. 

700 gone already. 1000 was never going to be enough

Good show. I have reluctantly elected not to go. I will be seething if I am not part of the scenes if we beat the c***s. My living room will be pretty scenic though.
I too thought long and hard about going but don't like giving money to rangers Celtic and Livingston so very rarely attend their stadiums preferring to go to more home games or support smaller away clubs. also wasn't sure if I want to subject my kids to it. still thought about going though because if we get a result it will be very sweet.

I too thought long and hard about going but don't like giving money to rangers Celtic and Livingston so very rarely attend their stadiums preferring to go to more home games or support smaller away clubs. also wasn't sure if I want to subject my kids to it. still thought about going though because if we get a result it will be very sweet.
Ibrox disgusts me to my core but its more other shit thats stopped me. Mainly that I am going out to get ripped on the Saturday and Sunday is my last night at home before going away for 2 weeks on the Monday. Not sure fucking off all day is an option.

Really looking forward to this Saturday too though. Hartley really has brought me back from the brink. 0-3 at Tannadice was one of the lowest points of my time as a Falkirk fan... Pretty happy just now though. If he can put one over on the **** I will love him forever.

just checking the scoring stats there on the BBC and see jakubiak has a league goal every 75 minutes so far. ok he has only 3 and it's not a large sample but that's much better than dobbie the best in the league's ratios.

loy has scored once in 832 minutes. that's significantly worse than even Luca gasparotto and peyer Grant and similar to Harris.