The Falkirk FC Thread

Oh I think it suits St Mirren very well. I think they have a telly match on the Friday against Dundee United, so a Saturday/Tuesday/Friday schedule might have been a bit of risk.

While certainly not scared of Falkirk, Jack Ross isn’t daft, and will have seen the general improvement in our results, and so why risk potentially giving DUFC any hope by risking a defeat to us three days previous?

Would not expect us to beat them anyway, but us turning in a five star show, and them having one eye on the DUFC game, and who knows? Franchise F.C. just gubbed them, so a bit of momentum lost. No point in risking it further by playing the navy blue unpredictables.

Guest Back Post Misses
I'll give you the fact he has a winning attitude, however it's a sad day when an outfield pro footballer is better with his hands than he is with his feet. He's rank fechin rotten and has no place in our team IMO. Put him in the same taxi as Loy for me.

Since he has been captain we have won 8 out of 11 games and he has played CH in them all.

He is no superstar, I am not claiming he is but he is a decent defender at CH.

47 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Since he has been captain we have won 8 out of 11 games and he has played CH in them all.

He is no superstar, I am not claiming he is but he is a decent defender at CH.

This 11 game stat.....   I would venture that this is way much more to do with finally having goalscorers in the team rather than new found form because of anything Muirhead has contributed in the last eleven games.

Lets go back to the 11 games before the 11 games you quote. In those games, the defence was arguably performing better as they conceded only 12 goals as opposed to the 15 or so in your 11 game stat........and against far superior opposition....no Brechin doubles or Cove Rangers games.

The real difference is scoring 23 goals in your 11 games, as opposed to scoring 6 previously, and with the defence conceding even more goals since your Muirhead as captain piece  I think it’s not realistic to attribute that improvement in results because Muirhead is captain, or any improvement whatsoever in defensive effectiveness. In fact, I would say Muirhead’s contribution to those wins is about as slight as it could be.

This 11 game stat.....   I would venture that this is way much more to do with finally having goalscorers in the team rather than new found form because of anything Muirhead has contributed in the last eleven games.
Lets go back to the 11 games before the 11 games you quote. In those games, the defence was arguably performing better as they conceded only 12 goals as opposed to the 15 or so in your 11 game stat........and against far superior opposition....no Brechin doubles or Cove Rangers games.
The real difference is scoring 23 goals in your 11 games, as opposed to scoring 6 previously, and with the defence conceding even more goals since your Muirhead as captain piece  I think it’s not realistic to attribute that improvement in results because Muirhead is captain, or any improvement whatsoever in defensive effectiveness. In fact, I would say Muirhead’s contribution to those wins is about as slight as it could be.

It’s not really like for like comparison though. We have changed from a 4 5 1 to a 3 5 2 which should mean scoring more but being potentially more exposed at the back.

Aye, but that’s stats for you. I think it’s much more grounded than making a case for improving results being because of Muirhead. It’s down to fact that we have goalscorers in the team, not because Muirhead has somehow galvanised the team (or even the defence).

Credit should sit with Hartley. I don’t think Muirhead is even significant in our improvement.

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

See Morton have just won 1-0 at Dumbarton. Probably means if we win on Saturday we are pretty much safe. The downside is we are now nine points behind fourth placed Morton who have a game in hand...

I would be happy with beating dunfermline near the end of the season, preventing them from finishing 4th and leap frogging them as it would give me immense pleasure chuckling at the fifers I know about us finishing above them in our worst season ever.

I would be happy with beating dunfermline near the end of the season, preventing them from finishing 4th and leap frogging them as it would give me immense pleasure chuckling at the fifers I know about us finishing above them in our worst season ever.

I don’t think Dunfermline will finish fourth anyway unless Morton chuck it. Mind you they do also have a tendency to chuck it at this stage....

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

I don’t think Dunfermline will finish fourth anyway unless Morton chuck it. Mind you they do also have a tendency to chuck it at this stage....

True, but since we probably wont finish 4th the next best thing is spoiling someone else's party.

Aye, but that’s stats for you. I think it’s much more grounded than making a case for improving results being because of Muirhead. It’s down to fact that we have goalscorers in the team, not because Muirhead has somehow galvanised the team (or even the defence).
Credit should sit with Hartley. I don’t think Muirhead is even significant in our improvement.

Tbh, I don’t think he’s a terrible defender. I just don’t think he’s a great one either.
My main concern about him is his appalling distribution more than anything else. I guess you could argue that that’s led to the opposition picking up the ball in midfield leading to losing goals, but I’d need to track back through a lot of games to confirm that...