The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses
Have we ever played with that combination?  I think it’s no coincidence that Longridges form appears to have slumped since being pushed back into midfield. He’s not very effective there IMO, and he’s more the type of foil I’d have up top with Jak or Nelson. I don’t think they’d work at all tbh but happy to be proven wrong. 

No coincidence IMO Longridge has gone quiet since Loy got back into to side

Guest Back Post Misses
Muirhead is definitely Falkirk’s Marmite player. BPM sees him as integral to next season because he is versatile.
For me, Muirhead and versatility means he is pretty awful in a number of defensive positions.
I just cannot get that a player so completely unable to retain possession is crucial to our future. I don’t question his heart or commitment, but he tends just to give possession straight back to the opposition, and he has escaped serious scrutiny as to how often his giving away the ball has led to giving away goals. Doubtless we have had worse centre backs with the ball at their feet, but not too many, and certainly none that have been part of a successful side. Christ he makes big DD look like Franz Beckenbauer.

No I don’t I see him as a part of the set up because of his attitude and will to win. He is a CH end of.

14 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

No I don’t I see him as a part of the set up because of his attitude and will to win. He is a CH end of.

I'll give you the fact he has a winning attitude, however it's a sad day when an outfield pro footballer is better with his hands than he is with his feet. He's rank fechin rotten and has no place in our team IMO. Put him in the same taxi as Loy for me.

10 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Aye but thats because the two of them have scored exactly the same number of league goals this season as Nelson.

O'Hara yet to score for us which is a shocking record.

I don't think he will live up to hype that was around years ago, I think he'd have to 're-invent into a wide player with pace to continue playing at a decent level.

I personally don't think he'll be with us next season

1 minute ago, MrDust said:

I don't think he will live up to hype that was around years ago, I think he'd have to 're-invent into a wide player with pace to continue playing at a decent level.

A modern day Scott Shepherd.

9 minutes ago, MrDust said:

6 minutes ago, JinkyBairn said:

A modern day Scott Shepherd.

I agree with both of this, even when he was on loan he only started performing when he was moved out left I think. Problem we've got is that we don't play wingers and he must be our 5th choice striker at the moment so probably needs another loan to prove if he'll make it. Just like oor Scott...

11 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

In saying all that, still never seen a better penalty taker....emoji3.png

Muirhead is an absolute liability at the back he can't tackle, head a ball, pass, poor positioning, cant make a decision that doesn't end up with us in trouble through 90 mins . The only thing he can do is take a penalty. Sorry for me should be part of the summer clear out.

Muirhead is an absolute liability at the back he can't tackle, head a ball, pass, poor positioning, cant make a decision that doesn't end up with us in trouble through 90 mins . The only thing he can do is take a penalty. Sorry for me should be part of the summer clear out.
Cant tackle??

I can accept the charge of shite passing and shite decision making, but one thing the laddie can do is tackle. Hes no Tom Taickle, but he is pretty good.

He particularly excels at ball then man which I enjoy to see. When he went out to Rb away to Morton recently I really enjoyes watching him as he clearly relished blootering Mortons LW about the place until he wisely decided to cease trying to influence the game.

1 hour ago, Senor Bairn said:

Could’ve had a hat trick in one of his first games (maybe his first?) against the ***s. Baird nicked the first which got called offside, he then hit the post, then their goalie pulled off a wonder save.

I think that performance may have been the worst thing to happen to the laddie as it put some unrealistic expectations on him? Baird's goal actually wasn't offside, lino got it wrong, although if he hadn't been so feckin greedy O'Hara would have had his first goal and may have kicked on. Who knows?

I like Muirhead in the sense he is a trier but I agree that, penalties aside, he's just not very good.  I agree with the poster who said he cant tackle, it's true.  He's a hot-head and a bit mental so people conflate that with him being a bit of a hard-case in defence but he just isn't.  Sure it was Utd in the playoff where he bricked it for the goal allowing Murray in to score...

Like Shagger says, O'Hara could have kicked on that day had he scored when he first burst onto the scene but he didn't, and his chance has gone.  He can go along with Sheps and Loy at the end of the season.  We need to look to win the league next season and the focus needs to be on quality, not quantity.  There is no room for passengers like Muirhead, Sheps, O'Hara, Harris, Henderson, Kidd etc  Hopefully there is another mini overhaul of the squad in the summer to build on the quality we do already have in the squad.

3 hours ago, Stuperman01 said:

I always gave muirhead the benefit of the doubt when he played right back as that wasn't really his preferred position but he always gave it a go. Now that he's been given a decent run at centrehalf where he actually looks worse than he did at right back I'm beginning to realise hes simply a shit footballer. You cant fault his effort and his penalties are top drawer but he's simply not good enough if we're going to be looking to win the league next season.

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

I think there's a good chance that Hartley may want to keep him as cover for the simple reason that we'll be on a fairly strict budget and he can fill a couple of positions. We certainly need another couple of CD's though.

It's all downloads nowadays