The Falkirk FC Thread

The problem with Nelson is that whilat you cant fault his effort his finishing is utterly abysmal and thats a problem when your a striker.  I had hoped after he got his first one he would've pushed on but he's missed a few sitters since too.  The Yak does what a striker is played to do and thats put the ball in the back of the onion bag.

Would still be in the team before Loy and OHara tbh.

Heard Tam Cowan asking why Falkirk fans are signing a song about him. I’m unaware of it but was curious to discover if true? And why? He tried to offer a reason why he had a soft spot for Falkirk. It caught my attention as unusually for him it wasn’t him talking about Motherwell.

9- Chance! Alex Harris drives forward from midfield, before slipping the ball wide to Conor Langton who side foots a low drive just wide of the target from the edge of the area. #COYB

Why is this man not in our first team. Harris the dynamo

Harris can do things like this, then the next comment will be, ‘10 Harris looks a dead cert to win a 50/50 ball but he jumps out of the tackle allowing the opposition to take possession and score’

On 18/02/2018 at 16:15, Back Post Misses said:

I assume you mean Watford?

Anyway I would keep

Hazard (if we can)
Muirhead
McGhee
Robson
Sibbs
Kidd
Taiwo
Nelson (if we can)
The Jak (if we can)
Longridge
O’Hara

Unsure about Tumilty

Release

Thomson
Grant
Watson
Blair
Loy (if someone would take him)
McKee (if someone would take him)
Harris (if someone would take him)
Mutch
And all the others out on loan

That would allow Hartley to bring in and 7/8 in the summer taking us up to about 19/20 players if you add a couple of kids.

Pretty much agree with this, although I would add O'hara and hazard to my not sure list along with tumilty. They both still have a chance to convince me but I am not sure we should be shooting to win the league next year with a kid in goals unless he shows he is amazing and O'Hara doesn't look that convincing to me.

If Jak is out of contract at Watford in the summer and they don't want to offer him a new deal it would make sense to try and sign him, for him as well as us. He could get basically guaranteed first team football and the chance at promotion or a move which would be better in the long run instead of constant loan moves or development games.

Add a few decent new guys and we could have a good squad.

Pretty much agree with this, although I would add O'hara and hazard to my not sure list along with tumilty. They both still have a chance to convince me but I am not sure we should be shooting to win the league next year with a kid in goals unless he shows he is amazing and O'Hara doesn't look that convincing to me.
If Jak is out of contract at Watford in the summer and they don't want to offer him a new deal it would make sense to try and sign him, for him as well as us. He could get basically guaranteed first team football and the chance at promotion or a move which would be better in the long run instead of constant loan moves or development games.

Jaks contract is up in 2020 so a season long loan probably the best option if we want to keep him.

Keep Muirhead????? Really?....

34 minutes ago, Stuperman01 said:

Keep Muirhead????? Really?....

Muirhead drives me mental, I genuinely can't believe we played him at right back for a couple of years (and finished 2nd in the process). He cannot pass the ball, he's a professional footballer who plays football every day and he can't pass it 2 yards. Wouldn't be so bad if we didn't pass it round our defenders so often.

Hartley has made him captain so I think he might be here next season.

Muirhead is definitely Falkirk’s Marmite player. BPM sees him as integral to next season because he is versatile.

For me, Muirhead and versatility means he is pretty awful in a number of defensive positions.

I just cannot get that a player so completely unable to retain possession is crucial to our future. I don’t question his heart or commitment, but he tends just to give possession straight back to the opposition, and he has escaped serious scrutiny as to how often his giving away the ball has led to giving away goals. Doubtless we have had worse centre backs with the ball at their feet, but not too many, and certainly none that have been part of a successful side. Christ he makes big DD look like Franz Beckenbauer.

Muirhead is definitely Falkirk’s Marmite player. BPM sees him as integral to next season because he is versatile.
For me, Muirhead and versatility means he is pretty awful in a number of defensive positions.
I just cannot get that a player so completely unable to retain possession is crucial to our future. I don’t question his heart or commitment, but he tends just to give possession straight back to the opposition, and he has escaped serious scrutiny as to how often his giving away the ball has led to giving away goals. Doubtless we have had worse centre backs with the ball at their feet, but not too many, and certainly none that have been part of a successful side. Christ he makes big DD look like Franz Beckenbauer.

In saying all that, still never seen a better penalty taker....[emoji3]

If it was a choice between keeping Grant or Muirhead, Grant would be out the door.