The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses

I haven’t been too impressed with Hazard so far but to be fair it’s early days...

He has now played 3 senior games in his life. He will only improve

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

I assume you mean Watford?

Anyway I would keep

Hazard (if we can)
Muirhead
McGhee
Robson
Sibbs
Kidd
Taiwo
Nelson (if we can)
The Jak (if we can)
Longridge
O’Hara

Unsure about Tumilty

Release

Thomson
Grant
Watson
Blair
Loy (if someone would take him)
McKee (if someone would take him)
Harris (if someone would take him)
Mutch
And all the others out on loan

That would allow Hartley to bring in and 7/8 in the summer taking us up to about 19/20 players if you add a couple of kids.

Quite sure I’d be looking to keep Tumilty unless Don Paul thinks he can do better. It’s been a problem area for years and he fits the bill for me. 

Pretty much agree with your list but would only take Nelson if he was fairly cheap. Still very  rough and would rather we went for a physical presence with a bit more experience tbh. I wouldn’t be taking Yak and Nelson for sure (might not be possible to get either though, I accept) 

Quite sure I’d be looking to keep Tumilty unless Don Paul thinks he can do better. It’s been a problem area for years and he fits the bill for me. 
Pretty much agree with your list but would only take Nelson if he was fairly cheap. Still very  rough and would rather we went for a physical presence with a bit more experience tbh. I wouldn’t be taking Yak and Nelson for sure (might not be possible to get either though, I accept) 

I am guessing you mean you “would” take Yak and Nelson...

17 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I am guessing you mean you “would” take Yak and Nelson...

I assumed he meant he wouldn't take Jak AND Nelson - so one or the other - with a more experienced player beside them and I'd tend to agree- out of the two I'd prefer the Jak as although he's still very raw, he seems more direct and determined and may be easier to get (as comments on here suggest he's out of contract in the summer?).  If his wages aren't ridiculous, I'd definitely offer him a 2 year PCA as I think we've seen enough to believe he's worth the risk 

Edited by some_guy

2 minutes ago, some_guy said:

I assumed he meant he wouldn't take Jak AND Nelson - so one or the other - with a more experienced player beside them and I'd tend to agree- out of the two I'd prefer the Jak as although he's still very raw, he seems more direct and determined and may be easier to get (as comments on here suggest he's out of contract in the summer?).  If his wages aren't ridiculous, I'd definitely offer him a 2 year PCA as I think we've seen enough to believe he's worth the risk 

Yes, totally this.

2 minutes ago, some_guy said:

On showings so far would also say Jak’s finishing is better. His movement can be odd at times though.

4 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

On showings so far would also say Jak’s finishing is better. His movement can be odd at times though.

This is something that can only be worked on by coaching - being a contracted player of a settled team rather than being farmed out on loan constantly could only improve this! 

I personally prefer Nelson as a player and think that he's actually the more direct of the two. I feel that he would have given the Brechin defence a harder time yesterday. It's all about goals however and it's Jakubiak that's getting them so I could have no complaints if he was picked when down to a straight choice. Ideally I would like both to stay though with either a completely rejuvenated Loy or a first pick more experienced guy in the mix too.

Guest Back Post Misses
Sorry wasn’t clear. No I wouldn’t be taking both is what I was trying to say. I’d take one or the other.

Totally different players.

If both are fit they must play at Ibrox for me.

No pea hearts like Loy in that game.

37 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Totally different players.

If both are fit they must play at Ibrox for me.

No pea hearts like Loy in that game.

Have we ever played with that combination?  I think it’s no coincidence that Longridges form appears to have slumped since being pushed back into midfield. He’s not very effective there IMO, and he’s more the type of foil I’d have up top with Jak or Nelson. I don’t think they’d work at all tbh but happy to be proven wrong. 

Edited by BountyBairn

25 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

Have we ever played with that combination?  I think it’s no coincidence that Longridges form appears to have slumped since being pushed back into midfield. He’s not very effective there IMO, and he’s more the type of foil I’d gave up top with Jak or Nelson. I don’t think they’d work at all tbh but happy to be proven wrong. 

Aye, I'd play Longridge up with Nelson initially with an extra body (probably McKee) in midfield.

Aye, I'd play Longridge up with Nelson initially with an extra body (probably McKee) in midfield.

I thought that combination was particularly effective against Dundee United. The two players linked really well even though Nelson did not score in the match.
However, it’s hard to see how we could exclude the Yak on current form.

39 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I thought that combination was particularly effective against Dundee United. The two players linked really well even though Nelson did not score in the match.
However, it’s hard to see how we could exclude the Yak on current form.

I would agree as far as the league is concerned but I think it's horses for courses at Greyskull. 

The problem with Nelson is that whilat you cant fault his effort his finishing is utterly abysmal and thats a problem when your a striker.  I had hoped after he got his first one he would've pushed on but he's missed a few sitters since too.  The Yak does what a striker is played to do and thats put the ball in the back of the onion bag.

Edited by Shadwell Dog