The Falkirk FC Thread

We should be confident going into next Saturday's game so I probably want a Dumbarton win on Tuesday night.
Finishing anywhere above 8th should be seen as a real achievement for Hartleys new look squad and the closer we can get to the playoffs the better. Don't think we'll make 4th unfortunately but a few more wins and who knows?

Agree. Been trying to work it out and I reckon we would need around 52-54 points which is probably just about out of reach given that we have 33 points left to play for and have 29.

32 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Agree. Been trying to work it out and I reckon we would need around 52-54 points which is probably just about out of reach given that we have 33 points left to play for and have 29.

Sure Morton's 52 is the lowest pts total for fourth since play offs started.

It would take Brechin, Dumbarton and ourselves going on long win runs

Tbh I don't see either of the three doing so, we will do enough and that's all that matters

Edited by MrDust

Sure Morton's 52 is the lowest pts total for fourth since play offs started.
It would take Brechin, Dumbarton and ourselves going on long win runs
Tbh I don't see either of the three doing so, we will do enough and that's all that matters

If you just pro-rata the current table, Dunfermline and QoS would finish on 51 points with ICT just behind around 50 points. Morton are the best placed and would be on 54-55 points. The thing is that the competition for fourth place is so healthy I can see them all taking points off each other, and I think they will struggle against the top three who are opening a gap. If we went on a run they would not be picking up the easy points they got from us pre-Xmas either so their average would also drop there.
So I agree I think it’s probably too far (I did say a week or so ago that we probably needed the twelve points from Livvy, Brechin twice and Dumbarton). However it’s not impossible yet, so I’d like to think we are still aiming optimistically...

one of the positive things is that we seem to win or lose not many draws so our average points totals are very good since the turn of the year. draws suck the points averages down you are better going all out for a win and sometimes losing which is where we seem to be

If you just pro-rata the current table, Dunfermline and QoS would finish on 51 points with ICT just behind around 50 points. Morton are the best placed and would be on 54-55 points. The thing is that the competition for fourth place is so healthy I can see them all taking points off each other, and I think they will struggle against the top three who are opening a gap. If we went on a run they would not be picking up the easy points they got from us pre-Xmas either so their average would also drop there.
So I agree I think it’s probably too far (I did say a week or so ago that we probably needed the twelve points from Livvy, Brechin twice and Dumbarton). However it’s not impossible yet, so I’d like to think we are still aiming optimistically...
pundits on the BBC radio were discussing this yesterday and who would get the play off spots. they felt it was too much for us to make it but the sheer fact we were included in the discussion for promotion play offs shows how much we have improved points wise

one of the positive things is that we seem to win or lose not many draws so our average points totals are very good since the turn of the year. draws suck the points averages down you are better going all out for a win and sometimes losing which is where we seem to be

So eight wins and three defeats and we make the play-offs. Which is exactly our current form...

I’d want to keep Yak (but we can’t) Robson, Nelson, Longridge, McGhee (although he is marginal), Sibbs (who probably hasn’t done quite enough to earn a decent move), Taiwo.
Really not fussed about the rest, and we absolutely definitely need to address our horrible central defence.
Whoever comes in, we need aerial presence, and some real drive in midfield.

Guest Back Post Misses
Jak has had a good few loan deals. Should he perform here, then Hartley can convince Norwich we will up our level, maybe he could do a full season?

I assume you mean Watford?

Anyway I would keep

Hazard (if we can)
Muirhead
McGhee
Robson
Sibbs
Kidd
Taiwo
Nelson (if we can)
The Jak (if we can)
Longridge
O’Hara

Unsure about Tumilty

Release

Thomson
Grant
Watson
Blair
Loy (if someone would take him)
McKee (if someone would take him)
Harris (if someone would take him)
Mutch
And all the others out on loan

That would allow Hartley to bring in and 7/8 in the summer taking us up to about 19/20 players if you add a couple of kids.

Jak has had a good few loan deals. Should he perform here, then Hartley can convince Norwich we will up our level, maybe he could do a full season?

I doubt he’ll have to convince anyone to send him back up here as he’s out of contract in the summer.

After 6 loan moves and no contract by January I’m guessing he’s not got a future there.

2 year deal on the table for him ASAP please.

I assume you mean Watford?

Anyway I would keep

Hazard (if we can)
Muirhead
McGhee
Robson
Sibbs
Kidd
Taiwo
Nelson (if we can)
The Jak (if we can)
Longridge
O’Hara

Unsure about Tumilty

Release

Thomson
Grant
Watson
Blair
Loy (if someone would take him)
McKee (if someone would take him)
Harris (if someone would take him)
Mutch
And all the others out on loan

That would allow Hartley to bring in and 7/8 in the summer taking us up to about 19/20 players if you add a couple of kids.

I haven’t been too impressed with Hazard so far but to be fair it’s early days...

2 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I’d want to keep Yak (but we can’t) Robson, Nelson, Longridge, McGhee (although he is marginal), Sibbs (who probably hasn’t done quite enough to earn a decent move), Taiwo.
Really not fussed about the rest, and we absolutely definitely need to address our horrible central defence.
Whoever comes in, we need aerial presence, and some real drive in midfield.

McGhee is marginal folks. 

He wasn’t great yesterday but overall he’s comfortably in my squad.
Yeah, Taiwo had a poor game recently. He is still comfortably the most important player we have. McGhee is a Rolls Royce in this division and thats despite playing in a defence made up of rockets.

2 hours ago, Trump said:

Very early to be discussing this perhaps but as it looks unlikely (although not impossible) that we will reach the playoffs, provided we stay in the division, who would you lot keep for next season? And who would you let go?

I would keep Hazard, McGhee, Robson, Tumilty, Tawio, Sibbs, Longridge, Nelson & Jakubiak and still think that McKee could maybe offer something. I've a feeling that Hartley may keep Muirhead due to his versatility and of course may struggle to move those with longer contracts on.

I reluctantly want Morton to beat Dumbarton as I think we're going to have a fair few defeats yet and would prefer to be as far away from the bottom as possible.