The Falkirk FC Thread

14 hours ago, 60`s bairn said:

Ahhh, it was only the last season that he split the fans, management & players, sorry you didn`t make that clear in your earlier post. What exactly did he do to cause that. The only thing I remember that caused a split in the last season was certain members of the Trust sending a letter to the Board asking for his sacking. Now that caused a split with the board & fans..is that what you`re referring to?

That letter probably had part of the blame, tho it was clearly out there that the bairnstrust letter wasn't the view of the majority of the Falkirk fans.

Yogi was under pressure pre that letter and the them and us was lingering afore that. He did the exact same at Inverness.

I still feel it took till we had to play the kids 3 seasons later that the divide was gone, the board share some blame but it started way back with Yogi.

If you want to find pictures of the challenge cup win with the kids and compare them to Inverness, I'm sure you'd find it night and day with a piddly cup that is a nothing cup versus top league safety

5 minutes ago, MrDust said:

That letter probably had part of the blame, tho it was clearly out there that the bairnstrust letter wasn't the view of the majority of the Falkirk fans.

Yogi was under pressure pre that letter and the them and us was lingering afore that. He did the exact same at Inverness.

I still feel it took till we had to play the kids 3 seasons later that the divide was gone, the board share some blame but it started way back with Yogi.

If you want to find pictures of the challenge cup win with the kids and compare them to Inverness, I'm sure you'd find it night and day with a piddly cup that is a nothing cup versus top league safety

I understand what you`re saying, its just that I genuinely didn`t feel that split. I know for a fact that some of the players were angry re the Trust letter, whether that contributed or not to the way they reacted I don`t know. I think it`s probably a lot more complex than just blaming this person or that.

27 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

I understand what you`re saying, its just that I genuinely didn`t feel that split. I know for a fact that some of the players were angry re the Trust letter, whether that contributed or not to the way they reacted I don`t know. I think it`s probably a lot more complex than just blaming this person or that.

Probably more complex than for any of us to pinpoint to the exact point but having done the same at ICT gives more an indication that's in his locker....to quote one of Yogis well used phrases.

A better manager would've united everyone, without fans, you don't have a club

16 minutes ago, MrDust said:

without fans, you don't have a club

That`s a fact 100%. I`ve watched Falkirk since the early 60`s and every manager, no matter how good, will eventually outstay his welcome as far as the fans are concerned. If you`ve got sense, you`ll get out before that happens as with JJ. Sometimes, it overtakes you just as we`ve seen recently.

So here’s a predicament.
Dumbarton v Morton on Tuesday night.
We are six points off Morton who are fourth (although they have two games in hand) but nine points ahead of the Sons (who have three games in hand).
Who do we want to win on Tuesday?
Cue, ‘don’t care’ as default response....

So here’s a predicament.
We are six points off Morton who are fourth (although they have two games in hand) but nine points ahead of the Sons (who have three games in hand).
Draw. Safety needs to be first priority

So here’s a predicament.

Just want to get as far away from the bottom of the league as possible.

So here’s a predicament.
call me greedy but I want Dumbarton to win

We need to continue current form for another six games before we even talk about playoffs.

Tbh, I think if we beat Dumbarton on Saturday (and that’s a big if based on recent performances), I would think it would be difficult for Sons to come back. We’d be on 32 points with 10 games remaining. I’d expect us to get well past 40 points from that position which would probably be beyond Sons.

Tbh, I think if we beat Dumbarton on Saturday (and that’s a big if based on recent performances), I would think it would be difficult for Sons to come back. We’d be on 32 points with 10 games remaining. I’d expect us to get well past 40 points from that position which would probably be beyond Sons.
I agree. We just need to concentrate on our form and see where it takes us. Should manage safety comfortably but getting further up the league will mean having to win some really tough games.

32 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I think Dumbartons involvement with the B&Q cup has cemented their 9th finish, it's hard enough being full time cramming all the games in of which they'll have another after reaching the final

I think Dumbartons involvement with the B&Q cup has cemented their 9th finish, it's hard enough being full time cramming all the games in of which they'll have another after reaching the final

Indeed.

I’d imagine they get home today after last nights games, they then play Tuesday (usually when they train) train on Thursday, game on Saturday and game the next again Tuesday.

We should be confident going into next Saturday's game so I probably want a Dumbarton win on Tuesday night.
Finishing anywhere above 8th should be seen as a real achievement for Hartleys new look squad and the closer we can get to the playoffs the better. Don't think we'll make 4th unfortunately but a few more wins and who knows?