The Falkirk FC Thread

5 hours ago, BountyBairn said:

Would be good to get a higher allocation, but I doubt we’d take 3000, doubt we’d get more than 1500 as lots of folk just wont go there, or wouldn’t take their kids.

Anyone at the 8-1 thrashing we got of Celtic reserves in the league cup? We were getting pumped stupid and still sang our hearts out for the whole game. 

I was there and loved the huge cheer when we scored and the we're gonna win 7-6 song after it

Ross Wallace was outstanding that night for Celtic and I think the only non international player of the Celtic so called reserve squad that also had a world cup winner and champions league winner in the 11 and five internationalists on the bench.

13 hours ago, BountyBairn said:

Would be good to get a higher allocation, but I doubt we’d take 3000, doubt we’d get more than 1500 as lots of folk just wont go there, or wouldn’t take their kids.

At some point the commentator will mention what a great occasion this is for Falkirk fans in a non condescending way

13 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

4.15 Sunday it is then

Honestly in two minds about attending this one, such is my ever growing hate for the Old Firm and everything about them. I know I will think different as it approaches, but the thought of getting skelped out the cup and being surrounded by those fucking mutants doesnt seem like a fun Sunday afternoon leading into evening. 

1 hour ago, wee_bairn said:

That 8-1 game was one I blanked out for sure. Although I do remember when we scored our goal which was already at the 7-0 or 8-0 stage which was celebrated with a chorus of 'Oh this is so fucking easy!'. I'm sure it was Thomson who scored.

It was indeed Andy Thomson who scored. I can also remember the crowd chanting "next goal the winner".

Honestly in two minds about attending this one, such is my ever growing hate for the Old Firm and everything about them. I know I will think different as it approaches, but the thought of getting skelped out the cup and being surrounded by those fucking mutants doesnt seem like a fun Sunday afternoon leading into evening. 

Abusing absolute f**k out of the hordes of smelly mutant ***s is the only reason I’m half keen for this game. Can’t see anything other than us getting scudded but laughing at them will get me through the game.

15 hours ago, Rugster said:

It wasn't a back pass, Campbell lost possession up the park to that wee Brazilian who's name I cant  remember. Played for Middlesbrough 

Aye, I think it's coming back to me. Did Campbell not try to dribble his way past a forward when he should just have lumped it forward?

10 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Aye, I think it's coming back to me. Did Campbell not try to dribble his way past a forward when he should just have lumped it forward?

f**k I can't remember that amount of detail! I was dribbling myself!

Evander Snos pen is one of the worst you'll ever see. The boy was visibly bricking it before he took it. Nae surprise hes playing amateur these days.  Good to see Kenny Miller making a cant of himself against us for a change too.

Pretty sure the guy had a heart Attack about 7 years ago and then nearly got done for assault and manslaughter. Retired 2017 I think.

£24 is pretty reasonable given that they are barely making payroll in each of the last three months. Fair play to Parks the busman. At least he is actually putting in the money that King pretends to put in.

7 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

I'm sure he lost the ball 10 yards into their half and he was the last man. Yogi went gung ho and we got a severe lesson.

49 minutes ago, DCBairn said:

Good job on the video. We had some real quality in that team and also looked much leaner and fitter than we do now. It made me realise that I really didn't appreciate that team as much as I should have done!

Yeah, enjoyed watching that again. GIRU either of them at their own midden is just the biz...

wee Paddy Cregg was at his best that season - it may be cliche bingo, but words like dig, mobility, graft, box to box, etc etc were pretty damn accurate for him then. Exactly the type we’ve been missing the past few seasons.

And although he was pretty quiet in that particular game,  god I really miss watching Latapy. Def one of my top 5 Bairns. 

So, McLeish it is... poor Yogi; flashing his tatty old knickers yet again,  but even the gormless SFA blazers weren’t interested in his brazen self-promoting baloney. :1eye

Back to the emulsion for you, painter man. Maybe get a gig at the Shire next season, if they’re really desperate . :lol:

So, McLeish it is... poor Yogi; flashing his tatty old knickers yet again,  but even the gormless SFA blazers weren’t interested in his brazen self-promoting baloney. :1eye

Back to the emulsion for you, painter man. Maybe get a gig at the Shire next season, if they’re really desperate . :lol:

Funny, isn’t it, how hostile so many of us have become towards Hughes?

He was a good servant to us as a player, and we also had one of the most successful periods under him as a manager.

Must admit he has a tendency to rile me too from time to time.

However, what is it that’s made him so disliked amongst our support? Arrogance, misuse of cash on certain players or the 2015 Cup final?

Cue the response of ‘because he’s a f*****g halfwit’ or worse...

Because he's a long line of  managers that thought they were better than they were, fecked off and did nothing but fail. He's pretty much tried to rewrite his managerial career in order to get the Scotland job. He never stopped talking about how he was using Falkirk to move on with his career. That went well.