The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Falkirk were known as the Little Rangers for a while.  Certain Foundries, lets say tended to lean a certain way. Sad but true

While I've never denied there are a number of our supporters who have a "big team", this Little Rangers sounds a load of bollocks to me.

On 08/02/2018 at 18:37, ajwffc said:

I saw this game in Sportsers because I had been at a party the night before and decided that carrying on drinking was a better option than going to the game.

There was a Celtic fan going mental at the bar saying that this result proved Scottish football was corrupt and the wee teams only try against Celtic. One of the few highlights of a grim season.

13 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

I caught the Real radio phone in the Monday after and in true style because Celtic didn't win then it was somebody's fault. 

The ref got a fair bit of the blame for it but the queue of Celtic fans waiting to call in was incredible.

You can't beat the old firm fans for slavering. I was in a pub before the 2-2 game at ibrox listening to the "there's no competition" patter then going back to the car after they were absolutely fuming "McLeish must go!!" 

Some deluded Hoop was slavering on my cousin's FB that the defeat at Killie was the worst he's seen in 40 years.
Aye sure, worse than being pumped by ICT. Twice.
Or away to Clyde in the cup.
Or even the defeat at Hearts this season.

Utter melts both sides of the c**t-line

39 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Some deluded Hoop was slavering on my cousin's FB that the defeat at Killie was the worst he's seen in 40 years.
Aye sure, worse than being pumped by ICT. Twice.
Or away to Clyde in the cup.
Or even the defeat at Hearts this season.

Utter melts both sides of the c**t-line

They treat every defeat like this, because of their perceived divine right to win every game. Anytime they are roundly thumped by someone they see as being less than themselves, it's some sort of travesty or disgrace that has occurred. Both hilarious and cringeworthy in equal measure. The **** have taken it up a notch, as they have with all their other delusions, as they struggle desperately to convince us all that they are the same club. They now celebrate hard, #remember harder, and are stauncher than ever before! Be grateful for it, it makes you c***s seem almost decent!

20 hours ago, Gaz said:

While I've never denied there are a number of our supporters who have a "big team", this Little Rangers sounds a load of bollocks to me.

Was in the late 50's and 60's, there were close ties with Rangers in fact can remember Falkirk signing 5 Rangers players in the mid 60's Ralph Brand was one of them I think. When Falkirk were in another relegation struggle.  The title Little Rangers was a name given to Falkirk by other teams.  Hard to believe I know but it happened. It's in the past but a warning to huckle  any knuckle draggers that start that nonsense  in the Falkirk support out the stadium.

Ralph Brand? I remember his laddie being an estate agent in Falkirk, but don’t remember him turning out for Falkirk. He was a big time player for Rangers and Man City, so I don’t quite understand how he is supposed to have signed for us given that he was second choice to the wonderful Denis Law for the Scotland centre forward role.

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Was in the late 50's and 60's, there were close ties with Rangers in fact can remember Falkirk signing 5 Rangers players in the mid 60's Ralph Brand was one of them I think. When Falkirk were in another relegation struggle.  The title Little Rangers was a name given to Falkirk by other teams.  Hard to believe I know but it happened. It's in the past but a warning to huckle  any knuckle draggers that start that nonsense  in the Falkirk support out the stadium.

Nope. I'm not buying it. My auld man was a Falkirk supporter who had a soft spot for Rangers as well. If this was the case he'd have told me about it, given how often I used to moan about folk like him with a big team!

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Just re-read this. Ralph Brand signing for Falkirk :lol:

Edited by Gaz

3 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

I started going to games in 1962 as a kid and don`t recall any close relationship with Rangers and we certainly never signed Ralph Brand. We did pick up a few Rangers rejects in the latter part of the 60`s but it was over a number of seasons. Craig Watson, Alex Ferguson and Denis Setterington spring to mind.

13 hours ago, Gaz said:

Nope. I'm not buying it. My auld man was a Falkirk supporter who had a soft spot for Rangers as well. If this was the case he'd have told me about it, given how often I used to moan about folk like him with a big team!

The point I was making Jinky. It was not what the Falkirk support thought or called itself. It was how Falkirk was look on by other clubs support.