The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

He could/should be. But this season he has performed like an absolute shitebag, and Hartley presumably chose to bring Blair in.  

Aye, I know; I was meaning just for yesterday though when we were chasing the game. 

In the limited time that I've seen him I would say that Blair is more of a defensive midfielder and I'm assuming that he may have thought that McKee would have offered more in an attacking sense in the short time that he was on?

32 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

We really do have some utter fucking wallopers in our support.

We had a pretty grim performance yesterday but this has come after a run of fairly decent performances and results and yet there were some pretty wild shouts aimed at Hartley yesterday as well as the semi literate dross posted on the facebook sites.

Its a poor state of affairs when your team is not very good but your supporters piss you off more than the football on show.

I think the major disappointment for some of us was that we knew how this game was going to pan out if we tried to play them at their own game.  Basically exactly the same way as last September.

21 minutes ago, Livilion28 said:

I hope the rumours aren’t true that you lot are trying to sign our midfield pair pittman and Byrne. Would be devastated to see them leave 

I'd be very happy to see them don the #navyblue.

Maybe pop in a wee offer to Hardie when he gets the bump from Sevco in the summer.

7 hours ago, bairnardinho said:

I guess I find that hard to believe in itself then

Blair did nothing first team first time around,  No one knows where he is at currently and McKee has had some decent games for us.

Blair of what I seen of his decent games in reserves here was more of a passer of the ball, neat tidy and stood out, He never got a real chance first team here much but when he did, he showed nothing to what he did in reserves.

I think we will see McKee or Blair start on tuesday, expect at least three changes, maybe more....

The knifes were sharpened with some fans yesterday, there has been improvement obviously but we still lose badly when we do, its never a tight loss, its a pure mess when we do

12 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:
19 hours ago, kevinffc said:
QUESTION!!!!!.Why do we have to have the away supporters in the main stand nearly every week. Get them to F**K in the north stand........

or if we do this let the South stand fans move round the east side at half time to gain our advantage when sides increasingly make us shoot South first half now. queens Morton and livvi doing this now as their fans are few and in the main stand anyway. they've all sussed we don't win as many games shooting in that order. we need to give ourselves any afvantagecwe can

Quite agree mate. Why don't you drop the club a wee email to ask the question?

We really do have some utter fucking wallopers in our support.

We had a pretty grim performance yesterday but this has come after a run of fairly decent performances and results and yet there were some pretty wild shouts aimed at Hartley yesterday as well as the semi literate dross posted on the facebook sites.

Its a poor state of affairs when your team is not very good but your supporters piss you off more than the football on show.

Agree with this but just to ensure it’s balanced Hartley’s League record so far is 4 wins, 5 draws, and 6 defeats. Not terrible given the early period woes which some will argue was down to the players, and others, possible dressing room unrest, but not outstanding either.

Let’s just hope that we see some better tactical deployments in upcoming games and an ability to change things when it ain’t going well (e.g. yesterday).

For me it’s a B- so far but still think that’s not too bad under such difficult circumstances...

16 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Agree with this but just to ensure it’s balanced Hartley’s League record so far is 4 wins, 5 draws, and 6 defeats.

That's not balanced at all, given the majority of those games were with Houston's diddies.

That's not balanced at all, given the majority of those games were with Houston's diddies.

If we want to compare it sumtotal, he has managed the team in all of those games. Those are pretty much the same Houston dummies that finished second the season prior and won both games under Alex Smith. A few of the players have moved on to other Championship clubs and are not being lambasted for being shite (yet[emoji16]).
Hartley is doing well, but let’s not pick and choose to suit needs.