The Falkirk FC Thread

Indeed. The absolute isolation of LL (did fairly well stretching the defence) and Nelson (did hee haw) in the first half was diabolical. Things did indeed improve with Jakubiak, and after his goal Livi got a bit twitchy and sat back a lot, allowing us to actually move up the park and threaten a bit more.

But by then, of course, they'd deservedly tied up the points.

43 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Correct but why didnt hartley correct this during the last window? Too many midgets in the side.  I would've played McGhee in midfield today to try and give us a bit of strength in there.

You're very simplistic in a lot of stuff that you come out with Shadwell. You say that like he forgot to set his alarm the day that the big strong midfielders were available. I don't think it's as easy as you seem to think it is.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:
Correct but why didnt hartley correct this during the last window? Too many midgets in the side.  I would've played McGhee in midfield today to try and give us a bit of strength in there.

Thats a fairly radical, hindsight motivated change, considering Hartley played a winning team, which had recently beaten todays opponents away from home. By the sound of it, our failure to support Nelson and make the ball stick up top was as much to blame as physicality? Only going by what I have read btw. It seems we were much better when Jak came on??

We were bullied all over the park. God knows why we signed a new keeper and yet still kept that clown Thomson in either.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Lets just be clear here... Dunfermline have Wedderburn and Mvoto.

Please use better examples.

Yeah and they bullied us during the 2 0 defeat at Christmas. They might not be great footballers but then today was  a classic example again of how having too many nice footballers can work against you.  We need a big nasty b*****d in the middle of the park to do the hard stuff so the likes of sibbs can play.

27 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It's not that difficult either. Livie have them, dunfermline have them and ICT have them. All teams on smaller budgets than us. What's the point in signing Blair and Welsh who are currently adding nothing to the side. 

Well it's difficult to add anything when not on the park. Presumably you would have wanted him to sign two cloggers rather than these two as they add nothing? This would mean leaving two out from the starting 11, I'm assuming that would be Tawio & Kidd? Hartley wants us to play football rather than resort to battling teams IMO and has signed players that he thinks can do that. 

We weren't at it today, that much was obvious and we, unfortunately, got suckered into playing to Livi's strengths. Had we clicked however I think we have the players to have beaten them playing good football and I think that's the way Hartley sees it too.

I'd be interested to know too how you know that Dunfermline and ICT have smaller budgets than us?

11 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I'd make three changes for Tuesday:

Thomson > Hazard

Kidd > Blair

Nelson > Jakubiak

Hazard for sure but I'd be more inclined to bring Jakubiak in for Kidd and play Longridge behind him and Nelson. Nelson wasn't great today but always puts in a shift and is a presence up front. If we're ever going to play two proper strikers together this is surely the match to do it?

I'd make three changes for Tuesday:
Thomson > Hazard
Kidd > Blair
Nelson > Jakubiak

I’d probably be bringing in Watson for Grant as well.

QUESTION!!!!!.Why do we have to have the away supporters in the main stand nearly every week. Get them to F**K in the north stand........

Aye let’s open up a full stand for about 50 away fans. Brilliant idea.

QUESTION!!!!!.Why do we have to have the away supporters in the main stand nearly every week. Get them to F**K in the north stand........
or if we do this let the South stand fans move round the east side at half time to gain our advantage when sides increasingly make us shoot South first half now. queens Morton and livvi doing this now as their fans are few and in the main stand anyway. they've all sussed we don't win as many games shooting in that order. we need to give ourselves any afvantagecwe can

11 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Hazard for sure but I'd be more inclined to bring Jakubiak in for Kidd and play Longridge behind him and Nelson. Nelson wasn't great today but always puts in a shift and is a presence up front. If we're ever going to play two proper strikers together this is surely the match to do it?

Nelson was woeful.

Who was Livi's no18? He knew how to lead the line

or if we do this let the South stand fans move round the east side at half time to gain our advantage when sides increasingly make us shoot South first half now. queens Morton and livvi doing this now as their fans are few and in the main stand anyway. they've all sussed we don't win as many games shooting in that order. we need to give ourselves any afvantagecwe can

I am sure there’s some security or health and safety thing stopping this but it’s a good idea. I think the home team should have first choice anyway.

12 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Well it's difficult to add anything when not on the park. Presumably you would have wanted him to sign two cloggers rather than these two as they add nothing? This would mean leaving two out from the starting 11, I'm assuming that would be Tawio & Kidd? Hartley wants us to play football rather than resort to battling teams IMO and has signed players that he thinks can do that. 

We weren't at it today, that much was obvious and we, unfortunately, got suckered into playing to Livi's strengths. Had we clicked however I think we have the players to have beaten them playing good football and I think that's the way Hartley sees it too.

I'd be interested to know too how you know that Dunfermline and ICT have smaller budgets than us?

We were told at the AGM by both the bod and manager that we had the second best budget in the league.  I wouldn't have signed Blair or Welsh but instead would'e brought in a more physical midfielder. We have also got McKee so why we signed both of them is anyone's guess. Yesterday was September all over again and it seems we have learned nothing. Against teams like livie u need to win the battle first and then players like sibbs will win u the match.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

I get the impression that Welsh was bought before someone else became available that we didn't expect. Ryan Blair potentially is an extra body at no cost? Does seem strange to bring these guys in and play four other midfielders ahead of them yesterday. 

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

I get the impression that Welsh was bought before someone else became available that we didn't expect. Ryan Blair potentially is an extra body at no cost? Does seem strange to bring these guys in and play four other midfielders ahead of them yesterday. 

Reminds me of the Hughes season at ochilview when he kept on signing more and more midfielders as soon as they came available.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We were told at the AGM by both the bod and manager that we had the second best budget in the league.  I wouldn't have signed Blair or Welsh but instead would'e brought in a more physical midfielder. We have also got McKee so why we signed both of them is anyone's guess. Yesterday was September all over again and it seems we have learned nothing. Against teams like livie u need to win the battle first and then players like sibbs will win u the match.

Fair do's, didn't know that.