The Falkirk FC Thread

31 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Don't bother going then. It's the last 16 of the Scottish Cup, and is a fiver less than we'll be charging for a midweek home game to Brechin. 15 quid is perfectly reasonable. 

Don't think it'll sell out but we should take 700-800 up given our form and the fact it's a novelty. Looking forward to right gid drink for it. 

Alternatively leave the kid at home and spend the £8 on a bottle of the monks finest.

10 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Considering paying the £30 for a train ticket since the Elliot's bus is already full, be gutted if I miss this game and more importantly a full day on the drink.

Glamour tie of the round imo.

Try doubling that, adding a bit and that'll be a bit closer to the fare price.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Don't bother going then. It's the last 16 of the Scottish Cup, and is a fiver less than we'll be charging for a midweek home game to Brechin. 15 quid is perfectly reasonable. 

Don't think it'll sell out but we should take 700-800 up given our form and the fact it's a novelty. Looking forward to right gid drink for it. 

Come on its nearly double what they normally charge for a league game. Their taking the piss just because a championship side is turning up.

I got Haymarket-Aberdeen return for £35.20. Obvs need to add in a couple of returns at either end, so probably about £50 all in. Frustrating that we've had to wait so latefor the fixture announcement and that there's only 2 confirmed buses.

MWI day up north watching the PH Juggernaut though :thumsup2

Edited by lanky_ffc

5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Scouring the court pages for folk you know is about the stretch of it.

When you get to my age it's all about searching the death notices and being a little disappointed when there's nobody there that you know!

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

£15 and £8 for kids to play a highland league side. Are they having a giraffe??

Cup prices are decided by BOTH teams and if no agreement can be met then its usually the minimum price of the league that the higher placed team is in.

Harlaw Park is a bear pit with a great atmosphere. It's Junior footballs version of Brockville. Cove are a team used to winning, scoring goals and not losing them.  Will be well up for the 90 minutes.

Like any opposition whey should be respected. Falkirk should win but all it will take is 2 or 3 players thinking they just have to go through the motions for it all to go wrong.

Should be a cracking game.

Guest Back Post Misses
Scouring the court pages for folk you know is about the stretch of it.

Used to look at the marriages, then the births,
Now taking a peek at the dispatches...........

Guest Back Post Misses
Harlaw Park is a bear pit with a great atmosphere. It's Junior footballs version of Brockville. Cove are a team used to winning, scoring goals and not losing them.  Will be well up for the 90 minutes.
Like any opposition whey should be respected. Falkirk should win but all it will take is 2 or 3 players thinking they just have to go through the motions for it all to go wrong.
Should be a cracking game.

Sorry but Hartley’s juggernaut will roll these into tarmac without much fuss IMO

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

On the app, assumed he was Cove fan. 

However, as this is Paul Hartleys Falkirk, he better just be warned anyway, along with every other fucker

Damn straight. I just warned my guinea pig. She certainly won't try and nick Lord Paulo's half time treats.

4 hours ago, Jason King said:

Cup prices are decided by BOTH teams and if no agreement can be met then its usually the minimum price of the league that the higher placed team is in.

Would be surprised if we'd want to set it at 15 quid. We usually charge a tenner for cup games against non league opposition.

13 hours ago, young_bairn said:

Anybody know if Inveruries ground has an artificial pitch? Contemplating getting a shift swap for this.

Its a grass pitch.  Its also got a noticeable upward slope towards the goal closest to the turnstiles.

http://nonleaguescotland.org.uk/inverurie.htm

Edited by NorthernLights

I liked him initially when he came in against Queens, maybe because I wasn’t expecting it, but it’s time to move Kidd out of the team, at least temporarily. Offers little to nothing. At least with Sibbs and Taiwo you know what their purpose is. With McKee, Blair and Welsh (when he comes back), surely there are better options for Tuesday nights game.

That along with the keeper of course. But I just assumed that was a given.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

I liked him away at Morton too, but perhaps we just dont have the players top deal with a team the size of Livi? I guess going by their league position, not many do. They have struck upon a style that works. That style is likely to get joy agianst our midfield I suppose. That said, we have options in midfield so we must drop underperformers. 

Correct but why didnt hartley correct this during the last window? Too many midgets in the side.  I would've played McGhee in midfield today to try and give us a bit of strength in there.