The Falkirk FC Thread

Gearing up for the big push next season. It’s all or bust by the looks of things. On the DH resignation I notice he’s listed as a Director/Consultant in companies house. He’s resigned as a director but will he still be involved as a consultant? Also have we paid him or any company he’s involved with in the past?

16 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Btw thank god we got the man Sir Paul after Coyle got snapped up by County. A busted flush.

Id have backed Coyle if he got the gig but I never really wanted him, his career has been on the slide since he jumped ship at Burnley.

County obviously got the new manager bounce when he came in but thats well gone now and he is back to being the Coyle that he was in recent jobs.

We needed someone to create friction for reaction to see who was up for the fight or fuk off......

I said at the time he got the County gig, we will see them back in this division next season, not sour grapes just knew he wouldnt be up for it

47 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Screenshot_20180201-134241.thumb.png.0f77f6f4125f37d543e779a675f98ac5.png

Busy month 

The eye-catching things about the statement are the words "cost neutral", and that's before we include transfer income.

From that you could speculate that those who left didn't get much of a payoff, which almost stands to reason given that they all found new clubs quickly and often with longer contracts. Wage from new club for 18 months & reduced FFC severance  for 6 months = win win for both players & FFC. 

You could also speculate that those who've come in are on lower wages than those who've left.

It seems to have been a very good transfer window for us on all fronts.

44 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

The eye-catching things about the statement are the words "cost neutral", and that's before we include transfer income.

From that you could speculate that those who left didn't get much of a payoff, which almost stands to reason given that they all found new clubs quickly and often with longer contracts. Wage from new club for 18 months & reduced FFC severance  for 6 months = win win for both players & FFC. 

You could also speculate that those who've come in are on lower wages than those who've left.

I'd guess 6 of that list got pay offs, 3 of them a pay off won't apply.

A transfer fee for Gallacher more than wipes that out and I don't know if a token fee was involved with McBride(saying that name haunts me)

We have a huge rebuild job in the summer again but hopefully today's appointments will give us option aplenty to the previous of who got freed in Scotland

I remember when we sold higgy on the last day of the transfer window and it cost us promotion... I hope releasing hippo doesn’t cost us the Scottish cup. I’d rather have him than not, gave us something different.

As if we had the Scottish wrapped up with Hippo on the bench.

Guest Back Post Misses

I believe the loans are cheaper than the wages that have gone.