The Falkirk FC Thread

Are you happier now with Hartley?

Pretty much said that since the start of the year.

I was concerned he the early part of his tenure as, for the most part, there was little sign of improvement, and there were some doubts re the quality of some of his past signings. I think he has put that concern permanently to bed now though.

It is funny, mind you, how so many of our views can change so quickly. Remember the stick Longridge was getting from many on here after 2-3 games? Now he looks like one of our best signings in ages and shows determination and passion that so few of the previous squad players exhibited.

I remember when we sold higgy on the last day of the transfer window and it cost us promotion... I hope releasing hippo doesn’t cost us the Scottish cup. I’d rather have him than not, gave us something different.

I think we need to recognise that whilst Hartley may also want to retain players we also need to balance the budget.
I think he hinted that he wanted to bring in eight and release around 14. He can’t be far off that now.
However 14 is a lot to get rid off in such a short period of time and he probably can’t bring in any more unless he can shift others.

I'd still have liked to have seen hippo play where sibbald is playing now, think it would have been interesting - but that would have been next season.

If he was not gonna take a contract at falkirk and move on to st mirren anyway at the end of the season.... I can see why we saved the wage.  Lets just hope sibbald doesn't get injured now!

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

I was concerned he the early part of his tenure as, for the most part, there was little sign of improvement, and there were some doubts re the quality of some of his past signings. I think he has put that concern permanently to bed now though.

It is funny, mind you, how so many of our views can change so quickly. Remember the stick Longridge was getting from many on here after 2-3 games? Now he looks like one of our best signings in ages and shows determination and passion that so few of the previous squad players exhibited.

You and the missus made up then? ;) 

I think we need to recognise that whilst Hartley may also want to retain players we also need to balance the budget.
I think he hinted that he wanted to bring in eight and release around 14. He can’t be far off that now.
However 14 is a lot to get rid off in such a short period of time and he probably can’t bring in any more unless he can shift others.

I’d agree but still a bit gutted. Hopefully Loy can recover some form, and can assist the team as we cruise into the plays off on the back of a 14 game unbeaten run.

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

I was concerned he the early part of his tenure as, for the most part, there was little sign of improvement

There really was, though. He was getting nearly twice as many points per game as Houston was with Houston's shite squad of shitehawks.