The Falkirk FC Thread

13 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

This leaves us a bit short up front does it not, considering Loy's not really contributing? Couple of injuries/suspensions would see us in the shit a bit.

Longridge, Nelson, Jabubiak, Loy, O'Hara. More than enough for this pub league.

Guest Back Post Misses

A player with all the attributes to play at a much higher level that Falkirk and St.Mirren. Quick, strong and skilful. Why is not playing at a higher level? Simply ask yourself why. Ross will have his work cut out getting the best out of him week in week out. He has it but just doesn’t produce it enough.

4 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

St Mirren, a team having a great season and yet their fans are getting semis over signing a guy who has rarely shown the potential that he is meant to have and was completely out of the running for a first team place with us.

Strange.

He won't get in the team ahead of Morgan and Smith but he is a far better option off the bench than Kirkpatrick or Dale Hilson. 

Would agree with BPM re Hippo, he is potentially a fantastic player but clearly lacks the mentality to be of consistent use. Even the good games that people cite aren't as brilliant as others make out, imo. I am delighted to see the back of him, he's infuriating and we're better off with other players that we now have in the squad. 

8 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Longridge, Nelson, Jabubiak, Loy, O'Hara. More than enough for this pub league.

I think both Nelson and Jakubiak, being very physical players, have the potential to pick up bookings quickly. As things stand I don't fancy having to depend on Loy or O'Hara as the main striker. Ideally, Loy leaving (as it doesn't look like he's going to contribute too much) and being replaced with a good experience guy to help the younger ones would have been the best outcome.

7 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Minus the handbag.

Perry ! One o the great what if's. Could win a game single handed for the bairns and next week be as well sitting in the stand for all he would contribute.  He went on a trail at Arsenal while at Falkirk. Heard on good authority they judged. He had the talent but not the mental discipline or concentration to make it.

Coyle has done absolutely zilch since us and St. Johnstone managerial wise.  Bullet dodged, couldn't really understand the clamour to have him from some of our fans before  Hartley got the job.

I think it’s hard to judge how he would have done at Falkirk in the Championship.
Does not really matter because most of us are happy with the job Hartley is now doing.

Just now, roman_bairn said:

I think it’s hard to judge how he would have done at Falkirk in the Championship.
Does not really matter because most of us are happy with the job Hartley is now doing.

Are you happier now with Hartley?

8 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Coyle has done absolutely zilch since us and St. Johnstone managerial wise.  Bullet dodged, couldn't really understand the clamour to have him from some of our fans before  Hartley got the job.

Apart from getting Burnley promoted to the EPL.